Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To all the people who smoke marijuana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deãth

07-01-2012

Why exactly do you do it?
I mean i've talked to A LOT of people who smoke it and their primary logic is "There's no harm in it man" or "Hey be glad it's something heavier"..

In my opinion that's the biggest piece of **** i've ever heard. For the first argument, its bull****.
When a person smokes marijuana it speeds up their mental processes including the rate of speed of hormones, and this in turn causes increased hormonal division rate. This literally heavily amplifies your chances of getting cancer..

Apart from that most people smoke marijuana in order to release stress, but that builds a mental dependency similar to how cigarettes do. Now obviously cigarettes are worse than marijuana and way more addictive but that is primarily because of the tar that is pumped into the tobacco before it is sold..

The second argument isn't terrible, but it isn't true. If one looks at the effects of marijuana compared to the effects of LSD, LSD deals less damage to the body, primarily because the damage from LSD is physical while the damage from marijuana is mainly mental.
So by that logic, go do LSD, it's safer..

Also chronic marijuana smoker DO infact develop a tolerance to marijuana, I personally know a person who used to smoke everyday for the last 2-3 years. About a month ago he claimed he wasn't getting high anymore and it not on acid..

Also know another kid, he was awesome freshman year of high school, got good grades was popular with everyone. Sophomore year he started smoking marijuana and now just smokes mostly instead of sports or schoolwork, his grades have a ll heavily dropped but he doesn't care, the marijuana will keep him safe right..

This doesn't really have a point other than to vent my feelings about how stupid (in my opinion) people's excuses for smoking are..

Wanna know though, why do or don't you do it?

Deãth

07-01-2012

Going to sleep now, hopefully this won't get buried, i'd really like to see at least some responses, regardless if they're ****ty or not..

EmperorSsraeshza

07-01-2012

I'd like to point out that the average joint contains x4 tar than a a cig.

That is all.

Destaice

07-01-2012

^Above post is bull****.

No I don't smoke it, I don't see the point.

It's more of a waste of money than anything.

DaSuperMinion

07-01-2012

I don't remember for sure who said it, I think George Carlin, but when asked to explain the draw of weed and what effects it had his answer was, "All weed does is make you ok with being board..."

StinkFist501

07-01-2012

I used to smoke quite frequently. I enjoyed it because it relieved stress and got my mind off things, but I was always cautious with it. I never smoked before i went into work, before I drove anywhere or during the day. I mainly did it after a long day at work and during the weekends when I was off, and it was always a little amount. I would usually sit back and put on some great music relax and take to my sketchpad or canvass. Thats why I did it, and i enjoyed it.

I don't smoke anymore though, not sure why. I just don't care for it. I don't want to spend the money for it and I have more important things to worry about i guess. But if other people want to smoke it, that's fine with me, I'm not here to argue.

I'm sure we've all known or heard about someone that has had their life "ruined" because of marijuana but it all comes down to self control. Weed isn't addictive unless you allow it to be. Its addictive the same way ***, video games, and food is addictive.

but that's just me.

Brinzy

07-01-2012

I've never tried it because I was too scared to give it a shot back in college days, and by the time I considered it once, I didn't do it because too many drug checks for jobs. I definitely won't be doing it anytime soon. Probably never will.

Now, as for how harmful it can be to the body, I don't have any knowledge on that. The way I see it though, it isn't much different from other drugs the way I see it. If you do it every now and then and don't grow a dependency on it, I don't think it'll ruin your life or anything.

Powerstoned

07-01-2012

Marijuana is the least inhibiting inebriate that works well for me, and i do enjoy having one(not really a drinker, too taxing on my body relatively). Other drugs are too expensive, and/or make too nasty of an addiction, that keeps me from functioning with all my responsibilities.

LSD is great, but it takes you too far out of the social/normal world for 6+ hours, that you need to set apart time for it, when responsibilities aren't needed. 99% of even hard drug users don't want to do LSD a second time, because even though it's the least harmful physically, it can get too weird/scary for most people.

Dragoeth

07-02-2012

Things that THC can treat symptoms of effectively... (and in most cases better than available prescription medications due to lack of side effects)

Nausea
Migraines
Diabetes
Glaucoma
PTSD
Chronic pain (cancer, aids, multiple sclerosis)
Fibromyalgia
Anxiety
Insomnia
Anorexia
ADD and ADHD
Premenstrual Symptoms
Depression
Seizures
Hyper Tension
OCD
Tourette Syndrome

DeutschMaster

07-02-2012

OP. I'm not really here to debate the uses of said plant.

However you made a very crucially wrong statement. 'Cigarettes are pumped full of tar' tobacco is naturally extremely sticky. Marijuana is also extremely sticky - more so than tobacco. However people don't usually smoke as much marijuana as they do cigarettes, so it's negligible.