Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, what do you think of Darius now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basedmoni

07-01-2012

It has been a while now since Darius has been released, and I am curious what Riot's (or at least some Rioters) think of him. I understand there are ways to counter him, but he really makes every match he's in so much less fun, regardless of which side he's on. He can let other people take kills in order to let them get more money instead of him hammering everything, but then when he needs to later on in the match, he can climb his way up to where he would be if he was smashing everything from the start. Every match he's in just feels more frustrating, and I am not even someone who obsesses over who gets kills or anything. I just am curious what Riot thinks of him now that the community has gotten the time it needs to play around with him a bit, since their position has been "the community will get used to him and learn what to do". In my personal experience, people have not figured out what to do to keep him from reaching super tanky hammertime man mode, as the worst I've seen him do is mediocre, but never poorly unless another Darius destroys him.

TL;DR : Rioters, what do you think about Darius now that you've seen how he performs in the hands of the community?

Imperious

07-01-2012

His Ult is broken.

Afflictid

07-01-2012

I hate him on my team, I hate him on the enemy team. Stupid champion design. Also the reasoning for his ult being true damage because it's "too mathy" is dumb. Really? Shouldn't it actually take some thought to get your high damage ult to reset it's cooldown completely?

Basedmoni

07-01-2012

I agree with you Afflictid, I feel that they should have made it more "mathy" so that it would take at least some thought to decide when to smash someone's face in. Even Garen feels like he needs more timing.

PardonMySwag

07-01-2012

Honestly, he's pretty bad. Now I know 90% probably won't agree, but hear me out. To me, personally, his laning phase can be utter ****. I've seen kayles demolish him, however some matches are fair. The problem is, and what I think 90% of the community is facing, is that he just stomps on weaker top laners.

Don't go akali top and expect to own darius. Irelia can win trades, and kennen does very well against him. He is beyond susceptible to ganks, or literally any kind of cc. Seriously, just get your jungler to gank him and it's over. He has no escape. Works best if you have a high ganking jungler like nocturne, lee, or amumu.

The only thing I see going for him is a gimmicky ult.

Basedmoni

07-01-2012

Thanks for your input PardonMySwag, and I agree with you on how to counter him and that his early game can be easily squished, but I feel like as the game goes on, he can just jump the kills and climb up to glory almost too easily.

mystić

07-01-2012

if he can secure a win by getting fed off of KS'ing, then thanks for the free elo. A wins a win in a team game.

Lord Gildarts

07-01-2012

Quote:
PardonMySwag:
Honestly, he's pretty bad. Now I know 90% probably won't agree, but hear me out. To me, personally, his laning phase can be utter ****. I've seen kayles demolish him, however some matches are fair. The problem is, and what I think 90% of the community is facing, is that he just stomps on weaker top laners.

Don't go akali top and expect to own darius. Irelia can win trades, and kennen does very well against him. He is beyond susceptible to ganks, or literally any kind of cc. Seriously, just get your jungler to gank him and it's over. He has no escape. Works best if you have a high ganking jungler like nocturne, lee, or amumu.

Kayle can destroy a lot of top lanes.

RelaxingBrownies

07-01-2012

Quote:
PardonMySwag:

So in other words... do what you do to EVERY top laner. This advice is just as bad as "cc and buy armor" as it counters just about every top. Kayle does ok against him, she has range, but his dot just kills her if she tries to ult through his ult.

Woozl

07-01-2012

I don't think the problem is that he stomps bad tops. In my experience, the problem is that even when he gets stomped at top, he can recover faster and harder than anyone else, just because he needs far fewer items for hit kit to do massive damage.