Mirrei, the Lightweaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

06-30-2012

*I hereby give Riot Games full legal permission to use the following champion concept or any parts of the aforementioned concept for their own profit, and allow them to take full credit for my ideas.

Mirrei, the Lightweaver

Quote:
Tags: Support, Stealth, Ranged
Mirrei is a support mage champion who uses illusion to confuse her enemies and conceal her allies.

Quote:
Ability Overview

Passive - Illusionist's Guile
Upon exiting a bush no enemy units were in, or upon an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds. Dealing damage or using an ability will break the stealth.

First Ability - Flashblind
Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area. Enemy champions hit by the blast take magic damage and have greatly reduced vision that recovers quickly.

Second Ability - Fleeting Distraction
Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that charms enemy champions.

Third Ability - Glammerveil
Mirrei folds the light around an allied champion, distorting their image and causing enemy autoattacks and targeted spells to miss them. They ignore unit collision during this time.

Ultimate Ability - Grasp of Phantasms
Mirrei draws terrifying illusions around an enemy champion, fearing them and dealing magic damage.
Scroll down for a more detailed description of each ability, including number values. But first, appearance and lore.

Quote:
Appearance

Mirrei is young, about 16, and small for a human, with tanned skin and sparkling golden eyes. Her hair is golden-blonde with a stripe of color on one side. While the stripe is initially black, it changes slowly and subtly over the course of the game, going to a deep blue around 10 minutes in, then a rich purple by 30 minutes in. After 50 minutes, it is a bright shade of neon pink. Her body is lithe, her breasts are C cup, and she wears tight white clothes that leave most of her skin uncovered. Her face is pretty in a extreme way, with high, precise eyebrows, long eyelashes, and sparkly makeup that matches the stripe in her hair. All her features are pronounced, almost like a drawing. This is done by putting a thin black outline around the curves of her body and face.

For her auto attack, Mirrei claps her hands, and a flash of white light blasts the target instantly. Although there is no projectile, she is still revealed. On a critical strike, there is an explosion of glittering sparkles around the target. She walks lightly but confidently, and above 400 move speed goes into a smooth run.

Upon death, Mirrei falls over backwards. As she hits the ground, there is a flash of white light around her body. After the flash, her skin is more pale, her makeup and the stripe in her hair are gone, and she is plump, though not overweight. Her clothes are not as revealing and her face is more normal. When she respawns, she blurs her image for a second, and when she comes back into focus she looks like she normally does.

Lore

Growing up in the aristocracy of old Noxus, Mirrei lived in a world of glamor and lies. As a young girl, she had everything she needed, and was taught how to watch and listen, keep secrets and tell lies. Although a tutor once taught her subtle illusions, she found that her voice and personality was the most effective tool in manipulating the people around her. Through eavesdropping, she learned that her father was a leading member of The Black Rose, a secret society of mages who used shadow and flame to control the throne of Noxus. Against his advice, she rejected studies of magic and instead focused on diplomacy. She mastered the art of persuading others, and used it to get attention and gifts.

When General Du Couteau overthrew the aristocracy and instituted military rule of Noxus, Mirrei found her world crumbling around her. She was thrown out into the streets of Noxus, with nothing more than the clothes on her back. Young and alone, she taught herself to steal, though she was too proud to beg. In the Noxian undercity, her natural charisma and persuasive personality helped her make friends and get out of bad situations. She discovered that illusions allowed her to rob people blind in front of their faces, and she quickly mastered the subtle illusions she knew. Improvising on the little she knew, she discovered she could change her own appearance, or create distracting lights to grab people's attention. Her natural talent in illusion, combined with determination and ambition, quickly brought her to the level of a master illusionist and beyond. She realized that material wealth was not enough of a challenge for her, that she wanted power and fame. While in the process of undermining the current Noxian government, she was met by the scouts of the League, who asked her to join and fight for summoners. Seeing a rare opportunity, she accepted, on the condition that she be allowed to maintain her life outside the league as well. Although illusion pairs well with a skill in weapons or more physically relevant magics on the Fields of Justice, Mirrei chose never to kill with force. Instead she strove to make the manipulation of light an effective tool on its own.
Quote:
Attack Damage: 51+3/level (105 at level 18)
Attack Range: 525
Health: 365+70/level (1625 at level 18)
Health Regen/5 secs: 4.5+0.5/level (13.5 at level 18)
Mana: 300+60/level (1380 at level 18)
Mana Regen/5 secs: 7+0.7/level (19.6 at level 18)
Move Speed: 315
Armor: 7+4/level (79 at level 18)
Magic Resist: 30
Average stats for a Support champ. Relatively squishy, with a good auto attack range and average caster damage.

Quote:

Upon exiting a bush no enemy units were in, or upon an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds. Dealing damage or using an ability will break the stealth. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.

Animation:
When the ability is triggered, the color of her figure is drained out into three sparkling star-like orbs that orbit her, causing her body to lose opacity and take on the color of whatever is behind it. One orb is a pulsing reddish purple, another a sparkly golden yellow, and the last a deep indigo. Upon the effect ending, the orbs are pulled back and the color splashes over her. All this is invisible to enemy units.
Notes on Illusionist's Guile:
- Oracles, Vision Wards, Lee Sin Q's, TF ults, and other stealth-detecting effects will allow her to be seen and targeted during the stealth.
- AOE effects, skillshots, and other nontargeted abilities can still damage her while stealthed.
- If a stealthed enemy unit (including wards) is in the bush at the time Mirrei exits the bush, she will still get an icon saying she is stealthed, however, the enemy team will have vision of her. If she exits the vision radius of all enemy units and effects, she will be stealthed for the remainder of the effect.
- If a sight ward is dropped in a bush Mirrei is in, she will stealth for 1.5 seconds, and get an icon saying so.
- If a stealthed unit enters the bush while Mirrei is in it, she will be stealthed for 1.5 seconds, and get an icon saying so.
- If Mirrei used a spell or attacked while in the bush, and is visible to enemy units because of this, exiting the bush will not stealth her.
- The timer icon for the stealth is called "Unseen" on mouse over. The image is the same as the spell icon for the passive.
- The cooldown begins when the ability activates, not when the effect ends.

Quote:
Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing magic damage. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers quickly.

Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing 55/110/165/220/275 (+0.6) magic damage. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers over 1 second.

Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Range: 725 units
AoE Radius: 80/90/100/110/120 units

Animation:
- For allies and enemies not hit by the blast: A circle of while light suddenly expanding from a point, totally opaque at the center, becoming less opaque and gaining a yellowish hue near the edges. Effectively instantaneous, fades out 0.15 seconds after the cast. No projectile or delay.
- For enemies hit by the blast: The screen goes white for a frame, then black for frame, then shows their character surrounded by the fog war. Over the course of 1 second, their vision radius expands from 0 to full, slowly at first, but picking up rapidly, gaining the outer half of their vision radius in the last .25 seconds of the effect.
Notes on Flashblind
- Enemy units can still cast skillshots or location targeting abilities in places they have no vision of.
- The enemy minimap will not display any information they cannot see by themselves.
- If an affected enemy has a revealing effect (Lee Sin, Lux) that they use while they are affected by vision reduction, it will not give them vision outside of the area.
- If an affected enemy has a controllable pet (Annie, Shaco) they will not be able to see it through the fog of war, however, they can still hold [alt] and right click to make it move to a location.

Quote:

Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that lasts 1.5 seconds. Enemy champions that get close to the light are charmed, causing them to walk towards the light at a reduced speed for the duration of the effect.

Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
Initial Location Range: 600 units
Vector Distance: 400/450/500/550/600 units
Vector Width: 70/90/110/130/150

An explanation of the targeting system used by Fleeting Distraction:
Fleeting Distraction uses a Vector skillshot targeting similar to Viktor's Death Ray. The sparkle squiggles back and forth within the vector width, reaching the end of the vector distance after 1.5 seconds. Enemies that get very close (50 units) to the sparkle are charmed.

Animation:
A sparkling blur of pink, purple, and indigo light, the projectile releases sparks of light in the surrounding air as it travels. Charmed units have hearts floating over their heads.
Notes on Fleeting Distraction:
- Charmed units have their move speed reduced by 150.
- Tenacity will allow the charm to be broken early.
- Can be cast in any direction for a pull, knockback, or push sideways effect.
- The charm will end when the spark disappears, it is not always for 1.5 seconds.
- As there is no scaling duration or damage, the range is increased with ranks to make the ability worth leveling.

Quote:
Mirrei folds the light around an allied champion, distorting their image and causing enemy autoattacks and targeted spells to miss them. They ignore unit collision during this time.

Mirrei folds the light around an allied, distorting their image for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. Enemy autoattacks and targeted spells will miss them, and they ignore unit collision.

Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15 seconds
Range: 500 units

Animation:
- To Enemies: The targeted ally is not visible, but a distorted image of the target appears and remains within a 100 unit radius area of their true location. This image can be targeted, targeting it will show what buffs and effects are on the ally and how much health they are at (this is also displayed over the image's head, as usual). The image will go through the attacking animations, casting animations, walking animations, etc. that the target is currently doing, but it will be slightly stretched or distorted, and it may glide right while appearing to walk left. If the target uses an ability with a projectile, the projectile will appear at it's distorted position and proportions relative to its real location until it leaves the 100 unit radius area, at which point the image will shift to it's true location. If the image is attacked, it will disappear and reappear at a different location, and the word "Miss" will rise up in little while letters.
- To Allies: Similar effect, except that the target is still visible and targetable, though less opaque than usual.
Notes on Glammerveil:
- AoE effects and skillshots can still hit the target, however they may be hard to land, since the target's exact location is unknown.
- If the target uses an ability with lower than 100 range, it will appear distorted, however, it will deal damage from its real location.
- If a powerballing Rammus is effected, he cannot collide for the duration of the effect. Same goes for any other effects where unit collision matters.

Quote:
Mirrei draws terrifying illusions in the air, fearing enemy units and dealing magic damage.

Mirrei draws terrifying images at a target location. Enemies caught in the image take 165/330/495 (+1.0) magic damage and are feared for 2 seconds, while enemies in the surrounding area take 50% reduced magic damage and flee from the image for 1 second.

Cost: 100/150/200 mana
Cooldown: 130/110/90 seconds
Location Range: 800 units
Fear AoE radius: 100
Flee AoE radius: 250

Animation
Mirrei draws a terrifying demon using the light of surrounding area, the removal of all this light causes a shadow to be cast in the 250 unit radius AoE. Enemies in the shadow run away from the demon, while enemies directly underneath its location are feared, with white lines behind them and the little feared symbol over their head. The demon disappears in a puff of black mist a second after being drawn, though the fear continues.
Notes on Grasp of Phantasms
If a wall is in a fleeing unit's path, it will go in the direction that takes it farthest away from the demon.
The fear/flee takes priority over the charm from Fleeting Distraction.
Feared/Fleeing units have their move speed reduced by 100.

Quotes:

Upon Selection:
"I am like, so excited!"

Attacking:
"Did you see that!?"
"OMG!"
(whispered) "They think it's real" Giggles.
"Made you look!"

Moving:
"Seriously?"
"You believed that?" Giggles
"Silly...."
"It's not all smoke and mirrors"
"Don't I look fabulous!?"

Joke:
"And he was like, (imitating Talon's voice) "There's nowhere to hide", and I was like, then where am I?"
"Does this skin make me look fat?" (Her image blurs, pauses a second, then sharpens) "Fixed it"

Taunt:
"You guys, like, really need to stop chasing the sparkles. Seriously."

KSHarrison

07-01-2012

Hey man as per this thread, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post26376493, I am reviewing your champ!

Passive - I really like the limited stealth involved in this passive. It adds another dimension to warding in bot lane, and I am all for creating diversity and tactical options. It's really hard for me to judge in terms of balance because the possibilities for this ability are quite large. I imagine it will make landing a charm quite easy, if the opponent fails to ward properly.

Q - Standard nuke with some CC attached to it. More on my opinion of this later.

W - Really awesome idea with directional CC. I really like that idea.

E - Interesting protection ability. I am not sure if I like it, though. It seems like semi-invulnerability for up to 2 seconds at rank 5. I mean, you can't expect too much damage to come from AoE from other champs.

R - Huge initiation and teamfight control. I don't like the fear duration.

Thoughts on champion - I'm a huge fan of a lot of the innovating ideas you've come up with, such as the stealth on the passive, the directional moving CC, and I liked the idea behind the distortion. One thing I noticed is that this champ has 3 hard CCs in its kit and a mini invulnerable with distortion. There are VERY few, if any, champs with 3 sources of hard CC in their kits, and to put on a mini-invulnerable on top of that is insane. This champ can single handedly protect a Kog'Maw against an enemy team. I think you should pick 2 of the CCs to keep, and find some ideas for the rest.

I am aware you might be thinking that this champ deals no damage, so the utility is fair. That's kind of the mindset behind Nautilus, though, and he is already, in my opinion, borderline OP. He features 1 AoE hard CC, a melee hard CC, and 1 single target line repositioning CC, and 1 PBAoE soft CC. He currently has the most CC in the game, but I think this champ would beat him out with 2 AoE hard CCs at 800/900 range, 1 AoE repositioning CC at 950 range and a targeted mini-invulnerability. Putting all of this on a support, who doesn't need items anyways (even Nautilus needs tanky items or he melts), and you get a lot of bang for your buck by putting Mirrei in as support. Even on her own she's efficient, but as dedicated support she's crazy.

Imo, I would switch the mini-invulnerable with some minor debuffs/buffs, or make it so that attacks from the distorted target end the distortion effect. In this manner, the ability becomes a good initiation tool or retreat tool. You could even attach a damage effect or slow that explodes from the target when the distortion ends.

Also, a 3.5 second AoE fear is a little too much. That's the longest AoE CC in the game. Even Leona's ult or Morgana's ult (which can be broken) are capped at 1.5 and 2 seconds, respectively. You mention a channeling aspect to the ability but don't list a time on it. Even with a channel time, I think 2 seconds is more appropriate.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of sight reduction on low cooldown ala Graves because it ultimately functions similar to hard CC. I would recommend a slow (or at most a silence) over it, but this is just my preference. You can take it as you see fit.

I really like the idea of directable CC with your charm, so I can only recommend to leave it as is. If I had to pick, I would make the changes to distortion, weaken the ult, and probably change the 1 second sight reduction to either a slow or silence.

I'd also probably lower the ranges on the abilities. Her Q is at 800 range, the W at 950, and the ult at 900. All of Mirrei's offensive abilities interact at 800+ Range. Range really isn't an issue with Mirrei because she outranges every other ability in the game except skill shots. The deal with skill shots is there is some opportunity to dodge them. The deal with AoE skill shots (as opposed to line skill shots) is that AoE skill shots don't have a travel time, which means you have to make some sort of delay in the ability itself, such as Nevermove's delay and Leona's ult delay. With this reasoning, Mirrei's Q needs some delay attached to it, and I would reduce the charm range to 700 tops (matches Viktor's). Vector shots can be placed on top of a target to make them impossible to dodge. At 800 range, you have instant cc that outranges every other opponent's abilities, except Akali's ult. The zone potential is huge. In my opinion, 600 is most appropriate; Viktor's 700 range deals damage, but I find a 1.5 second AoE CC on a support potentially more game changing than raw damage.

I'd also like to know the channel time on the ult. 0.5 seconds might be ok. The nuke damage is so high, though, that maybe you could add some other component to affect it, such as the outside of the ability lasts 0.5 seconds and it scales up to 1 second at the center. The damage is dealt over time in each area, and at the end of the duration the target is feared based on where it is standing. The center radius can be expanded to 200 units. This is just my idea, so I am sure you will have your own thoughts on this.

Good Lore btw. Seems like an interesting past, and it's format is almost as short as the actual lores used. I have no idea how to make such interesting stories fit into so few words

Overall love the concepting behind the champion. Looks like a great rought draft. Some number changes I think are in order, but this is definitely one of my favorite champs I've seen around this board. Props for thoroughness of design (including taunts, detailed ability descriptions, appearance, etc.) +1

Petyr Baelish

07-01-2012

Thanks for the review. I am making some of the changes you recommended, and reviewing Knives.

Slayer Kast

07-03-2012

"She's from Noxus? Ugh, and we have an alliance with them? Can I, like, move to Piltover or something?"

Arafade, be polite.

"Pfffft. You're no fun. You don't deserve to review her, let me do it!"

Well, okay...

- - -

Quote:
Upon exiting a bush no enemy units were in, or upon an enemy unit entering a bush she already is in, Mirrei remains stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds. Dealing damage or using an ability will break the stealth.
"So you shimmer the light around yourself to stay stealthed for up to 1.5 seconds? Not bad I suppose, for a... kid? I'm not even sure.

It almost reminds me of Teemo's stealth, with a similar survivability tactic to that one ska- champion, LeBlanc. Tricky tricky!"

Quote:
Q - Flashblind
Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing 55/110/165/220/275 (+0.6) magic damage and blinding enemy units for 1 second. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers over the duration.

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
AoE Radius: 80/85/90/95/100 units
"Unfortunately for you, I have an eyepiece powered by my Fold, so good luck blinding me~!

In all honesty, though, the damage to begin is underwhelming, while a bit overwhelming in the end. The cooldown plays a major factor in this, as it seem waaaay way way too short. Additionally, your cost is so low! How do you do it? And a growing radius? Though it's really small... that's a bit unforgiving if you miss.

If I were you, and wanted to balance my abilities for some strange reason, I'd up the cooldown and mana cost, but also increase the radius to make it a bit more forgiving. And perhaps balance out the damage to be slightly better at lower ranks, but slightly lower at the higher ranks."

Quote:
W - Fleeting Distraction
Mirrei draws a colorful sparkle of light that lasts 1.5 seconds. Enemy champions that get close to the light are charmed, causing them to walk towards the light at a reduced speed for the duration of the effect.

[B]Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
Initial Location Range: 600/650/700/750/800 units
Vector Distance: 400/425/450/475/500 units
Cone Angle: 20 degrees
Charm Range: 100
"Oh, look, a charm. Not only that, but a multi-target charm! Oh boy.

Although it doesn't do any damage, you could shut down a team fight by just casting it into the middle of them. Your cooldown is, as usual, pretty short compared to the mechanic... and since your range apparently increases per rank, this shouldn't go down any. At least, I think so.

In my opinion, flip-flop the cost and cooldown as far as scaling goes. Give it a flat cooldown and scaling mana cost. Or, simply increase the cooldown by quite a bit. Yeah."

Quote:
E - Glammerveil
Mirrei folds the light around an allied, distorting their image for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. Enemy autoattacks and targeted spells will miss them, and they ignore unit collision.

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds
"So you're basically making an ally untargetable for up to 2 seconds? Dang. I underestimated you.

That cooldown is, like Flashblind, way too short. You're not just shielding them from damage, you're outright preventing them from being hit by ANYTHING. You can't go making your teammate invulnerable to single-target abilities for 2 seconds every 6 seconds! What would Kayle think if she heard about this normal ability that was outclassing her Ultimate?

And preventing collision effects from your allies will probably just hinder them, so you might want to leave that part out.

In short: raise that cooldown, make it more accessible for your teammates. I'm sure that's the key to being a good support! I wouldn't know, though; I'm an assassin~!"

Quote:
R - Grasp of Phantasms
Mirrei draws terrifying images at a target location. Enemies caught in the image take 165/330/495 (+1.0) magic damage and are feared for 2.5 seconds, while enemies in the surrounding area take 50% reduced magic damage and flee from the image for 1 second.

Cooldown: 90/80/70 seconds
Flee AoE radius: 350
"I usually fear nothing. This ult scares me though.

This actually reminds me a lot of Leona's Solar Flare, but with a fear and flee instead of a stun and slow. It does quite a bit more damage though, and has a larger AoE at the cost of a lower cast range.

2.5 seconds... seems like quite a long time to be running in fear unable to do anything; even Leona only can stun/slow them for 1.5 seconds, and stuns and fears have the same properties as far as disabling an enemy goes. Not to mention they flee away from the point if caught in the outside, making it better than Leona's slow.

You'll want to include a movement speed debuff %, since a slow is built into fear/flee mechanics. Otherwise, you'll have people running around randomly at full speed, making them potentially harder to hit accurately!"

- - -

Sorry for Arafade, she's a bit bitter when it comes to being shut down. Assassin and all.

"Come here and I'll show you how it feels to be shut down!"

But yes. All in all, Mirrei is interesting, but could use some work as far as balancing her abilities goes. Sounds like a Noxian Lux who focuses more on the light manipulation for illusions (mentioned in Lux's Judgment) rather than the outright damaging aspect.

Petyr Baelish

07-03-2012

Thanks Slayer Kast

Q: An AoE with no delay and no projectile is as likely to hit a given target as a targeted spell. Simply put your mouse over them and click, if you miss, you would have trouble casting a targeted spell too...
The small radius makes it challenging to hit multiple targets, and the number of targets you can hit easily is increased with ranks. I will adjust the damage as you recommended.

W: This ability has no scaling effect, so in order to give an incentive to rank it up, the cooldown goes down and the cost stays the same. If the cost went up and the cooldown stayed the same, putting points into the ability would actually make it worse.

E: Yes, the cooldown needs to be raised. Ignoring unit collision is generally considered a buff (though it is actually neutral, since enemies can no longer collide with you either). If a team mate wants to collide or bodyblock, don't use it on them.

R: Being that Fiddlesticks fears for 3 seconds with a basic ability, I didn't want to be outclassed. But I will add a slowing part to the effect. The charm should slow too, for that matter...

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Attack Damage: 51+3/level (105 at level 18)
Attack Range: 525
Health: 365+70/level (1625 at level 18)
Health Regen/5 secs: 4.5+0.5/level (13.5 at level 18)
Mana: 300+60/level (1380 at level 18)
Mana Regen/5 secs: 7+0.7/level (19.6 at level 18)
Move Speed: 315
Armor: 7+4/level (79 at level 18)
Magic Resist: 30
Maybe increase the HP/lvl to 75. Anivia currently has the lowest HP at 1610 @ lvl 18, but she also has rebirth to counter that. 75/lvl will give you 1715 at lvl 18

Quote:

Animation:
When the ability is triggered, the color of her figure is drained out into three sparkling star-like orbs that orbit her, causing her body to lose opacity and take on the color of whatever is behind it. One orb is a pulsing reddish purple, another a sparkly golden yellow, and the last a deep indigo. Upon the effect ending, the orbs are pulled back and the color splashes over her. All this is invisible to enemy units.
This is a good ability that doesn't let you stay stealthed and it can be useful with being OP.

Now, before I get into the main abilities, let me already say that I will be ignoring all of CC parts because it is too much. You have 4 abilities and all 4 of them have CC. The Q and E alone make you or your AD carry immune to all autoattacks for up to 3 seconds if timed correctly. Then you use your W to charm them for up to another 1.5 seconds. If you have your ult, you can then fear them for 2.5 seconds. So, you hit level 6. You have 1 rank in Q, 1 in E, 3 in W, and 1 in your ult. That is 1 + 1.5~ + 1.5 + 2.5 = 6.5 seconds of their carry not being able to attack. If you go by just hard CC, that's about 4 seconds of not being able to do anything.

That being said, here goes the rest.

Quote:

Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing magic damage and blinding enemy units for a short amount of time. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers over the duration.

Mirrei draws a bright flash of white light at a targeted area, dealing 55/110/165/220/275 (+0.6) magic damage and blinding enemy units for 1 second. Enemy champions hit by the blast will have greatly reduced vision that recovers over the duration.

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
AoE Radius: 80/85/90/95/100 units

Animation:
- For allies and enemies not hit by the blast: A circle of while light suddenly expanding from a point, totally opaque at the center, becoming less opaque and gaining a yellowish hue near the edges. Effectively instantaneous, fades out 0.15 seconds after the cast. No projectile or delay.
- For enemies hit by the blast: The screen goes white for a frame, then black for frame, then shows their character surrounded by the fog war. Over the course of 1 second, their vision radius expands from 0 to full, slowly at first, but picking up rapidly, gaining the outer half of their vision radius in the last .25 seconds of the effect.
The mana costs are too low for an ability that does this much damage. It should cost 70/80/90/100/110.

Quote:

[B]Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
Initial Location Range: 600/650/700/750/800 units
Vector Distance: 400/425/450/475/500 units
Cone Angle: 20 degrees
Charm Range: 100

An explanation of the targeting system used by Fleeting Distraction:
Fleeting Distraction uses a Vector skillshot targeting similar to Viktor's Death Ray, but in a cone. The sparkle squiggles back and forth inside the imaginary 25 degree cone, reaching the end of the cone after 1.5 seconds. Enemies that get within 100 units of the sparkle are charmed.

Animation:
A sparkling blur of pink, purple, and indigo light, the projectile releases sparks of light in the surrounding air as it travels. Charmed units have hearts floating over their heads.
The mana cost for this also needs to be changed. I would recommend 75/85/95/105/115 with a flat range of 650 and the vector range at 450. Have it deal some damage for the effect to counter the range nerf. Say, 60/85/110/135/160 + (.4 AP)

Quote:

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds

Animation:
- To Enemies: The targeted ally is not visible, but a distorted image of the target appears and remains within a 100 unit radius area of their true location. This image can be targeted, targeting it will show what buffs and effects are on the ally and how much health they are at (this is also displayed over the image's head, as usual). The image will go through the attacking animations, casting animations, walking animations, etc. that the target is currently doing, but it will be slightly stretched or distorted, and it may glide right while appearing to walk left. If the target uses an ability with a projectile, the projectile will appear at it's distorted position and proportions relative to its real location until it leaves the 100 unit radius area, at which point the image will shift to it's true location. If the image is attacked, it will disappear and reappear at a different location, and the word "Miss" will rise up in little while letters.
- To Allies: Similar effect, except that the target is still visible and targetable, though less opaque than usual.
This could be a good ability, but when in conjunction with the other abilities, it is out of place due to the effects of CC.

Quote:

Mirrei draws terrifying illusions in the air, fearing enemy units and dealing magic damage.

Mirrei draws terrifying images at a target location. Enemies caught in the image take 165/330/495 (+1.0) magic damage and are feared for 2.5 seconds, while enemies in the surrounding area take 50% reduced magic damage and flee from the image for 1 second.

Cooldown: 90/80/70 seconds
Flee AoE radius: 350

Animation
Mirrei draws a terrifying demon using the light of surrounding area, the removal of all this light causes a shadow to be cast in the 350 unit radius AoE. Enemies in the shadow run away from the demon, while enemies directly underneath its location are feared, with white lines behind them and the little feared symbol over their head. The demon disappears in a puff of black mist a second after being drawn, though the fear continues.
The base damage for this is good as is the ratio for it. Maybe increase the AoE to 325 for full damage and 450 for half damage.

The champion is overall a decent champion, but the CC on the abilities needs to be reworked/removed.

Thanks,
Jenkin

DJDragone

07-14-2012

I will review you champion soon. i just wanted to read the Lore and what the abilities did. I will do the number crunching later way too busy now. Just don't want you to feel like i didn't read your post on my thread. I love this champion by the way. Are you writer? You really should think about it. You are phenomenal.

Petyr Baelish

07-15-2012

Thanks Dragonsear

I'm not a writer, but I like writing. That lore isn't even especially good, but it's nice of you to say so. I could work on lore for Rex if you want.

Petyr Baelish

07-15-2012

Greatly increased her mana dependency, increased some cooldowns.

Rolepgeek

07-16-2012

I don't usually give a real formal review of everything, but out of respect for someone who also takes this at least moderately seriously(how serious can you really be with something like this and still have fun, eh?), I'm gonna try.

Base Stats

Low health for a caster, nice high mana. Moderate to low attack damage, depending on how you look at it. But then, I see the armor, and the magic resist, and I go holy ****! That's a ton of armor per level for a caster! And no magic resist per level? Well I suppose they balance each other out, but, at least in my view, it's a bit strange. But it could be what your were aiming for, how would I know?

Edit: Bleh, just looked at the normal champ stats, about normal armor and magic resist. Sorry.

I like it, good for the character concept. It would make her an effective assassin. Or allow her to get away, if used correctly.

Q Ability - Flashblind

That is a lot of damage. More than Ryze does with Overload, not counting the mana bonus. With a blind effect too? Well, I guess it's about equal to Overload counting the Ryze bonus(especially with the longer cooldown), and the blind effect goes well with the illusionist idea.

W Ability - Fleeting Distraction

So before I say anything else...is it 20 degrees or 25 degrees? Because you say one in the stats for it, and the other in the description. If it's able to be cast in any direction, and at range, does the vector go in any direction? If so, does that mean to use it you have to click twice(One for base, second for direction)? Does it affect minions? Just raises a lot of questions is all. Plus, this makes me think of her as more of an enchantress than illusionist, but still a nice concept. Good so far.

E Ability - Glammerveil

This one I really like. Powerful defense ability for allies(or herself, I assume), and most AoE will still hit the target in some way, though skillshots will be less useful. The cooldown is a bit low, could be higher, but still good. Really, the only thing I would suggest is switching this ability with Fleeting Distraction, at least for which button you hit. W abilities are typically defense or buff. If the time it lasted scaled with ability power(very low, maybe 1% of ability power), it would be very useful as a support build.

R Ability - Grasp of Phantasms

Very unique. I think. Massive AoE damage, though somewhat typical for an ultimate. Again, fits well with the concept, but I would think Fleeing enemies would have greater movement speed. As well, does it affect mindless minions? Though I suppose most Feared minions would take a lot of damage, possibly enough to kill them.

Summary

First off, I'm new at reviewing, and making champions. So I may not be the best judge, because for numbers I'm just going by estimate. However, I would say she is an extremely good CC, though it's somewhat muted by the low, low health, and limited use otherwise.

Good lore and appearance descriptions, by the way.