Trouble With Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Jungle Or Feed

07-03-2012

Maybe I just had a bad team. Maybe I'm a horrible player. But I just went 0/6/1 with Akali top laning with Fiora. Whoever was playing Fiora was definitely downright horrible, and couldn't speak much English so that probably didn't help my mindset.

Anyways, I have a lot of trouble just sustaining. Health Pots ran out pretty quickly, and the burst damg I thought I would have just wasn't there against Maokai and Jarvan. They kept turret diving, killing me, surviving miraculously. I admit I haven't used Akali much, and I need experience. But I've read guides, watched tutorials, talked to friends. Not much of it has helped me.

Any tips/advice for early game?

FatTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

watch westrice

I Jungle Or Feed

07-03-2012

Yea, I have. I mentioned that I watched tutorials. His stuff is fairly viable, I understand, but I'd appreciate more current input.

SeventhDiablo

07-03-2012

I think i'm having trouble with akali too in that matter. If i don't do good to level 6 (when your ult is obtained) then i don't do good at all.

Personally if the game is going way in my favor, get rylai's and hextech gunblade. Otherwise i'd just go full AP (rabadons) with HP/armor and rely on burst damage.

Keep in mind people can use oracles to see you and some skills like Lee Sin's allow him to have you within his vision regardless of twilight shroud or whatever.

Close Combat Combo = QER (then W if you have to run) used if battle going in your favor and they run
Ranged Combo= QRE (W if you have to run)
----------------------------------
Summoner Spells = Flash, Ghost
Reason: Flash works in whichever situation and ghost can help you when you're trying to run and you have people circling your twilight shroud while you're in it.

I Jungle Or Feed

07-03-2012

Yea, it just took a bit of warming up for me. Won my last two matches convincingly, doubled up kills over death and quite a few assists too. Akali is a pretty awesome champ. Can't wait for teh buff.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Some tips for Akali:

- Before lvl3 play defensevily and harass with your Q when you can. Avoid to run at your enemy to AA

- Punish your enemy if he try to last hit close to you with your Q + AA combo.

- After 6 crazy party mode on, you should have your Hextech Revolver at least by now. Now you play agressively. Try to harass until your enemy is 1/2 of his HP then crazy combo: Q + Wait + R + AA + E + Q + AA (R when he tries to run away)

- You can use your W to: escape/harass/zoning/getting away from minions aggro/etc tons of things

- Your W gives you Armor and M. Resist.

- You should wait Q's cooldown before going for your combo

CS > Harass

Syferfyre

Recruiter

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhDiablo View Post
I think i'm having trouble with akali too in that matter. If i don't do good to level 6 (when your ult is obtained) then i don't do good at all.

Personally if the game is going way in my favor, get rylai's and hextech gunblade. Otherwise i'd just go full AP (rabadons) with HP/armor and rely on burst damage.

Keep in mind people can use oracles to see you and some skills like Lee Sin's allow him to have you within his vision regardless of twilight shroud or whatever.

Close Combat Combo = QER (then W if you have to run) used if battle going in your favor and they run
Ranged Combo= QRE (W if you have to run)
----------------------------------
Summoner Spells = Flash, Ghost
Reason: Flash works in whichever situation and ghost can help you when you're trying to run and you have people circling your twilight shroud while you're in it.
Why would you ever use her e in combat? That's a waste of energy, only use e to clear minion waves. In combat it does little damage and it wastes your limited energy.

I Jungle Or Feed

07-03-2012

Okay, a little more advice please? I just faced Singed and Jarvan in bot lane. It went TERRIBLY. My laning partner was also a Singed, but let's just say his head was full of hot air. SO things didn't go as planned.

With Akali, it was extremely difficult to counterattack that pair of Champions. I've never played either of them, and haven't seen them much. Any weaknesses I should be aware of? I know about Jarvan's horrific ult and Singed's stupid flip ability that mocks Volibear. So much anger...anyways..please help!