Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unlocked camera or locked camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

white boy 17

06-30-2012

which is better to play with because i see a lot of pro players using an unlocked camera and im just wondering why one or the other is better

Deitrix

06-30-2012

I switch back and forth in matches, actually. Unlocked camera helps see what's going on outside your own limited area, lets you better aim long range skillshots and is almost mandatory if you get stuck on purple side.

Syferfyre

Recruiter

06-30-2012

I've been using locked camera from 1-30, can't switch to unlocked even on the purple side, too big a change, if any1 has any tips xD

HaffSack

06-30-2012

I've played unlocked the whole time. Locked is to restrictive.

osnapcracklenpop

06-30-2012

Just practice using it. I used locked when I first started. Then switched to unlocked, it was hard at first but over time you don't even notice it and its like riding a bike

xxNegusxx

06-30-2012

turn down the sensitivity with it off it might help

Lajinn5

06-30-2012

i unlock when im on the way to a fight or need to look somewhere/guide a pet, i prefer to stay locked for fighting because i find it easy to lose focus if i'm not directly centered on myself

DaSuperMinion

06-30-2012

Unlocked is better if you can do it (and especially if you are the purple team)... however, I simply can't do it so I have just learned to compensate and for the most part I don't think anyone playing with me can tell the difference...

DaSuperMinion

06-30-2012

as far as tips for getting use to locked camera purple... time and pratice. Learn to play slow and smart and focus more on out farming them. Some champs however will always be a pain such as Nid...

Kirielis

07-01-2012

Unlocked is better in almost all situations, provided you can keep track of where your champion is. I say almost because there is still the mouse-movement to direct your screen, while your skills may want to be directed elsewhere. And yes, reducing sensitivity really does help a lot.

Locked is a lot more convenient especially for low-range champions. As long as you have map awareness, I really couldn't care less, though.