@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

~bumped

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

necrobump!

any word on this? last i checked, innate attack speed per level WAS moved to the "bonus" part of the display (so you can see your base attack speed at all times), but still no total percentage display. people routinely get confused when i tell them that they "already have 300% attack speed, so 10% more from the crit mastery is only a 3.3% dps boost" (i think the context of this one was tristana with her Q).

DarkerNectron

03-14-2013

While you're looking to make information more visible,
could you please put a "this is how much damage Sheen/TF/LB are doing" when hovering over the item.

TheBigBuddha

03-14-2013

bump

JJJNigel

11-22-2013

S4 preseason bump!

I see a lot of good stuff in the UI and tooltips, with more and more stuff getting a nice explanation of exactly how much it does. In addition to the attack speed percentage as described in the first post, how about AP ratios? For example, perhaps something like:

Quote:
Annie blasts target enemy with a fireball, dealing 85 (+14) damage. Refunds mana cost on kill etc.

AP scaling: 70%
This way the information doesn't clutter up the description text, but is still readily accessible in-game without having to go to the LoL wiki or anything like that.