Orianna "Buff"

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Love Taps

07-03-2012

Quote:
Orianna
Command: Attack Damage Decreased to 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.4), from 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6).
Command: Dissonance AP Ratio Increased to .7, from .5.
Command: Protect Range Increased to 1120, from 1020.
So you remove .2 ratio and 40 damage off her Attack, but only add .2 ratio to her Dissonance, on top of that. Her Dissonance has a 9 second flat cooldown, while Attack has a cooldown of 4 seconds at max level. How is this a buff when you can cast Attack twice as often as Dissonance, yet you just took 40 flat damage away on her main ability?

Her passive base damage got increase a lot (50 from 30 at max level) but her ratio got decrease from .2 to .15. BUT each subsequent attack does 20% extra damage, compared to the old 15%.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

CD on Q was reduced as well, so thats probably why the base damage was reduced

nvmvoidrays

07-03-2012

not all the changes are listed there either.

RoG didn't add the CD changes, the GDC reduction, the buff to her passive, etc.

i'm just going to wait and test the changes before i rage.

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

It is an overall DPS buff, and a DPM nerf...let me go find my math.

Will edit when I find my other post.

Edit: This is my post from another thread found here

Quote:
If you try it with 300 AP, you get this:

Losing 40 base damage and .2 ratio on an ability on a (now) 3s cooldown, and giving that ratio to the ability with a 9 second cooldown, is a damage buff.

Let's assume 300 AP, no cdr to make this easy. Also going to assume a single target due to Q's reduction as it hits more targets. Not going to include E and R as they're unchanged and are constant between now and then.

Pre buff in a 9 second window: 2(220 + (300*.6)) + (250 + (300*.5)) = 1200 damage

Post buff in the same 9 second window: 3(180 + (300*.4)) + (250 + (300*.7)) = 1360 damage.

Now let's look at DPM, which is where she was ACTUALLY nerfed.

Prebuff using above data: 1200/(50+50+110) = 5.71 DPM

Postbuff using above data: 1360/(50+50+50+110) = 5.23 DPM

So assuming you land your abilities everytime (she's now even riskier to play), she has a higher damage output with worse DPM. That athene's is starting to look pretty core.
Edit2: This also does not take into account the buff to her passive. Also, DPM is Damage per Mana...in case people didn't know.

Edit3: I've also played her on the PBE, and the GCD buff makes her INCREDIBLY FLUID to play. It's really nice.

Edit4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Face View Post
DPS loss on anything above 300 AP, and it just gets worse as you get more.
Le sigh, give me a few minutes.

With 800 AP:

Pre buff in a 9 second window: 2(220 + (800*.6)) + (250 + (800*.5)) = 2050 damage

Post buff in the same 9 second window: 3(180 + (800*.4)) + (250 + (800*.7)) = 2310 damage.

You were saying? Honestly, why did I have to do that? Does your computer not have a calculator? :/

Edit 5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Liable View Post
You also don't take into account that W is a massive AoE move and doesn't have reduced damage when moving through units. Q will have reduce damaged and can hit more than on target, but not as well as W.
I actually stated within my old thread that this is on ONE target. Implying that I land the C:Attack without hitting any other targets for simplicity's sake. Adding targets will not change the proportional difference, only the numerical. So it's still a buff, it just means we have to land one extra skillshot. Making Ori even riskier of a champ, but at least the payoff is also going up.

Edit 6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Nope, your calculations are flawed. Your arbitrary "9 second window" example isn't representative of damage-per-second, because you're fitting in an extra cast of the new version.

Use 12 seconds, instead. It's divisible by both 3 and 4.
Still using 800 AP so you won't use the argument used in edit 4:

(Going from 9 seconds to 12 adds an extra Q AND W in both scenarios)

Pre buff in a 12 second window: 3(220 + (800*.6)) + 2(250 + (800*.5)) = 3400 damage

Post buff in the same 12 second window: 4(180 + (800*.4)) + 2(250 + (800*.7)) = 3620 damage.

Would you like to continue, man who does not use calculator? Honestly, the nerf was to her DPM, not her DPS.

Edit 7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon hiver View Post
How are you able to use W on a 9 sec CD more than once in the 12 sec control in place?
You use W once near the beginning and again 9 seconds later.

Edit 8:

For those who care, the difference in damage between pre and post changes on ONLY COMMAND: ATTACK

800 AP in a 12 window using only C:Attack (Q):

Pre buff in a 12 second window: 3(220 + (800*.6)) = 2100 damage

Post buff in the same 12 second window: 4(180 + (800*.4)) = 2000 damage

ObscureClockwork

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmvoidrays View Post
not all the changes are listed there either.

RoG didn't add the CD changes, the GDC reduction, the buff to her passive, etc.

i'm just going to wait and test the changes before i rage.
i am raging because on pbe, her Q feels pretty worthless
and her harass is weakened due to mana efficiency decrease

though i cooled down quite a bit

Love Taps

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
i am raging because on pbe, her Q feels pretty worthless and her harass is weakened due to mana efficiency decrease

My problem exactly, the GCD will be nice, but most people that played Orianna could already hit the QW combo fine. She still has horrible mana costs and now her harass is even worse. On top of that everyone is still going to max Q first, making is a straight nerf until you get your W up to par considering they didn't increase the base damage and only the ratio on it.

Love Taps

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflator View Post
It is an overall DPS buff, and a DPM nerf...let me go find my math.

Will edit when I find my other post.

Edit: This is my post from another thread found here

Edit2: This also does not take into account the buff to her passive. Also, DPM is Damage per Mana...in case people didn't know.
You also don't take into account that W is a massive AoE move and doesn't have reduced damage when moving through units. Q will have reduce damaged and can hit more than on target, but not as well as W.

Pika Fox

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
i am raging because on pbe, her Q feels pretty worthless
and her harass is weakened due to mana efficiency decrease

This is why theres a PBE: To test for bugs or see if certain changes need a few more small tweaks.

If it ends up being that worthless, buffing the base damage up a tad bit again so its not as big a loss is always possible.

Round Face

07-03-2012

DPS loss on anything above 300 AP, and it just gets worse as you get more.

LeBonkers

07-03-2012

I appended this post to my original post. Please refer back to Edit 5.

12345 ... 11