RIOT PLZ. Orianna "buff" is more of a nerf (MATH ITT)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haha same YOLO

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I never really intended for her ultimate to be a primary damage source, so unfortunately this is unlikely - as if she lands her ultimate, she gets all her other spells perfectly.

Although - maybe moving some AP ratio from W to R would be a good thing at the end of the day, just so 'wasting' your W on an allied speed buff isn't too bad. I'd have to sync up with Roku about it.

My apologies for not responding sooner - but my two personal pet-peeves that really kill my desire to respond on the forums are a small clique that self-bumps and huge amounts of math.

I have become highly suspicious of math, as of late - as my other QoL changes to various champions that haven't altered damage numbers have turned out to be.. err.. strong. (See also: Oh my god, what did I do to Rumble.)
Fair enough, I was providing a very small aspect of her changes with math (in retrospect). It wasn't meant to be a sensationalist thread (aside from the title) and I got carried away. I'll try to be more constructive in the future. However, I really do appreciate the responses and explanations from you and Morello, as well as the others involved.

FunkyBunch

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murloch View Post
Fair enough, I was providing a very small aspect of her changes with math (in retrospect). It wasn't meant to be a sensationalist thread (aside from the title) and I got carried away. I'll try to be more constructive in the future. However, I really do appreciate the responses and explanations from you and Morello, as well as the others involved.
Quote for truth! I'm so glad this wasn't just ignored.
Also, the thing I'm most glad about is the Ult stun removal, was a bug and a bug that's going to be fixed.

To The Moon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Honestly, I've only had two problems with these changes to Orianna: the speed of her ball and her mana issues, although I believe you've hit those points already.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2012
20 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Also, the thing I'm most glad about is the Ult stun removal, was a bug and a bug that's going to be fixed.
Keep in mind that Orianna's 'R' stun was never longer than 0.5 to 0.75 seconds - so... I'm not actually sure how much has changed after this is fixed.

PanRouge

07-12-2012

Quote:
We made her more responsive. As a side effect, she looks more bursty.
She's supposed to stun... whoops.
Her passive does more damage at <500 AP.
There's now a bigger tradeoff between speed and damage with her W.
People use Q waaaaay too much. Mix it up a bit, guys. Here, we'll raise the AP ratio to 0.5 to help. Just... try not to use Q all the time, it's really annoying.
Q speed was nerfed because your combo is now faster. Besides, the brain wouldn't have even noticed this difference if we never flat out told you.
As for damage to mana ratio... don't miss?
Finally, Pan and Flip need to stop commenting on these threads because they tend to have dominating personalities. I understand that in a thread >120 pages long, they want to be heard, but man... they can be annoying. Especially that Pan. Granted, he is the only person that really spoke to me. Because I design the best LoL champions ever, I'm going to name my next character in development after him. What a guy!
I've summarized Xyph's comments. I can't wait for the next patch!

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

The only thing I dislike about the change, after playing her a bit, is that it feels like I have limited choices with her W. It's such a large part of her damage now that it feels like I can't use it to give my team a speed boost without losing most of my damage, and then have to wait like 8 seconds to get it again.

Can you slightly reduce both the damage and CD on W, so that if I want to use it to help my team, I don't have lose as much damage in my combo/don't have to wait as long to use it for damage?

Xenotime Gaze

07-12-2012

Quote:
If you meet another mid with harass poke, the ideal response is going Q/W/Max E and stuffing their harass.with the shield combo and poking them with your passive.

In all cases though, simply using Q/W is good - but properly placing Q/W so that you can do a followup E and autoattack is the high end.

I've generally found Q's utility to be the strongest though in determining winning - Super portable ward. :x
Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm beginning to understand why the changes are a bit upsetting.

My playstyle was more tuned towards the supportive aspects of Orianna's kit then the mage in teamfights especially. The E shield-W speed boost for the initiator into R was my most common combo, but now that takes away much of her damage since the W cooldown is fairly significant.

I guess i was too reliant on Q for damage (at least until my W came back up)

FunkyBunch

07-12-2012

Quote:
Keep in mind that Orianna's 'R' stun was never longer than 0.5 to 0.75 seconds - so... I'm not actually sure how much has changed after this is fixed.
The duration of the stun doesn't matter so much to me. The Katarina that could Ult and I couldn't stop her like I used to do, DOES.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2012
21 of 22 Riot Posts

Okay, well, I'm going to go eat. Thanks for the questions/feedback!

FunkyBunch

07-12-2012

Thanks for making the effort! I'll have to get Orianna again. But now I'm looking forward to it.