Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranged DPS Janna!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheesus

11-07-2009

Quote:
Xocolatl:
Just for the record, I think some DPS stat is worth shooting for at the end of each game, simply because her CD prevents her from doing anything else.

Ryze DPS? Now that could be fun, haha. Sadly, he IS already a carry DPS, since his auto attack scales off of his AP and mana. Have you ever gotten hit by one of his auto attacks? Hurts like a mofo, I'll tell you that. If you'd actually slap on an extra item, it could become even more potent.
If it wasn't for the fact that he's too freaking popular already, I would totally play him over any other caster. I love his appearance, and I love his skill set. I just hate having to compete with other players to select one character in solo game.
Why should I get a phantom dancer or Infinity Edge with caster/support only items? Either I hit fast with zero damage or I hit a bit harder but slower than a slug. Just get another item which increases the use of your nukes further.

Yes, getting an attack speed item on ryze as a last item may not be a bad idea, but other than that just go mass AP. Wow, a one-sentence-mini-guide.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-07-2009

Well, your guide still needs to figure out how to increase his survivability a bit without gimping him too much, and possibly a lot of playing tactic.

Like I said, I have never advocated Infinity's Edge or Phantom Dancer. I always go for Madred's Bloodrazor or Last Whisper as my final item on caster, possibly Black Cleaver (or whichever one that stack AR reduction) or Stark's Fervor for their debuff and aura.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

11-08-2009

Quote:
Xocolatl:
Well, your guide still needs to figure out how to increase his survivability a bit without gimping him too much, and possibly a lot of playing tactic.

Like I said, I have never advocated Infinity's Edge or Phantom Dancer. I always go for Madred's Bloodrazor or Last Whisper as my final item on caster, possibly Black Cleaver (or whichever one that stack AR reduction) or Stark's Fervor for their debuff and aura.

Why? It doesn't give you any benefit over say, a banshee's veil, or a zhonya's or something.

Yiruru

11-08-2009

Did my own variation on solo queue but it's similar enough:

http://imgur.com/0th81

HP isn't really needed if you play smart and your tanks don't drop too fast

Neeina

11-14-2009

I use dps janna and typically got 5-10/1-3, Last game i went 13/1/9. I'm pretty happy with this play style Thank you for the guide

Catmuffins

Recruiter

11-14-2009

ive played a lot of both styles of janna now, and AP janna > DPS janna

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

11-14-2009

AP on janna is a waste, her gale isn't there for damage, her heal scales like shit and her W is only useful as a snare. Her shield scales moderately well, but it's much better to build things like Aegis and Soul shroud to help your team out.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-14-2009

Quote:
Ryuujinx:
Why? It doesn't give you any benefit over say, a banshee's veil, or a zhonya's or something.

Not personal benefit, of course. I just pick items with good aura or debuff, or to take down the tank (since no one else wants to do it).

Doesn't Monsoon scale by 1AP per second? The scaling itself is not bad--but the use for the spell itself can be quite limited, as we have established earlier.
Zephyr actually has the same base damage and scaling as every other main nuke spell in the game, so it's not bad in and of itself. The problem is the lengthy cooldown, so you can't rely on it for damage. And I agree, Howling Gale is better saved for utility. That thing is great at stopping chasers.
Does it [Howling Gale] interrupt channeling though? I thought that all toss up mechanics should, but my Howling Gale is not interrupting anything. It could've been my lag too, but I don't think my lag is 3 seconds long.

@Catmuffins
How so, please elaborate. I am by no means pro with her, and could always use some tips and tricks. I have got this support/dps build down pretty well, but I have never been able to make an effective AP build for her. Teacchhhh miiiiii~!

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

11-14-2009

Quote:
Xocolatl:
Not personal benefit, of course. I just pick items with good aura or debuff, or to take down the tank (since no one else wants to do it).

Doesn't Monsoon scale by 1AP per second? The scaling itself is not bad--but the use for the spell itself can be quite limited, as we have established earlier.
Zephyr actually has the same base damage and scaling as every other main nuke spell in the game, so it's not bad in and of itself. The problem is the lengthy cooldown, so you can't rely on it for damage. And I agree, Howling Gale is better saved for utility. That thing is great at stopping chasers.
Does it [Howling Gale] interrupt channeling though? I thought that all toss up mechanics should, but my Howling Gale is not interrupting anything. It could've been my lag too, but I don't think my lag is 3 seconds long.

Q interrupts channels, done it to nunu/kat tons.
Monsoon is .25, also it's a pretty useful ability; it lets you seperate their team while giving a pretty nice heal
Zephyr does decent damage, but it;s a long CD.

Tanky Janna with good auras is the way to go, imo.

Aekero

11-17-2009

Tried it, loved it, granted you're probably better off going any of the pure dps, but for change/shock value/fun, I had a blast with dps Janna, went 10/4/10 my first try, probably could've prevented a couple of deaths if not for overzealous glee. (she's so freakin fast!)

This game is so imbalanced right now, it's good to make the neglected heroes work. (had marginal success with ap Janna, decent with cd/aura Janna)