Is Support Teemo Worth It?

Yes Sir 25 52.08%
No Sir 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Support Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobby 8D

07-02-2012

Greetings Summoners! I've had this question for a long time and I thought I might as well make a thread about it.Support Teemo. Why don't people play it. I was wondering this because he can:

- Blind the other AD in lane and your AD can get some hits in.
- Mushrooms (Wards) every 35/31/27 Seconds
- Move quick to place your mushrooms fast and get out of fights.
- Passive Camo to hide from enemies.
- Toxic shot can put in a bit of damage for your team.

Can someone please explain to me why it's bad or why people don't play it or if it's good.
Thanks for your help.
There will be a poll for you to vote on your opinion.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Let's ignore the fact that Teemo is squishy, no sustain, bad escape, and all that other ****. If they do manage to win the lane, then end game rolls around and you are stuck with a champion who bought support items doing no damage at all, not really helping his team in fights other then an occasional blind and some map control, where as other supports have hard CC to back it up. Yeah, you can blind the AD carry, but their skills keep going thru, the mushrooms sight is stupidly small, his move quick isn't reliable, three second speed boost that doesn't cancel CC at all, his passive is ok, but being invis doesn't help your carry, and Teemo isn't tank enough to pop out behind them take the minions coming by, and the dps from both the opponent carry using their abilities AND the support as well. While it could work, there are much better supports, hell, Lulu can do the exact same thing Teemo can do except for the warding part when supporting, with better DPS throughout the game and better team fight presence.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

I honestly don't understand what support teemo brings to the table end game compared to other champs.
He has:
A blind
Ult w/ slow

With support items, that's ALL he will be able to do. And granted those are both at low range, which is scary on a squishy support.

Lets look at alister.
He has:
A knockback
An AOE knockup + brief stun
A heal
An ult that makes him a tank for 7 seconds and gives him 90 ad (amazing in team fights)

Or even kayle gives:
armor/mr shred on passive (not huge)
A slow on low cd
A speed boost + heal
Good minion pushing even without items
An ult that grants invulnerability for someone for 3 seconds on a super low cd.

and of course, supportlesticks gives:
A 3 second fear on like a 6 second cd w/ support gear.
An multi-target silence
A passive that takes 10 mr from everyone (every little bit helps)
His ult, which, if you buy a zonyas with your petty support funds, can actually do some helpful damage in a team fight.

In conclusion, teemo support doesn't do enough end game to pursue, and in lane isn't strong enough for it to be worth it.

Crocodilly

07-02-2012

teemo doesn't bring enough to the table to be as good as other support champion.

lulu got:
Whimsy (enemy): (blind + silence + slow.)
Whimsy (ally/ yourself): 35% movement speed and bonus ability power with a 5 seconds duration.
Glitterlance: 80% AoE slow (in a line)
Help, Pix! (ally/ yourself): shield + extra dmg (her innate)
Wild Growth (ally/ yourself): aoe knock back + bonus hp

teemo got:
blind (secundary effect of other better ccs)
mushroom (aka sh!t ward with far less sight but more duration and a aoe slow) -anyone can buy wards-

basically there's no reason to pick teemo over any other support in the game.

FrostOrFlame

07-02-2012

The problem with everyone's post in this thread is that they believe Teemo's build should focus on aura items.

Support Teemo should either be built as a shredder (Black Cleaver, Malady) or a DPSer.

Teemo's recommended build actually isn't that bad for the latter option, and it's how I always build Teemo when playing support. Granted your bottom lane doesn't feed, which really isn't hard, you're going to be a threat.

Teemo is a viable support because he builds DPS via magic damage items such as Madred's Bloodrazer, Wit's End, and Malady which stack with Toxic Shot and heighten Teemo's defensive stats. If you build a Guardian's Angel and a Frozen Mallet w/ Berserker's Greaves or Mercury Treads, you get an incredibly tanky-dps support capable of pushing, warding w/o wards, blinding and thereby reducing the effect of enemy AD carry which covers the need for a heal (if it's that big of a deal take Flash and Heal) during Laning. I've never gone negative when I play this way and I actually enjoy playing Teemo this way especially with the bug-fix to Toxic Shot several updates ago.

EDIT:
It's just like Karma. People think you're trolling, but if you learn to do it, it's one of the best lanes you can have.

Crocodilly

07-02-2012

nobody said anything about aura items.. you take the same build and use on others supports they would still be better support champions than teemo.

support teemo sucks

because his skill kit sucks if compared to other support champions.

as simple as that.

it has nothing to do with how you build him what runes/masteries/summoner spells you use...

FrostOrFlame

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
then end game rolls around and you are stuck with a champion who bought support items doing no damage at all
I agree that his kit is mainly focused on him more than assistance, but the fact that he does hybrid DPS when most people focus the support, considering as well that support teemo builds offtank adds to everything.

And what CC exactly are we looking at when Teemo's lane focuses on farming until the jungler shows up? All you need to do to play Support Teemo is sit in the bush and toss out a Blind or AA the enemy AD carry to force enemy support to heal, using mana. Packing boots + 3x pots adds to your sustain and the only way your passive can be broken is if Janna's lying around with her WOOSHWOOSH waiting for you.

I play Support Teemo. It works fine if you play passively and have your carry focus on farming. If you shroom the areas where wards are supposed to be placed, you avoid ganks just as easily as wards would and you usually pick up an easy kill on the enemy's support or jungler.

Jamaree

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSentir View Post
The problem with everyone's post in this thread is that they believe Teemo's build should focus on aura items.

Support Teemo should either be built as a shredder (Black Cleaver, Malady) or a DPSer.

Teemo's recommended build actually isn't that bad for the latter option, and it's how I always build Teemo when playing support. Granted your bottom lane doesn't feed, which really isn't hard, you're going to be a threat.

Teemo is a viable support because he builds DPS via magic damage items such as Madred's Bloodrazer, Wit's End, and Malady which stack with Toxic Shot and heighten Teemo's defensive stats. If you build a Guardian's Angel and a Frozen Mallet w/ Berserker's Greaves or Mercury Treads, you get an incredibly tanky-dps support capable of pushing, warding w/o wards, blinding and thereby reducing the effect of enemy AD carry which covers the need for a heal (if it's that big of a deal take Flash and Heal) during Laning. I've never gone negative when I play this way and I actually enjoy playing Teemo this way especially with the bug-fix to Toxic Shot several updates ago.

EDIT:
It's just like Karma. People think you're trolling, but if you learn to do it, it's one of the best lanes you can have.
With what farm are you going to build all those DPS items if you are going support?

FrostOrFlame

07-02-2012

With the farm I get covering lanes, gp10 wards, masteries, and items that I sell later in game.

Of course it's not efficient. I never said you should prefer Support Teemo. Just said it was possible.

Jamaree

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSentir View Post
With the farm I get covering lanes, gp10 wards, masteries, and items that I sell later in game.

Of course it's not efficient. I never said you should prefer Support Teemo. Just said it was possible.
With that logic, support Mordekaiser is viable too :I