101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeninth

07-06-2012

101 will be awesome because the last 3 were so abysmal imho. The funny thing is I bet the champ will be well received just because it's not a muscle guy! And if she's really cool then it's a bonus.

Ooo it will be so cool if she's some champ you can build different ways. Maybe AP carry, maybe like a warlock tank who drains life slowly!

OvernightSiren

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
I'd still prefer a male that's not necessarily BUFF (similar to Ezreal) but hey, at least it's SOMETHING different after the last 3 champions...

HayabusaZero

07-06-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

This idea of a interview video with Riot's employees telling the ideas behind every champ to the date sounds awesome! I hope to see it in the near future =)

And that teaser is too beautiful to be true hahaha. I think everyone will be happy with your champ, Morello. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inside info!!! It's always great to have some contact with all the great people at Riot.

Mirelyght

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sexual Moose View Post
The picture looks awesome,"starts throwing money at Morello" just take it !

Pretty sure Plant Mage has been more anticipated since people have thought this has been coming since "Plant King" was known about before he got canceled.

we've been waiting for the "big daddy" of the void to come out since kog'maw.....malzahar, kass, kog....they've been spelling out a major incursion from a bigg baddy of the void for quite a loooong time.

cant wait to see his skins...

Litewarior

07-06-2012

Gavid's queen is out for vengeance after her husband was killed by the league!

nastynate600

07-06-2012

Quote:

Any news on the karma rework? I thought a while ago you guys were in the final stages of testing and then pushed it back and now there is no word of it.

Bluesfear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

forgot jayce, just release this champ already

xerav

07-06-2012

And they release next hero in what ? 1month or 2 ?

UnleashChaos

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
while i maintain that jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but i think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this i wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." i feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

So, i probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because i got to work much much more directly on it than i usually do and it's an archetype i think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(hint, she's not made of flesh):
XARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <3

ChiIi Palmer

07-06-2012

I still want the "wizened old man" type character in the game.