Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, what do you think of Darius now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTSL Pernski

07-01-2012

Quote:
RiotDissonance:
He is fun.

There is nothing more fun than brutally massacring your enemy after seemingly strategic decimating cuts here and there and preventing their escape after already making their escape attempts feel futile with forceful apprehension and precise cuts to their appendages in order to make them slower than worms that are deemed dead at the moment you touch them O___O

.. I mean...

.. The ball is angry.

New favorite Red. Hands down.

CataclysmCrash

07-01-2012

That feel when it isn't a Red on the dev or balance team that posted.

Basedmoni

07-01-2012

Thanks for replying, Dissonance! While I agree that he is fun to play, I just feel that the satisfaction gained by that one player often sacrifices the fun of many others in the match. Granted, if any character goomba stomps everybody then its not fun for those other players, but Darius somehow feels like he detracts from the fun of the game more often than other characters, and even from his own team in some situations.

I understand that its unrealistic to ask for a complete overhaul of a champion or anything of the sort, but are there any changes that could be made or at least looked into to change how anti-fun he is? I know that Riot strives to keep anti-fun mechanics out of this game, as has been stated many times. Also remember, I may be in the minority by having this opinion. What does everybody else think? Please post your feelings on the matter.

Nyxneko

07-01-2012

Quote:
RiotDissonance:
He is fun.

There is nothing more fun than brutally massacring your enemy after seemingly strategic decimating cuts here and there and preventing their escape after already making their escape attempts feel futile with forceful apprehension and precise cuts to their appendages in order to make them slower than worms that are deemed dead at the moment you touch them O___O

.. I mean...

.. The ball is angry.

Oh there's plenty more fun things I can think of.... like getting a legitimate pentakill, playing champions that take skill to win with, winning a mirror match at mid, the list could go on and on really.

ClutterButt

07-01-2012

Quote:
RiotDissonance:
He is fun.

.. I mean...

.. The ball is angry.

wait what ? i find him boring even tho im getting kills left and right

win top / enemy's top is under farmed / proceed to win the game

xxAxel

07-01-2012

He is fine, donĀ“t make another trynd

Phil Nye

07-01-2012

What's fun is beating that tool inches from life with my burning angel stick and laughing at how I used to have problems with such a dumb character trying to slug it out with wukong.

Then I remember the fun I used to have being a monkey...

Yeah, this champ's stupid

Rekkoning

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

07-01-2012

Quote:
CataclysmCrash:
That feel when it isn't a Red on the dev or balance team that posted.

I may not be on the balance / development team directly, but I do work with Live on a daily basis. Also, Darius is the first champion I got to test from earliest "playable" version up until release. Besides, the thread was "what do I think about Darius".

If you want me to get into full detail "balance" wise, I can't. It's not my area of expertise nor do I have the data to back it up.

I can say though, as a player, that the recent nerfs to his ultimate have made his ultimate clearly something of reward to the player and SHOULD not make the other feel as bad, considering how much work it actually is to perform optimal play without putting yourself into a compromising position as top is (arguably) the easiest lane to gank in today's competitive scene.

His laning phase is rather sub-par, but he is rather tricky to mitigate against as a lot of his early trade damage comes from Q and auto trades, but a lot of the actual damage that lasts is based on his bleed stacks which is magic damage. So those who go ninja tabi are pretty gimped because you're not necessarily maximizing your returns (regarding damage mitigation.) though ninja tabi probably is the most effective choice (depending on how trades carry out.)

His W serves as an auto attack but waiting until after an auto attack can make it so that the enemy is out of range so it's pretty tricky learning how to use this most effectively.

His apprehend is tricky. Yes, it's 550 range (which is about the average of your daily AD carry and certainly higher than most champs that go top lane), however it does root you into place so it's not something you can just use unless you've effectively slowed / sped yourself up with your passive movespeed.

And lastly, his ultimate. Oh boy. His ultimate. This glorious, glorious, GLORIOUS ultimate.

Too bad it costs 100 mana to use.

His combo takes anywhere from 215-235 mana to use.

It takes more than one combo to wittle a normal tanky top to the point where you can kill them with your ult to maximize its returns (ie: refresh w/ kill), especially because of the removal of the grace period it used to have.

But again, this is just me as a player. I still think he's fun.

Murderously fun.

Murderously.

Birps

07-01-2012

If you can kite him your good, honestly look at his win rate its around 50% meaning hes at a balanced point.

drzombieface

Recruiter

07-01-2012

I know I'll get flak for this, but I like Darius, and I've found waiting for your teammates to get fed and THEN Space Jam dunking everyone to finish fights works best.

If you play him like a greedy kill hungry maniac, your teammates are going to hate you, obviously. Just have some self control until that moment when you can explode all over the enemy team and help win a key fight with his huge burst damage.

Yes, Darius is very strong. Yes, he can recover in the late game. But a bad Darius player is going to screw his team over when's behind by mashing R in every fight. That's his biggest weakness: people who can't control themselves when playing him. A good Darius is a freaking nightmare, while you can dominate a bad one easily with smart play or counter picking him if you can. He doesn't do well in competitive play because as soon as he's picked, whheeeew counter picked. Which means he's really strong in Blind, where most of the QQ comes from.

I love the feeling of landing that ult on someone who made the mistake of engaging in a bad trade with me or someone that I caught and bursted down. Having that power at your finger tips feels good, but, I don't think he can be changed too much without becoming something no one ever plays ever again. I'm well aware of the fact he's stupidly strong, my opinion on that is that there's plenty of ways to deal with him, and that there are stronger champions anyway.

I just think he's really fun. I understand why alot of people don't share that same sentiment, but I can still find ways to keep him fun for me and my friends while I'm premading as Darius with them.