Mastery for Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindBanshee

09-01-2010

Hey guys, just bought Pantheon and can't wait to try him out, just trying to figure out what I want to do about masteries. He's kind of a glass cannon so I liked the idea of going Defense with his masteries and then getting damage items, but nothing in the defense tree really looks that great to me.

Am I wrong? Should I just go with the Defense tree or should I go Offense?

M4nTiCoR3

09-01-2010

Nothing in the defensive mastery tree is really gonna make you all that more durable to be honest. If you have dodge seals and want the nimbleness mastery, you can always grab it with 9 points. The 4% damage reduction at the end of the tree is really lackluster. On a champ with 4000 hp it nets you about 160 effective health. Your more likely to get half that much, so maybe 80 extra effective HP for going 21 deep. Ardor for the AS is lackluster since you dont usually get any AP, the bonus 60hp is nice early game but really not huge. I dont see you taking improved Fortify as Pantheon with so many better spell choices for his playstyle.

Basicly, if you think investing 21 points into defensive is going to make you a lot tougher you are mistaken. It will give you a little more breathing room lvls 1-6, but the extra defense is quickly overshadowed after level 6.

The offensive tree on the other hand will significantly improve some of your dps skills, and the utility tree can solve a lot of mana problems if you refuse to grab gear with Mp5 on it, while going only 9 deep in defense can net you almost as much benift early game as going 21 with a dps champ that has little plan of stacking defensive items late game.

Best advice is to try it and see if you notice a difference in your survivability vs your dps output. Good luck, and have fun out there.

Cueballmac

09-01-2010

I don't play Pantheon at all but by looking at his skills you definitely want him to be offensive as much as possible. I think all he needs for def tree is getting the armor, mr and nimbleness which offers a lot of survivability with your dodge yellow runes preferably.

I think that the spartan can dish out heavy damage as long as he has the right items to go with. The way I see it, damage, armor pen, attack speed and life steal is the way to go. I would get a G.A for overall survivability and to prevent losing stacks if you have a snowball item such as a SotO or Leviathan.

Pantheon is all about burst damage and you want to maximize that strength of his as much as possible to be effective all throughout the game. Being tanky for a panth isnt that bad, but being a wreaking havoc panth is much better.

And besides, the spartan shield is already great for defense.

This is madness!
Madness?
This is SPARTA!

BlindBanshee

09-02-2010

Great replies guys, thanks for confirming my thoughts.