101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrodoSwagginsz

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
Dear Morello, I want this D: . THE SUSPENSE, IT IS KILLING ME Guess I'll just have to wait like a good summoner.

Soláce

07-06-2012

Queen of Blades, Plant Edition? Hawt.

BigDiff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Like the idea of the champ and the artwork but another redhead?

DaMiTzNhan

07-06-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

I'd rather see a goo girl.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:

We get it, she's a plant (Morello, master of subtlety -.-) but I'd still hit that.

Jake Compton

07-06-2012

Quote:
Release that champion today please.

She looks BAD ASS
lol, you know she is "bad ass" because you saw half her face and some plants in the background.

Niteban

07-06-2012

Quote:

It's Poison Ivy from Batman, how unoriginal Morello -.-

marlbara

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
while i maintain that jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but i think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this i wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." i feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

So, i probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because i got to work much much more directly on it than i usually do and it's an archetype i think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(hint, she's not made of flesh):

holy jeez its spider queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save Me

07-06-2012

OMG! is that the FIRE KING????

Vanra

07-06-2012

She's a plant mage, so 100% possibility at least one of her abilities will involve vines.