The Shadow Isles, the most interesting lore in the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sulfurian

10-28-2012

The darker, mysterious, and demonic side of LoL. This patch really has brought the idea to the spotlight. I just wish it could be highlighted alot more. More monsterious champs like Kha and Rengar...more demonic and dark.

I'm honestly just a lil' tired of "Ooooh badass steriotypical humans, or little people!"

We need more darkness.

Lethal Harmony

10-28-2012

Darkness every now and then is pretty cool, especially in relation to the Shadow Isles. But if we had -all- darkness we wouldn't get cool opportunities for champions like Riven -- who is one of my favorite champions in-game and lore-wise -- who represent something that isn't pure dark or murky. There's a place for both types, and as such we should enjoy both. <3

Sulfurian

10-28-2012

While I like humans now and again....my side will always be with the monsters. Void, Shadow Isles. You name it. Join us, and we will slaughter them all.

dinoFUNK

10-28-2012

I sort of like the more light-hearted nature of this game. It makes the unique monster/demon champs that much more unique.

Also, some of the darkest stories in this game come from humans (or at least, humanoids). Kassadin, Malzahar, Diana, Orianna, Morgana, and Varus all have pretty dark stories. Also, Poppy is a little person, and her story is hella dark.

Cerubois

10-29-2012

Quote:
the most interesting lore in the game
...subjectively.

For me, Ionia is the most interesting. They have a complex history, and not much has been told of them before the War.
The struggles within, between, and about humanity will always interest me more than death and doom. A bit of darkness is great, but when it becomes like the new Karthus ("Deeeaaatthh, unffffff"), it's a bit of a turn-off. >.>

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

What we should more accurately talk about is how we love the diversity. They jsut introduced the Shadow Isles so yeah, of course they'd probably have a wave of Void Champions to catch up with Demacia and Noxus I'd imagine.

I can see them going the the direction of making a brand new faction.

Lagginator

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
The darker, mysterious, and demonic side of LoL. This patch really has brought the idea to the spotlight. I just wish it could be highlighted alot more. More monsterious champs like Kha and Rengar...more demonic and dark.

I'm honestly just a lil' tired of "Ooooh badass steriotypical humans, or little people!"

We need more darkness.
You sound like you'd love Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

chaser676

10-29-2012

Umm... what lore? All we have is that it exists, really. Besides the altars (which don't tell us anything really), we have almost zero development of the shadow isles