Pantheon build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CurryIsBoss

07-02-2012

What do you build on pan?

Rustu

07-02-2012

This is my build for Pantheon.

1. Berserker's Greaves
2. Bloodthirster
3. Infinity Edge
4. Another Bloodthirster
5. Thornmail
6. Warmog's Armour

Works really well.

D00mGiver

07-18-2012

For boots i use either merc or ninja depending on the other team.
Then
ghostblade
Black cleaver
atma's
IE
warmogs
That is the general order depending on how fed you are.
If they have a lot of ap and magic casters i might switch out warmogs for force of nature.

IchibanNoodle

07-18-2012

I usually rock with the following

Boots + 3 health pots -> Ionian Boots (The ones with CoolDown Reduction)
(Situational) Brutalizer -> Youmouu Ghostblade
Giants Belt -> Warmogs
Atma's
More attack damage stuff depending on what the enemy team has

For summoner spells I use Ghost and Flash, as my forms of escape, bceause Pantheon does not have any built in escape mechanism.

Khizan

07-19-2012

There's no One True Build, but here's some guidelines, and the way I generally go.

Pantheon is an AD caster; the majority of his damage is in his abilities. This means that raw AD is more valuable than **** near anything else, and it means that attack speed and crit are fairly useless in comparison to raw AD. Builds going with Zerker's or Black Cleaver or Phantom Dancer are bad builds; you shouldn't be autoattacking enough for the attack speed to be worth it. That means that when you want to build damage, you want to build AD.

Myself, I start boots/pots almost all the time. Panth needs the mobility to harass with his spear and to avoid harassment himself.

If the game is decently for me, I go straight for a Brutalizer next. Brut is perfect for Pantheon: AD, ArP, and CDR. Everything you need. This is my first choice that gives you a surprisingly large amount of early game damage due to Panth's huge AD ratios. Hexdrinker is a very close second, though. The same AD as the Brutalizer, but with a lot more survivability against AP. I get this against AP tops(unless I'm stomping them), or when the mid is somebody like Cass and I know I'm gonna need the MRes.

As a note, the Brutalizer builds into a Ghostblade; the Brutalizer is excellent for you while the ghostblade is a waste of gold. The upgrade costs as much as the Brutalizer again, and the stat upgrade is 5AD, 5% CDR, and 5 ArP. The active is only really useful as a chase ability for you, since you don't benefit much from attack speed. So you're paying 1300+ more gold for minimal stat gains. The Hexdrinker, on the other hand, builds into the awesome Maw of Malmortius, which is a great offensive/defensive hybrid item.

For boots, I go with Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi. Occasionally, I will take the CDR boots, but I generally like the defensive boost from either of the others. I choose the former against teams where I need the MRes or the Tenacity, and the latter otherwise.

At this point, it's all situational. If the game is going well, a Bloodthirster for huge AD. If it's going badly and I can't be sure of keeping my stacks up, I'll go more defensively. Maw, Fratma, Atmog's, etc. For pure defense, Guardian Angel is a solid pick.

Whatever you do, just remember that you're a caster. Your spear has a 1.4 ratio on AD. Your Heartseeker, if you land the whole thing, has a 3.6 AD ratio and it's an AOE. You want AD way more than any other offensive stat. You do not want to be one of those Pantheons building attack speed and crit and autoattacking constantly, because that means you're being a bad Pantheon.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

100% agree with Khizan.
Although I got used to start with Long Sword + pot to speed up brutalizer (running ad reds/quints, mp5/lvl yellows and flat mana blue), endlessly harassing with Spearshot (it hits for ~120ish at lvl 1, most people won't survive 5th spear).
After Brutalizer, the party starts big time.
After snatching few kills and having Mercury's Threads (or Ninja), going for BT. Then I found out that buying chainmail is very nice touch, for 700g you will make enemy carries, which are by now all going on you straight away, if you do your job right, wondering why did they die and you still have half hp left?
I used to go 2x BT, but it's a pain when you die, losing a lots of AD. I usually grab LW after chainmail (46% arpen with masteries, works on skills) and then usual Atma from chainmail -> Warmogs, getting you over 300 AD.
Nonetheless your dmg will dimish midgame+, due to CDs and abilities not hitting hard enough vs. all those endgame HP/resists and you "incapability" to autoattack, so before picking Pantheon, make sure there is someone in your team to take the rapist stick after you start to lack juice.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Are you gonna go Top lane, or Jungle?

The solomid pantless in the 2k elo jungle explains the theory behind Jungle. He basically starts boots+3pots, focuses heavily on early ganks, gets 2 dorans instead of wriggles, then Brutalizer, Phage, and tanks up (atma, frozen mallet, force of nature, etc)

For toplane, I'd expect a similar approach. I'd want a fast Philo Stone to gimme mana for spear spam and provide regen, along with a few Dorans to toughen me up.
Then, brutalizer, phage, tank up.

---------
While he doesn't scale like an AD carry, he IS pretty decent even lategame. He has excellent AD scaling ratios on his skills and is naturally resistant to enemy autoattacks and Q-attack resetters.

Spear adds 1.4 AD which is huuuge. 4 sec cooldown too for fast spam.
His turbo-pokey does 3.6 AD vs champions! Holy **** thats a lot! With 150 bonus AD he is doing 850 aoe damage. On a 6 sec cooldown.

Too bad his aegis doesn't scale.

Destabilizator

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I'd want a fast Philo Stone to gimme mana for spear spam and provide regen, along with a few Dorans to toughen me up.
100% wrong. You'd want flat mana blues + mp5/lvl yellows to take care of all your mana problems and go for Brut asap. It give tremendous DMG boost for Panth. No problem taking 1 bar away with Spearshot.
Doran's are also a waste, capitalize on your early game brutal power (dead ppl do no dmg).

RadiantDestroyer

08-31-2012

For me, it's Prospector's Blade/Doran's Blade x2, Berserker Greaves, Black Cleaver/Giant's Belt/Frozen Mallet, Black Cleaver/Cloak and Dagger, Tri-Force. I rarely get to the Tri-Force before it's GG.

You go in and poke with your spear, W, E, Melee, Q, then melee while Exhausting them and Ghosting after them while you continue to auto-attack them. It's usually a won battle.

In the end, you've reduced their armor by 45, then exhausted them for another ten to total it to -55 armor. A GhostBlade enhances your DPS and movement speed, allowing you to poke their ass to death before your Q is available again to deal the coup de grace. If I play bot on Dominion, I usually end up being ganked by two or four enemies because of this.

If I play top on Classic with a team mate that tanks well and has CC, I can rack kills there too with that build.