Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranged DPS Janna!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davael

12-20-2009

To be honest if you just look at the stats Janna is very weak in comparison with Ashe or Yi. But there are several other advantages.

- it's f*cking funny to play her this way, you'll fly around the map
- it's unpredicted no one expects you to do this
- it's a very versatile role, your gale won't do the same damage as any other Janna will do but it's still a very powerfull spell (I put the third point in it)

So don't expect to be better than with an Ashe or an Yi. Just try to have a bit fun, it's awesome.

Pinith

12-20-2009

DPS Janna is one of my favorite champions to play. Love the initial idea.

What I've found works best (I think I have average Elo):
-I like getting one rank of howling gale first--the knockup has a wide radius, really helps in team fights, and will help get or avoid early ganks.
-Shield wins early--I usually prioritize this over zephyr. It adds decent damage and if spammed will keep you alive much longer. You can also out-lane most enemy champions with it if you spam it.
-For items, I like to go attack speed and procs. This means malady, wit's end, mandred's, sword of the divine. I usually get either wit's end or sword of the divine first, depending on enemy team composition. Attack speed synergizes well with her shield and scales well to late game, unlike damage.
-Recently, I haven't even been getting zeal/phantom dancer, as she can still (with some care) kite almost any melee champion with her arsenal containing knockup, slow, knockback, and shield. Move speed doesn't even really help her against ranged champions anyways. Crit doesn't help a lot if you have low damage or rely on procs like wit's end, and low hp also means dodge doesn't help a ton. Instead, dumping some money into hp or an attack speed+proc item seems more worthwhile.
-Another way to play 'dps' Janna is as hybrid dps/support. This means items like nashor's tooth, sheen, and rageblade. The extra AP helps the shield's hp. It also makes your heal not-totally-useless, and gives gale/zephyr a bit of a punch. Gale (which you should always fire immediately) will get its full AP benefit if fired right away. During fights, you have to concentrate on getting good knockups, slowing enemy carries, and protecting your own carries with shield/knockback-heal. It's tricky, but feels pretty rewarding.

Chai

Recruiter

12-20-2009

DPS Janna is in fact quite feasible. Simply by book, her stats are quite mediocore other than her amazing movement speed, and her skills all look like a support build. But getting that shield and right click early game is amazing for harassing.

agip33, top 300s ELO always plays a DPS Janna, and usually does pretty well with her.

emmkaygee

12-20-2009

i just played my last 4 games with dps janna, and i have to say i love it.

PineappleThis

12-31-2009

I just want to thank you for this idea and the guide, I've played and won my last 5 games going dps janna, and she is so fun, especially because most people think she's an easy kill and chase her then die to my teammates or my spell spamming.

And just one suggestion is to upgrade the meki pendant into a chalice if your having mana problems, which I do sometimes, although honestly I have never gotten around to actually doing it cause the games end.

Aknar

01-01-2010

I saw someone recently played with inspiring from your guide,he endet the game with meki,zerker's,calling,and zeal and our team had 4 tanks,btw despite her DPS build all she did was eye-ing her teamm8 (eve) and spamming gale,so WHY dps build if she was counting on her spells? totally dum player,but she really has some potential for DPS,any champ with a decent disable or AS/MS buff could hang on some dps items

Aknar

01-01-2010

Quote:
Chai:
DPS Janna is in fact quite feasible. Simply by book, her stats are quite mediocore other than her amazing movement speed, and her skills all look like a support build. But getting that shield and right click early game is amazing for harassing.

agip33, top 300s ELO always plays a DPS Janna, and usually does pretty well with her.

btw where did you saw a list of top ELO players? I would be very interested in it

Chai

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Search it.

Slowdown

01-04-2010

Physical Janna is worst fail ever.

Her spells scale so dam well with AP and with only 25% cooldown reduktion you get so short cooldowns, that it is a shame to EVER go physical! Plus your suport ability went to sero, as Shield and Ulti-Heal do scale very well with AP too.

Nashor's is the only item with little more AS you should ever buy for her. Well, Sheen but only to make it a Lich Bane.

Tornado, auto attack (100% AP bonus), shield, auto attack (100% AP bonus), slow, auto attack (100% AP bonus).

Slow has a 0.9 multiplier for AP which is very good, Tornado I belive 0.8.
So as soon as you reach 300++ AP you start to rock!

Again: Phyiscal Janna = mega fail!

Chingmeister

01-06-2010

I like to go Tiamat>boots>Tiamat>Warmogs>Tiamat>Tiamat. It gives a nice chunk of hp and mana regen to skirmish forever, and to keep Eye of the Storm up...which owns face.

I have 30% attack speed from runes/masteries so I have that covered.