Mirrei, the Lightweaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

07-17-2012

Removing the blind effect from Flashblind, enemies outside of vision still can't be targeted. It's 20 degrees, the 25 was a typo.

Deeplight

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyr Baelish View Post
Mirrei, the Lightweaver

Mirrei is a support mage champion who uses illusion to confuse her enemies and conceal her allies.

Ability Overview

Passive - Illusionist's Guile
Upon exiting a bush no enemy units were in, or upon an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds. Dealing damage or using an ability will break the stealth.

First Ability - Flashblind
Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area. Enemy champions hit by the blast take magic damage and have greatly reduced vision that recovers quickly.

Second Ability - Fleeting Distraction
Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that charms enemy champions.

Third Ability - Glammerveil
Mirrei folds the light around an allied champion, distorting their image and causing enemy autoattacks and targeted spells to miss them. They ignore unit collision during this time.

Ultimate Ability - Grasp of Phantasms
Mirrei draws terrifying illusions around an enemy champion, fearing them and dealing magic damage.
Alright another support champion, awesome! At the first look here it seems like we have some pretty nice CC's and a very interesting ally applicable defense skill. The numbers seem like they are going to be crucial for this champion so let's move on to those.

+1 for the appearance and lore. Those are often skipped and are a nice added touch. Skimming through her lore her deceitful illusion make up reminds me a little bit of leblanc. Very nice.

Quote:
Passive - Illusionist's Guile

Upon exiting a bush no enemy units were in, or upon an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds. Dealing damage or using an ability will break the stealth.

Animation:
When the ability is triggered, the color of her figure is drained out into three sparkling star-like orbs that orbit her, causing her body to lose opacity and take on the color of whatever is behind it. One orb is a pulsing reddish purple, another a sparkly golden yellow, and the last a deep indigo. Upon the effect ending, the orbs are pulled back and the color splashes over her. All this is invisible to enemy units.
Very nice support touch with a very interesting animation. Useful, simple and not game breaking. There isn't a whole lot you can do in 1.5 seconds but it crazily enough can make all the difference in some situations. I like it.

Quote:
First Ability - Flashblind

Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing magic damage. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers quickly.

Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing 55/110/165/220/275 (+0.6) magic damage. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers over 1 second.

Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Range: 725 units
AoE Radius: 80/85/90/95/100 units

Animation:
- For allies and enemies not hit by the blast: A circle of while light suddenly expanding from a point, totally opaque at the center, becoming less opaque and gaining a yellowish hue near the edges. Effectively instantaneous, fades out 0.15 seconds after the cast. No projectile or delay.
- For enemies hit by the blast: The screen goes white for a frame, then black for frame, then shows their character surrounded by the fog war. Over the course of 1 second, their vision radius expands from 0 to full, slowly at first, but picking up rapidly, gaining the outer half of their vision radius in the last .25 seconds of the effect.

Notes on Flashblind
- Enemy units can still cast skillshots or location targeting abilities in places they have no vision of.
- The enemy minimap will not display any information they cannot see by themselves.
- If an affected enemy has a revealing effect (Lee Sin, Lux) that they use while they are affected by vision reduction, it will not give them vision outside of the area.
- If an affected enemy has a controllable pet (Annie, Shaco) they will not be able to see it through the fog of war, however, they can still hold [alt] and right click to make it move to a location.
A very nice support skill using a CC that has only been used once before that is surprisingly VERY effective. I like everything about this skill except for the aoe radius 85-100 is depressingly small, and I'd make it 100 units flat imo. I can't think of an spell in LoL that grows in radius, most if not all are a static size. Really good support spell non the less. Unique and useful at the same time.

Quote:
Second Ability - Fleeting Distraction

Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that charms enemy champions.

Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that lasts 1.5 seconds. Enemy champions that get close to the light are charmed, causing them to walk towards the light at a reduced speed for the duration of the effect.

Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
Initial Location Range: 600/650/700/750/800 units
Vector Distance: 400/425/450/475/500 units
Cone Angle: 20 degrees
Charm Range: 100

An explanation of the targeting system used by Fleeting Distraction:
Fleeting Distraction uses a Vector skillshot targeting similar to Viktor's Death Ray, but in a cone. The sparkle squiggles back and forth inside the imaginary 20 degree cone, reaching the end of the cone after 1.5 seconds. Enemies that get within 100 units of the sparkle are charmed.

Animation:
A sparkling blur of pink, purple, and indigo light, the projectile releases sparks of light in the surrounding air as it travels. Charmed units have hearts floating over their heads.

Notes on Fleeting Distraction:
- Charmed units have their move speed reduced by 150.
- Tenacity will allow the charm to be broken early.
- Can be cast in any direction for a pull, knockback, or push sideways effect.
- The charm will end when the spark disappears, it is not always for 1.5 seconds.
I love this ability. All in all it's basically a min aoe stun but it's got a nice feel to it. And I've always been a fan of the rumble ult/viktor beam targetting system which I feel is almost underused. Again with the weird extension of range. Spells don't normally gain targeting range with level but who's to say you aren't the first. Still I'd think about it. Very nice and useful.

Quote:
Third Ability - Glammerveil

Mirrei folds the light around an allied champion, distorting their image and causing enemy autoattacks and targeted spells to miss them. They ignore unit collision during this time.

Mirrei folds the light around an allied, distorting their image for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. Enemy autoattacks and targeted spells will miss them, and they ignore unit collision.

Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15 seconds
Range: 500 units

Animation:
- To Enemies: The targeted ally is not visible, but a distorted image of the target appears and remains within a 100 unit radius area of their true location. This image can be targeted, targeting it will show what buffs and effects are on the ally and how much health they are at (this is also displayed over the image's head, as usual). The image will go through the attacking animations, casting animations, walking animations, etc. that the target is currently doing, but it will be slightly stretched or distorted, and it may glide right while appearing to walk left. If the target uses an ability with a projectile, the projectile will appear at it's distorted position and proportions relative to its real location until it leaves the 100 unit radius area, at which point the image will shift to it's true location. If the image is attacked, it will disappear and reappear at a different location, and the word "Miss" will rise up in little while letters.
- To Allies: Similar effect, except that the target is still visible and targetable, though less opaque than usual.
Notes on Glammerveil:
- AoE effects and skillshots can still hit the target, however they may be hard to land, since the target's exact location is unknown.
- If the target uses an ability with lower than 100 range, it will appear distorted, however, it will deal damage from its real location.
- If a powerballing Rammus is effected, he cannot collide for the duration of the effect. Same goes for any other effects where unit collision matters.
So at first I sorta saw Kayle's ultimate but you can still be hit by aoe abilities and skill shots. Seems fair and is even more humbling when you look at the duration timer. Sure you don't want this to be a long lasting spell cause it's very powerful but how much immunity can you take advantage of in 1 second. You'd have to be a pro to help your ally dodge any amount of significant damage. I'd personally do something like this. Make the skill last like 6 seconds, but give it a charge system that ranks 2/3/4/5/6 or something like that, and make it so every time the spell negates damage the ally looses a charge. That's just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Quote:
Ultimate Ability - Grasp of Phantasms
Quote:

Mirrei draws terrifying illusions in the air, fearing enemy units and dealing magic damage.

Mirrei draws terrifying images at a target location. Enemies caught in the image take 165/330/495 (+1.0) magic damage and are feared for 2.5 seconds, while enemies in the surrounding area take 50% reduced magic damage and flee from the image for 1 second.

Cost: 100/150/200 mana
Cooldown: 90/80/70 seconds
Location Range: 800 units
Fear AoE radius: 100
Flee AoE radius: 250

Animation
Mirrei draws a terrifying demon using the light of surrounding area, the removal of all this light causes a shadow to be cast in the 250 unit radius AoE. Enemies in the shadow run away from the demon, while enemies directly underneath its location are feared, with white lines behind them and the little feared symbol over their head. The demon disappears in a puff of black mist a second after being drawn, though the fear continues.
Notes on Grasp of Phantasms
If a wall is in a fleeing unit's path, it will go in the direction that takes it farthest away from the demon.
The fear/flee takes priority over the charm from Fleeting Distraction.
Feared/Fleeing units have their move speed reduced by 100.
This ultimate screams support champion ultimate. Aoe CC with a little magic damage thrown in. I have no complaints about this skill. It's simple but it gets the job done. Good work.

Quote:
Quotes:

Upon Selection:
"I am like, so excited!"

Attacking:
"Did you see that!?"
"OMG!"
(whispered) "They think it's real" Giggles.
"Made you look!"

Moving:
"Seriously?"
"You believed that?" Giggles
"Silly...."
"It's not all smoke and mirrors"
"Don't I look fabulous!?"

Joke:
"And he was like, (imitating Talon's voice) there's nowhere to hide, and I was like, then where am I?"
"Does this skin make me look fat?" (Her image blurs, pauses a second, then sharpens) "Fixed it"

Taunt:
"You guys, like, really need to stop chasing the sparkles. Seriously."
[/quote]

I usually don't comment on things like quotes, but these were particularly awesome and well done. I give you +3 for these.

OVERALL: Very nice. You set out to make a support champion, and I can confidently tell you that you accomplished your goal. Makes me feel like I just read about Lux's evil twin sister and I'd happily give this champion a shot. I threw in some concerns about numbers but the skill set itself was well thought out and very viable. So again, good job ^,^

Thanks for using "Deeplight's Review Board" If you'd like to get another review please wait for the next round. This champion was in round: 1.

If you'd like to learn more about me or check out my list of champion please click here. I enjoy some feed back on my ideas as well.

I hope you enjoyed.

-deep

Petyr Baelish

07-19-2012

What's with the range increase with rank?

Well, Fleeting Distraction in specific has no obvious bonus for leveling it early. The duration is always 1.5 seconds, and it deals no damage. To make it worth leveling, the cooldown goes down, the range increases, and the mana cost stays the same.

Flashblind is a different story. It is an instant cast AoE without a projectile or a delay, and is therefor at least as easy to cast as a single target spell. Simply put your mouse over them and click, no targeted spell is easier than that. At low levels, a support wants to be able to harass without killing minions, and therefor the AoE radius is small. As you rank it, it becomes easier and easier to hit multiple targets, and gives you a farming ability to boot.

Deeplight

07-20-2012

Quote:
What's with the range increase with rank?

Well, Fleeting Distraction in specific has no obvious bonus for leveling it early. The duration is always 1.5 seconds, and it deals no damage. To make it worth leveling, the cooldown goes down, the range increases, and the mana cost stays the same.

Flashblind is a different story. It is an instant cast AoE without a projectile or a delay, and is therefor at least as easy to cast as a single target spell. Simply put your mouse over them and click, no targeted spell is easier than that. At low levels, a support wants to be able to harass without killing minions, and therefor the AoE radius is small. As you rank it, it becomes easier and easier to hit multiple targets, and gives you a farming ability to boot.
I actually don't have any issues on the increasing of range besides that fact that Riot has never done it before. Some suggested changes for Fleeting Distraction would be either decreasing the cooldown further, or making the enemy champions fun faster in the direction you want.

It's actually one of my favorite support abilties that I've seen. Pull enemies back into nunu's ulti, any aoe, escape tool, pull tool etc. Very nice.

Petyr Baelish

07-20-2012

Thanks Deeplight!

Actually, there are a number of abilities with ranges that scale with rank, including Talon's blades, Caitlin's ult, and Kog'maw's Bio-Arcane Barrage.

DarkusMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

i like the idea bro but way to much CC

Yahtz

07-24-2012

Passive:

- Go back and fix the description it feels like you stopped typing mid description “…an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed…”
- I think you’re putting a bit too much into this, yes it is interesting that if she tries to use her passive in the brush that is warded that she’ll “THINK” she’s invisible, but really isn’t. I feel this whole mechanic is unnecessary and makes it so Mirrei players wouldn't want to rely on their passive. (you have one of their own abilities potentially lying to you.)
- You can have it so that if she leaves the brush and there was no VISIBLE enemy units her passive kicks in or
- Her passive WONT work if there is an invisible unit in that brush. Granted her passive just told her that there's a ward in the brush.
- A cooldown would be useful, could see her brush juking for permanent stealth in a view areas.

Q:

- Damage is alright, although it does have a very high growth factor
- AoE is a bit small
- Is there a delay or missile (like Graves / Lux) to go with this spell or is it instant (Like Morganna)?

W:

- Alright, nothing really to say. Perhaps add a damage component. (There is no true “CC” spell in league that only CC’s without doing something else [I suppose Lulu’s polymorph is an exception, but it is also gives a haste and AP if cast on allies =/])

E:

- Again, another spell I feel you might have put too much thought in. I believe Riot has a strong thing against tampering your allies gameplay (why there isn’t a Throw, why you can’t grab allies, etc.) and I feel being able to tell your teammates “NOPE you can’t do that” (like your Rammus comment) could make her a good griefer.
- I feel you just need the whole untargetable during the duration would be fine; the blurry image concept is nice, but not really needed and could clear up the issues of her screwing over her team.
- I also feel like that entire anti-collision spells during the effects of your E is a bit unneeded, on the top of my head the only collision based spell I can think of is Rammus.

R:

- Fear needs a duration reduction
- Damage needs to be lowered

General:

- She’s interesting and falls somewhere near a caster I’ve been drawing up, however her downfall is she only has two spells that can damage with one being an ultimate. By changing one W to add a damage component and perhaps allow E to be cast on enemies for a different function I could see her working.

Petyr Baelish

07-24-2012

I put a lot of possible scenarios into the notes to avoid confusion, most of this just explains how things normally work in the game. Stealthed units ignore unit collision, therefore a stealthed Rammus will not collide. It wouldn't say this in the ability tab or on the champion page, though the developers might note it, no one is going to pick Mirrei to grief their Rammus.

When a stealthed Shaco is in a Vision Warded bush, his ability is lying to him. When a Teemo goes invisible near a ward, his ability is lying to him. We are not going to tell people where enemy wards are, the ability functions as the player would expect.

Zilean only has one damage ability. Shen only has one damage ability. Mirrei has 2. Problem?

AoE Vector Cone targeting is complicated enough, and strong enough, to make an ability.

The fear seems strong, but I don't want it to be totally outclassed by Fiddlesticks' 3 second non-ultimate fear.

killertomato9

07-26-2012

Base Stats: I think these base stats are reasonable, although she may be a little squishy. You probably realize this but I figured I should point it out just in case.

Passive Illusionist's Guile: I really like this passive, that's really all I can say about it.

Q Flashbind: This does a lot of damage, but because only this and your ultimate do damage I think it is fine.

W Fleeting Distraction: I like this ability and it's a good idea to increase the range for the reasons you said.

E Glammerveil: I think this is a good move, although it may be too op. It is hard to tell though without actually playing against the champion, just keep it in mind.

R Grasp of Phantasms: Not as much damage as other ultimates, but the fear makes up for that.

Overall a good champion that I would probably play. (could you review my champion? Stratus, the Lord of the Sky http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post27395325)

Petyr Baelish

07-27-2012

I am thinking to add a hit count limit to Glammerveil to make it easier to balance. Whadda y'all think?