RIOT PLZ. Orianna "buff" is more of a nerf (MATH ITT)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PanRouge

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJulian View Post
I like how people complaining just of a principle that some guy thinks orianna is terrible now & compare her to eve tier
If many people think the change was good for her including pro gamers like saintvicious & salce
think about it, if you still thinks she's bad you just playing her wrong
I play her fine. Hell, the patch has increased my KDA ratios substantially with her, but that's because I am able to modify my play style. I just feel as if she is missing something, namely the stun on her R.

BryceX

07-12-2012

I don't like the feeling of being forced into a playstyle or doing sub-par damage otherwise. Same goes with builds (anyone not use chalice?). I got fairly good at Q poking (by leaving the ball out and waiting for them to venture JUST beyond their minions for the first Q hit to register on THEM and not the minions and therefore no damage decrease but now Q does). I would keep W/E on standby if i was overextended. I would QW the enemy if they were overextended and I could safely walk up and aa them and win the trade with my E. If ally jungle was ganking, I would EW (E normally does the damage) my jungler to set up for an R Ignite when they get into the right position or QW enemy E ally or me (whichever would make shield hit) and the shielded person would get in their face. The W changes mean that I can still help my tank initiate, but I will have a much harder time bursting them down and dealing damage.

I want my high skillcap champ to have viable and versatile playstyles and builds. Not buffed/nerfed because I play them a certain way.

Kyrieles

07-12-2012

I agree with the OP completely.

Here's my 2 cents:

The Q ability is called 'Command: ATTACK' key word here is attack, not 'positioning'. It should feel like you're actually attacking someone, not tickling them. And it shouldn't move at a lolly gag pace either. It makes positioning the ball about 3X harder. You currently have to predict where they will move a lot more, and you're rewarded with less damage. ALL so you have the pleasure of dealing with this annoyance slightly sooner with a lower CD.

Please make R more responsive. I can't tell you how many times, I've hit R only to wait for it to cast, and died before I get it off. At the very least allow the cast to continue through death.

W1ck3dz0r

07-12-2012

bump till the day ori get some real love and not fake

Burrowing Owl

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanRouge View Post
Repositions are useless. Singed's flip only works because he does it when his team is around. But he, himself, does very little damage. Ori's ult does *slightly* (i.e. 50) more damage than her W. Her W also slows and speeds up champions and is on a short cooldown. Hell, it would almost make sense to switch her W and R because of just how useful her W is. Or, just make her R recast W.

The bottom line is that the stun on her R separated a simple flip spell from a true ultimate.
PLEASE, ffs.

PurpleFoxx

07-12-2012

I hope a red does actually come into this thread like morello promised :|

ZapatillaLoca

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

I tend to trust Roku as he's a hardcore, skilled Orianna player, and he's thrilled with the changes. This gives me some confidence when I have less oversight on specifics.
there lies the heart of the problem with all the tweaking of champions...stop changing champs to suit YOUR needs (ie: Riot staffers and pro gammers) and start thinking about the ordinary, just-want-to-have-some-fun players that make up most of the community here. The "hard-core" players dont need nerfs or buffs, they are good enough to handle what comes their way...for the rest of us, you leave us in the dust, scratching our heads and wondering WTF am I supposed to do now that I just got screwed out of my RP/IP and am left with a champ I cant play..?

Shãy

07-12-2012

im so bumping this

GR8H8

07-12-2012

sigh

Chortlebrah

07-12-2012

Try a different build for her. She's pretty awesome now actually and does crazy burst damage. For being one of the more defensive mid choices, she has gotten a pretty nice offensive buff.