Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are Custom Skins Legal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

07-02-2012

I found out about custom skins a few days ago, and I have 5 on my computer. I didn't download any of the official skins such as the Crimson Akali or the Redeemed Riven models, but I did download a few fan creations, like the AC Milan Akali Skin (which is a recoloring of the soccer themed Akali skin Riot discontinued).

If I'm not allowed to have these on my computer, I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me so I can uninstall them. I thought they would be an ok thing to have because the skins are fan creations, not official Riot skins which are sold in the store, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and if anyone at Riot is reading this, I would really appreciate it if you guys could consider making a Samurai Akali skin like the one featured on leaguecraft.com. Here's a picture:
(I would buy that faster than you can say Pulsefire Ezreal)

z2k

07-02-2012

Yes. Custom skins are viewed by you, and not other players. As long as you are not given a physical advantage over other players it's legal. So are custom UIs, Timers, etc.

Sir Kevinus

07-02-2012

u realize nobody can tell whether you're using custom skins or not, right?

Azuredragon653

07-02-2012

According to the EULA and ToU, they are against the rules.

With that said, Riot does not punish people in any way for using custom skins.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

07-02-2012

Custom skins are legal (As in: Not punished).

So if you want to play as a naked Sona with ten times the boob size, just go ahead :3

ZeCanadian

07-02-2012

You be going to prison

TheKMAP

07-02-2012

Quote:
CounterSnipe:
I have 5 on my computer

yea its illegal. good job now the cops are coming to your door

ActionButlerGO

07-02-2012

Quote:
SynRG TheKMAP:
yea its illegal. good job now the cops are coming to your door

What are you waiting for, OP?

Run, man!

RUN!!!

7HJZRIwNTDXdRX

04-11-2014

no cops cant come for you if you download custom skins only u can see them so haaaaaaaaaaa moron ****ing troll *** naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you suck have a good day not loser you suck ****ing troll ass *****

The Leg Man

04-11-2014

Quote:
7HJZRIwNTDXdRX:
no cops cant come for you if you download custom skins only u can see them so haaaaaaaaaaa moron ****ing troll *** naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you suck have a good day not loser you suck ****ing troll ass *****

Someone who necro'd a 2yr old thread, calling someone else a moron. Priceless.