101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnleashChaos

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Sure. For a champ to be fun they have to feel powerful/effective. They don't have to BE super powerful/effective.

But if they aren't effective in the first place, you're just gonna have a bad time.
As a matter of fact, I tend to play Champions that are said on the lower side of the balance or that are undervalued. You may call me hipster, but I like having the challenge to show that every Champion has a good potency. If that one Champion doesn't bring me a win, it brings me the satisfaction of trying to making it win. When playing Champion that are on the strong side, you already know you have win that is closer to reach. Your point is why take the long way when there's an easy one. My point is why take the easy one if the hard one creates more challenge.

Now, I agree a Champion probably should feel effective, but effectiveness comes in in different aspects. If you allow me, I'll show you where your argument falls dead. You brought the fact that Sejuani is a weaker version of Amumu, not being as fun though. Now you bring the argument that a Champion has to feel effective and that it's not linked to true effectiveness. The whole weakness here is that if you ask someone who doesn't play League who he thinks is stronger between a woman boar-rider that wields the power of winter and a morning star and a mummy who damage enemies with tears and scratches, that one person will probably have a definite and obvious choice into mind. You based yourself on the current effectiveness / given value of Sejuani and Amumu and took the fact that Amumu is prevalent nowadays if we compare these two champions.

Kind of contradictory.

AlphaPhoenix

07-09-2012

Hey Morello, I know this probably isn't the right thread, but I'd appreciate any response. Even a "I've acknowledged this post but refuse to answer".

So what do you think about a champ whose/who's (which one do I use?) abilities differ based on the last one activated. What I mean, is not technically invoker, but sort of related to him.

Example: Q W and E each have their own unique and specific abilities. Q is a skillshot, W a single target point and click skill and E an AoE.

Each by themselves have no major additional abilities (just damage) but if you activated another ability prior to activating this one if has an additional effect (sort of like brand, except instead of his passive, you combo with other abilities).

So say if you activate E before Q your skillshot gains increased range + no unit collision. or if you activated W before Q the enemy is pushed back slightly

Q before W target is stunned temporarily. E before W target gets DoT applied to it

Q before E duration of AoE increased slightly. W before E mini-Jarvan ult for 1 second

Of course, everything has to be balanced accordingly and the abilities are just hypotheticals made to give an example. they need to be thematically adjusted and made balanced yada yada yada.

tl;dr Brand, but instead of comboing with passive, combo with previously cast ability

tl;dr of the tl;dr
Nerf Irelia

Morbidanimosity

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oddly, Irelia ****s all over her :P
Every champion has a counter anyways, and i dont mind that ,
it only makes it more challenging - which makes it more fun

Imsostronk

07-09-2012

Will sell soul for more information, pst for info.

Ding an Sich

07-09-2012

Hey morello what would you think of this? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=ding

Sir Sheogorath

07-09-2012

If the seed grows into a tree or some sort of cool plant, I will break my screen by throwing money at it.

BuzzJack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Do you think you could give us a sample of her voice? It's just one line, it wouldn't hurt.

The Power Cosmic

07-09-2012

I've got a few general questions about Zyra myself:

What do you envision her on the Difficulty scale from 1 to 10? What about Damage? Utility?

Cobaph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Aww. I wanted to argue more.

That's okay, I'm still in an argument with like 3 people over Persona 3 having common enemies with common spells that have a 25% chance to end your game outright and set you back 40 minutes due to the save mechanics, and how they never tell you any way to prevent this from occurring - why that's bad game design.

But I guess I should stop derailing this thread anyway.
That's because arguing subjectivity is a waste of time and is literally just all sides saying, "I'm right, you're wrong!" despite how contradictory some of the things you say are to itself.

Also they are called Homunculus and they do tell you that they prevent instant death.

Malurth

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A mere bug View Post
As a matter of fact, I tend to play Champions that are said on the lower side of the balance or that are undervalued. You may call me hipster, but I like having the challenge to show that every Champion has a good potency. If that one Champion doesn't bring me a win, it brings me the satisfaction of trying to making it win. When playing Champion that are on the strong side, you already know you have win that is closer to reach. Your point is why take the long way when there's an easy one. My point is why take the easy one if the hard one creates more challenge.

Now, I agree a Champion probably should feel effective, but effectiveness comes in in different aspects. If you allow me, I'll show you where your argument falls dead. You brought the fact that Sejuani is a weaker version of Amumu, not being as fun though. Now you bring the argument that a Champion has to feel effective and that it's not linked to true effectiveness. The whole weakness here is that if you ask someone who doesn't play League who he thinks is stronger between a woman boar-rider that wields the power of winter and a morning star and a mummy who damage enemies with tears and scratches, that one person will probably have a definite and obvious choice into mind. You based yourself on the current effectiveness / given value of Sejuani and Amumu and took the fact that Amumu is prevalent nowadays if we compare these two champions.

Kind of contradictory.
I'm not sure my argument is why take the long way when there's an easy way. I'm saying if I don't feel powerful, then why am I playing this game? Which is why I mentioned Talon as I did; he FEELS powerful, but since he's got a few un-fun ****les and gets outclassed fairly heavily, you kinda feel bad just for using him in the first place. If you want to pubstomp with Eve, all power to you, but I don't think that's a common sentiment.

If a champ is

- Less powerful than another similar champ
- Has a more boring kit/feel than that same champ

That champ is less fun. Certainly, players have different tastes, and I'm sure some would find Sejuani to be more fun. That's why we have a variety of champs...but it's about broad appeal, and jumping into an enemy and stunning him at 1000+ range with a well-placed skillshot and then following it up with a huge AoE pseudo-stun and going to town on everyone around is just a lot more fun for most people than a champ who can stun a bit at range, dash once in a while, and slow people.

And of course I'm clearly injecting my own opinions on all of these. The "super fun" champs I listed are just champs I really like.

Also I fail to see how your lore argument is relevant.

Edit: why is ****les censored