What does "smurfing" mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedTunes

07-01-2012

I was playing a match as Tryndamere and it was about 23 minutes into the game already, and there was a small fight on top lane.
Their jungler came in from behind and I was low on health, so as soon as someone pinged the area, I used spinnig slash to rush out, and Q', then used my pots since I was ignited.

He said something like "You must be 'smurfing'. You don't need pots in mid game, that's what your Q' is for."

I never used all my pots since I bought them my second time back, just as a precaution.

I googled what it meant, and to my understanding, it was defined as a high level creating a new account to play on...but I don't understand how that correlates with using pots mid game...so that definition might not have been accurate.

Define, please. c:

lol I died again

07-01-2012

Grinding up a small smurf to use as blue dye in foods.

LeviathanElite

07-01-2012

Disregard him

Feladorzor

07-01-2012

Its like dwarf tossing but for blue people..

Nah that guy obviously doesnt know what it means

Leveling

07-01-2012

It basically means a player who most likely has a higher leveled and more skilled account to "pwn" lower leveled players by making a new account.

Swampert

07-01-2012

It's when you make a second account and start back from the beginning. There are lots of reasons people make them, but many of those reasons revolve around getting to stomp low level players, which is really unfortunate.

This account is technically a smurf, but I play all my games with level 30 friends so I don't ruin new player's games. Also I literally do instalock Fizz every game on this account.

Cannibal Armada

07-01-2012

pots help to migitate the damage his ignite does and he's probably just mad about that. he thinks you're too pro for him, just let him QQ without saying anything.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

As the other posters have said, smurfing is the act of creating a new account after you have already played to level 30 on your first account. Most people do it to smash newbs. Other people do it because they feel they are "trapped" in "Elo Hell" and want to try starting ranked with a fresh account. Other people do it because their main got perma'd.

Also, it seems that that person had no idea what a smurf actually is.

nanana kas

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTunes View Post
I was playing a match as Tryndamere and it was about 23 minutes into the game already, and there was a small fight on top lane.
Their jungler came in from behind and I was low on health, so as soon as someone pinged the area, I used spinnig slash to rush out, and Q', then used my pots since I was ignited.

He said something like "You must be 'smurfing'. You don't need pots in mid game, that's what your Q' is for."

I never used all my pots since I bought them my second time back, just as a precaution.

I googled what it meant, and to my understanding, it was defined as a high level creating a new account to play on...but I don't understand how that correlates with using pots mid game...so that definition might not have been accurate.

Define, please. c:
A veteran player making a new account and yelling at level ones that theyre noob and should buy wards. So means. making a new account is kay, just people need to not yell at the noobs ):

Hardcore Pwn

07-01-2012

Lol he has no idea what a smurf is, ignore him.