Should Riot add a SELL option for skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CENTIPEDARANTULA

07-03-2012

The idea is simple, buy at 100% price sell at 50% or something of the price paid (25% for on sale skins) so that Riot still makes money and players can get a refund for the skin that they didn't enjoy having or outshined by newly released skins.

Personally I wouldn't see that affecting Riot's business at all as the more new skins you release, if people don't have the RP to purchase they will not purchase, however if you recycle one old skin for nearly 500rp then put in more money and get an upgrade into a new release that would make everybody happy.

You would attract more bees with honey than with a poop stirrer.

node

07-03-2012

Or if they don't do that, they would continue to sell skins and not lose any money on refunds.

CENTIPEDARANTULA

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oefig View Post
Or if they don't do that, they would continue to sell skins and not lose any money on refunds.
I have at least a skin for every champion, I wouldn't buy most of the newly released skins because I already got something half decent. If they have a sell option I'd gladly sell at least a dozen champion's old skins and add more RP to replace them with their newer skins

Personally I'd replace cooking mama with blackthorne, coral reef with obsidian, perseus for fullmetal, but right now, I wouldn't spend the money on them, I might if they make it half price.

in the long run Riot isn't losing money, here's an example

I spend $10, buy a 975rp skin, Riot earns $10

When they release a new skin for that champion, I wouldn't get it, Riot still earns only $10

and now with sell option

I spend $10, buy a 975rp skin, Riot earns $10

release new skin for that champion, sell old skin for 487rp, add in $5, buy the new skin, Riot earns $15

So really it's just like giving the old skin owners a motivation to buy new skins for on sale equivalent price

[edit] Downvoters are jelly of my at least one skin for every champion, I'm a loyal Riot customer

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

I was thinking of this last week. I'd also recycle a bunch of my old skins. Doubt they'll do it though.

CENTIPEDARANTULA

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
I was thinking of this last week. I'd also recycle a bunch of my old skins. Doubt they'll do it though.
Why not though? Riot releases bundles with half priced skins, they have sales for half priced skins too and I am willing to permanently lose the 50% of the RP I paid for the skins I want to sell.

Everybody wins?

solonash

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesKneesx View Post
The idea is simple, buy at 100% price sell at 50% or something of the price paid (25% for on sale skins) so that Riot still makes money and players can get a refund for the skin that they didn't enjoy having or outshined by newly released skins.

Personally I wouldn't see that affecting Riot's business at all as the more new skins you release, if people don't have money to purchase they will not purchase, however if you recycle one old skin for nearly 500rp then put in more money and get an upgrade into a new release that would make everybody happy.

You would attract more bees with honey than with a poop stirrer.
lol, this bee knows what they're talking about

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Nah, I wouldn't change my skins (even the old recolors) for anything. I love each one of them, no regrets buying them.

Yoruichi

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
Nah, I wouldn't change my skins (even the old recolors) for anything. I love each one of them, no regrets buying them.
I bet a bunch of MTF players would disagree with you. Especially since Riot stated that they would not be updating/improving the skin.

CENTIPEDARANTULA

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
Then simply don't sell them, you have the option

Right now people with unwanted skins/outshined skins would want the option at least

SC0TT

07-03-2012

Hell yes. +1