Sound files

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Machopchopchop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2009

I know this seems extremely strange but i was looking around for sound files for the champion 'Annie'.

I was hoping i wouldnt have to record straight off the game. Would quite like to have the crazy girl saying "Have you seen my bear tibbers?" as my txt tone(how awesome i know)

If anyone has any information on this please reply, thanks

FuttBucker9000

11-04-2009

It's probably packed into the LoL_Audio_en_US file in the game>data>sounds folder. All I'm gonna say about that. Shouldn't be too hard to get out as long as you know what you're doing, but make sure you make a backup.

HappyNihil

11-04-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=mini-tutorial
could help you to understand how the sound system works

how to rip the file etc. is up to you to find out (google), keep in mind that Riot might not be happy about it (it would be silly in this case, but they have every right to)

if you have problems figuring it out just record it off the game with audacity (not the best quality, but by far the fastest way to do it)

Btw. if you think that "You wanna play too? It will be fun!" wouldnt make you look like a perv you may find it in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\assets\sounds\en_US\champions in mp3 form. Again, keep in mind copyright.

Machopchopchop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulshin3 View Post
It's probably packed into the LoL_Audio_en_US file in the game>data>sounds folder.
Sorry im kinda noob with that kinda thing, how do i extract/get it out/steal it from there? I dont think Riot would have a problem with me doing it(hopefully) im not using it for anything other than a txt tone.

FuttBucker9000

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machopchopchop View Post
Sorry im kinda noob with that kinda thing, how do i extract/get it out/steal it from there? I dont think Riot would have a problem with me doing it(hopefully) im not using it for anything other than a txt tone.
I'm assuming the sound has some sort of a copyright on it. If it doesn't then I'm sure the file containing the sound does. A simple google search would put you in the right direction. Use the method above and it might help a little bit.

HappyNihil

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machopchopchop View Post
You really cant expect an answer here. Itīs their IP and their forums. Their policy on these matters is not known (check contradictory responses in the thread I linked for starters) but probably wont be favourable even though they might tolerate it and none of us wants to get banned from here for no good reason.
If you really want it, you will spent the time needed on google and find it yourself.

If I were in your place Id just record it from sound output.

aerborne

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulshin3 View Post
I'm assuming the sound has some sort of a copyright on it.
This clearly falls under fair use, seriously people get so over the top on (C) law. Some games have actually required you to uncompress and alter the files just to fix a bug that never got patched.... Prototype for instance.

Unpacking game files is no big deal but i haven't done it for lol and I don't know what they're packed with. Try 7zip, it magically unzips lots of things. If not, search for the file extension of the packed up files, sometimes you have to find some obscure thing to unzip a weird cab file or something.

HappyNihil

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerborne View Post
This clearly falls under fair use, seriously people get so over the top on (C) law. Some games have actually required you to uncompress and alter the files just to fix a bug that never got patched.... Prototype for instance.

Unpacking game files is no big deal but i haven't done it for lol and I don't know what they're packed with. Try 7zip, it magically unzips lots of things. If not, search for the file extension of the packed up files, sometimes you have to find some obscure thing to unzip a weird cab file or something.
Afaik this isnt fair use (Im farily sure of it, but Im not an American and Im not a lawyer)
But thats not the point, the point is that Riot stated that they dont want their files to be distributed outside the beta forums (when we were in beta), they might mind ripping these files.
Frankly I dont give a frak about IP and in my country I can use any audio-video file for my personal use legaly as long as I dont distribute it, but were on Riot forums and what matters is if they mind it or not.

If he wants these files, he will spent the 30minutes on google.
Or he can go on IRC and ask the devs if they mind, Ill gladly create a tutorial on how to rip the files in question.

As far as Im concerned, the last official reply I got on the topic was:
Quote:
Keep in mind, redistributing these, even within this beta, in a new format, is very, very bad sauce.
and
Quote:
Just a reminder sharing this content outside of the beta isn't allowed.

As far as sharing it internally we aren't actively working to put a stop to it right now and we'll have a more official line on it pretty soon.