RIOT PLZ. Orianna "buff" is more of a nerf (MATH ITT)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haha same YOLO

07-07-2012

Feel like she's worse playing her in bot games. The ball traveling slow is something that really bugged me. I couldn't play that much because of vacation though

5imple

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
DPM is down a little, but only slightly if you're spamming. Generally though, mids have good access to blue (RoA, Chalice -> Athene's are also possible mana options that don't cripple your teamfight ability later)
OMG

:facepalm:

Akkku

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5imple View Post
OMG

:facepalm:
"We want people to be versatile"

MUST BUILD MANAS, ALL YOUS.

hue.

5imple

07-07-2012

bump cuz ori was nerfed
bump cuz riot suck

Madotsuki

07-07-2012

I was complaining before, but.. I just played a game and did much better than I used to. I'll have to try a bit more to see how the changes affected her. Seriously though, the 1.8 sec cooldown with max CDR is just sexy.

Akkku

07-07-2012

I think her ball speed needs a buff, i'm not talking anything dramatic, but meeting somewhere in the middle at the very least. It's the same speed as a bind, but the difference between a bind and the ball, all her spells comes from that ball. The ball is veeeeery slow now and anyone with any sense of reflex can dodge it unless it's point blank.

More said later when I can test her out more, but off the bat, that ball speed is atrociously slow now.

Ai Bot 02

07-07-2012

Honestly,

I think riot did a great job at fixing the delay on Q > W combo which is the only needed change on her....
I mean she was fine the way she was after the "buff" the only needed change was the timing which was
fixed.... which is great, but I'd rather have the old orianna with the delay fixed than this latest orianna.

I understand why those top elo players that main orianna think that this patch is great, I mean i can still play well after this patch..... all the skill synchronize well with each other... but the Q nerf was really not needed.....

I've played her

5 games after the buff

Ori vs Cass = I can trade well, But the mana cost is just too great (all my games with ori I had to pick up 2 dorans ring or Chalice).

Ori vs Ahri = Youll have a hard time ... the end

Ori vs Anivia = Even match (if you get a kill first before 6 youll probly snowball anivia)

Ori vs Annie = Fairly easy if you know how to play against annie.

To all the players that think that Orianna's damage is not great before the "buffed"
have you played her? I mean I never had a problem with Orianna's damage before nerf.
I think that its pretty OP once you get deathcap .... 4 AOE nukes.... i usually get 15+ assist on a long game.

Morello ----- great job on the fixing the timing on Q>W and higher range on E was pretty good touch
never really had problems with E but that extra range was awesome.
all the other changes were pretty much UNEEDED.
1275 ball speed was balanced...Q was balanced

Global CD reduction? **** THAT.

Orianna's design was to spam all you abilities... then autoattack then use Q...E ...W when CD is up...
thats the friggin design of her..... **** why reduce cool down....

Long story short........

Bring back the OLD ORIANNA before the "buff" but with the fixed timing on Q>W

Ai Bot 02

07-07-2012

Honestly,

I think riot did a great job at fixing the delay on Q > W combo which is the only needed change on her....
I mean she was fine the way she was after the "buff" the only needed change was the timing which was
fixed.... which is great, but I'd rather have the old orianna with the delay fixed than this latest orianna.

I understand why those top elo players that main orianna think that this patch is great, I mean i can still play well after this patch..... all the skill synchronize well with each other... but the Q nerf was really not needed.....

I've played her

5 games after the buff

Ori vs Cass = I can trade well, But the mana cost is just too great (all my games with ori I had to pick up 2 dorans ring or Chalice).

Ori vs Ahri = Youll have a hard time ... the end

Ori vs Anivia = Even match (if you get a kill first before 6 youll probly snowball anivia)

Ori vs Annie = Fairly easy if you know how to play against annie.

To all the players that think that Orianna's damage is not great before the "buffed"
have you played her? I mean I never had a problem with Orianna's damage before nerf.
I think that its pretty OP once you get deathcap .... 4 AOE nukes.... i usually get 15+ assist on a long game.

Morello ----- great job on the fixing the timing on Q>W and higher range on E was pretty good touch
never really had problems with E but that extra range was awesome.
all the other changes were pretty much UNEEDED.
1275 ball speed was balanced...Q was balanced

Global CD reduction? **** THAT.

Orianna's design was to spam all you abilities... then autoattack then use Q...E ...W when CD is up...
thats the friggin design of her..... **** why reduce cool down....

Long story short........

Bring back the OLD ORIANNA before the "buff" but with the fixed timing on Q>W

Akkku

07-07-2012

Agreed with the post above, making the genius Orianna plays is hard to do now, especially with all the damage being on W and R (and R is not always up) now. As I said before, a lot of Oriannas used W more as utility than damage in more than quite a few situatons. Now, it's strictly seen as damage now with Q doing laughable damage. I liked the evened out damage due to having the choice of being able to use the utility of W to be able to GET to use your Q damage, but now my mindset on her kit is completely changed, and now it's just a "i'm going to Q->W EVERY time without variation in how I use them just so I can damage you at any point in the game" and I really don't like the mindset. Q is truly now just a placement spell.

EDIT: And, this is not me looking at just her numbers, yes her new number changes are scary, but when you look in game and how Orianna is played and how versatile her spells could be (you can use any combination of spells for lots of different situations, something a lot of mages can't do), her versaility is really taking a turn for the worse.

dkSentine1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Orianna bad