Unlocked camera or locked camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amatzikahni

11-06-2012

I only toggle the lock feature when I want to return to my character or if teamfights get really hectic. Otherwise, I almost exclusively play unlocked and, lane depending, I'll spend more time looking at things other than my character. Unlocked helps you more easily get last hits since your character is moving but the minion often isn't, so having a stationary camera allows you to move your mouse more accurately (at least for me). It especially helps for all skillshots because I smartcast everything in this game.

Mambazo

11-06-2012

People actually use a locked camera? O.o

Unlock it. Use the spacebar to return to your champ's position if you get lost during a teamfight. Really, to be as successful as possible you NEED to unlock your camera.

Quib

11-06-2012

I find it really interesting how far removed the player base has become from the game's roots. Do LoL players not play RTSs or something?

Crank Shape

11-06-2012

I remember when I played with a locked camera.

The way I learned is I just grew some balls and dove in to normal games with an unlocked camera. You can change the sensitivity of scrolling in the options menu (in game) which helps a lot because the default is way too sensitive.

Just do it, you'll find that having an unlocked camera gives you much more vision and control and you get used to it very fast. You'll make a few mistakes here, but that's how you learn.

Deshawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

It's all preference. Dyrus being a good example of a player who plays with locked camera. I have a friend who doesn't smartcast AND plays with a locked cam. He manages to beat 2200 players in lane.

That being said, I use smartcast and unlocked camera. I feel it lets me react faster and more reliably.

Amoc

11-07-2012

I never ever use locked camera. The first time I toggled it by accident I freaked out until someone told me how to fix it.

I can see why it would be good for a lot of champions to use in teamfights, however. For some reason I lose my champion in the mess when a fight goes down and I have trouble locating myself and targetting properly. That's usually more of a problem for smaller champs like Katarina.