101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solonash

07-06-2012

Soo... will she be getting a Blackthorn skin like Morgana? I think that would be a nice touch. And maybe LeBlanc too since she's part of the Black Rose and is a mage. Speaking of which...

*Silenced*

buckX

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.
(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
Obviously you can't just make a champion OP because it's number 100, but Riot certainly hasn't treated all champion releases the same. There was a heck of a lot of teasers and hype leading up to Wukong.

Zerglinator

07-06-2012

She's Maokai's mother

Because NATURE CAN BE A REAL MOTHER

72 Pillars

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
She's Maokai's mother

Because NATURE CAN BE A REAL MOTHER
I see what you did there.

Ultrinnan

07-06-2012

looks like she won't have double D's either. Riot is really outdoing themselves :O

Maikky

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
while i maintain that jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but i think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this i wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." i feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, i probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because i got to work much much more directly on it than i usually do and it's an archetype i think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(hint, she's not made of flesh):
time to start up where we left off !
the streak of big boobed supermodels !

Morello

Lead Designer

07-06-2012
3 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlbara View Post
holy jeez its spider queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not Spider Queen! THIS. IS. ZYRA!

NamKim

07-06-2012

Yeah...after what Morello showed us and said, OP you were right. 101 will be an amazing champ.

wonnered

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelonemage View Post
Release that champion today please.

She looks HOT
ftfy

72 Pillars

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is not Spider Queen! THIS. IS. ZYRA!
...who?