How do you counter Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

littleredrocket

09-02-2010

I'm trading between Kog'Maw, Alistar and Janna. Outside of spending a bazillion gold on wards and elixirs, is there an effective method of neutralizing her?

MrZann

09-02-2010

Janna and Kog both have range on her. Akali is amazing at closing gaps and bursting down a single target. So you (with the champions you mentioned) have to play defensively until you can get her outnumbered. Also remember that her shroud gives her stealth and oracle's does work on her.

Basically Akali is one of the best 1v1 champions in the game. But that also means she's fairly weak in team fights so make sure you target her down quickly. She's also particularly weak against champions like Sion, Anivia, Taric or really anyone with a reliable on demand stun/slow.

Supreme1337

09-02-2010

Target her first in team fights. Get some AoE damage, so that when Akali throws down her Shroud when she starts getting targeted, you simple fire of your AoE spells in there. For example have Garen spin around in the shrouded area, or maybe use GP's ult (which you should fire in the middle of a team fight anyways). A good old stun never hurt anyone either.

Exosus

09-02-2010

also one thing... if you or your teammates feed her you cant really "counter" her with anything unless her teammates screw up...
dont let her get fed, shell still be good... but not that good.

w3anas

09-02-2010

targetting akali first is a BAAAAAAAD IDEA unless u have oracle or she has used her stealth recntly
this what will happen u all attack her she stealth then u ALL just walk there automatically and get piled by AoE damage and lose the teamfight
i really recommend having oracle or a ward placed where u fight with her

in 1v1 i use ward when i get in to fight with her ASAP not when she invis

JumpingFreak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Don't run away when ur a squishy and getting focused my Akali.
I love it when people do that, It gets me into safety (out of the AOE spam) and brings the other guy in a 1 vs 1 with me (Akali wins most 1 vs 1 fights)

If you stay in the fight while akali is bursting u down, you can still hope for her to die before u do by teammates.
You run = your dead unless u got ghost or flash (even then it might be hard)

Baconnaise

09-02-2010

Depending on the champ akali isn't much of a problem imo. My personal experience seeing most akali players in normal queue is they don't contribute to their team much if at all. The ones that do fairly well usually stick with others on their team and even then tend to attack who is lower in health regardless of who the team focuses on. I tend to see most of the common dps champs leave if they start having a bad game.

I'm fairly new to the game still but I find many people are enamored with kill death ratios. It seems to me regardless of that kill death ratio whomever is killing towers and pushing seems to be the biggest asset to the team. My views might be skewed I don't know.

When I do come across players/teams that have a better champ makeup or just know how to play them better I ask for assistance. It happens to me almost daily as many more are just vastly more experienced than I am. There is nothing wrong with that and it's the best advice I can give you.

Mistjaymes

09-02-2010

use a sight ward.

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Tell one person to drop down a vision ward at the very beginning of team fights. Whether it's during a push, defending, or just somewhere in the jungle. (Make sure the vision ward is out of range of your/their tower)

Burn her down with everything you have. Proceed to a 5 v 4/4 v 4.

SkinlessCoot

09-02-2010

Her stealth doesnt prevent her from being hit by things such as mundo's cleaver or ezreals skillshots. I have also found that early game akali is rather weak, she can harass well with her throwing thing but if you go full on against her she will likely lose. However late game akali can be very strong 1v1. I dont have much experience against akali form anything other than an AD ezreal's perspective but for me if you go straight in for kills early game you will likely be able to kill her and it will end up gimping her late game.