101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
I R getting Sarah Kerrigan vibes.

DazedSquid

07-06-2012

Quote:
I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?
This really hit it home for me. Can't wait!

I love cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

yay a female champion

Rihawf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

inb4 healing reduction debuff on kit of the character

Vsin

07-06-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

Y u no design more like Sylvari. Seriously, that looks like a human wearing leaves, not a plant person :/

hartar

07-06-2012

From Lulu to Draven i bought all champion on day one. I bougth 5 champion day one realease in row, and that because i also bougth rene and ez in the midlle of this.I promise to myself that i would buy the champion 100 making that 6 champion bougth day one in row and the i would buy some runes, but damm Morello you forced me to go 7 champion bougth day one in row.

Tiggeriffic

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
so, i probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because i got to work much much more directly on it than i usually do and it's an archetype i think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(hint, she's not made of flesh):
take my ****ed money!!

SP3

07-06-2012

Quote:

Uggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

brb bathroom

Xaph

07-06-2012

Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Blackthorn Morgana?

cwcriner

07-06-2012

spider queen is that you?