Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wards and Support question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyrfrykte

06-30-2012

Here's the situation I've been encountering:
So I was playing an unranked normal PvP game (normals r srs bsns ಠ_&#3232 as 0 CS Lulu, warding the bushes/river/dragon on bot lane. It didn't take long for our outter turrets to go down (Our 600 ping top lane Nocturn was feeding their Darius like crazy - he ended up going 3/13), afterwhich my team tells me I need to buy more wards and ward top, mid, red/blue, river, dragon, and jungle entrences because supports and tanks are the only ones who should be spending gold on wards.

When I play support, should I expect other players to buy wards and just ward my lane & whatever else I can afford without affecting my build, or do I need to go out of my way to ward everything so that carries can complete their builds as fast as possible?

DeadshotCalamity

06-30-2012

Everyone other than the AD carry should be buying wards and warding their own lanes/jungles. The reason that the AD shouldn't is because you, the support, should be warding for him as he farms.

Shizmoo

06-30-2012

At the start of the game you should just be warding bot and dragon. The mid and top lanes are responsible for warding their own areas.
In the mid/late a philo stone + HoG typically gives me enough for a steady supply of wards, but in a perfect world the support isn't the ONLY one footing the bill for them. Even carries buying a single ward or two is extremely helpful for the support.

Linquisitor

06-30-2012

Tip from a support player. If you are top lane or mid and complaining about lack of wards. Buy some. Support often takes on the high risk of an oracles and picks up pink wards, and general map awareness wards. If I've roamed to another lane for a fight or to cover, I'll drop a ward. Or if I do a river run with an oracles I might drop a ward.

Otherwise, I'm protecting my lane from ganks as best I can.

But if you're mid and complain about nobody warding the bush above or below you. Its your probably not the supports.

Colors

06-30-2012

Yeah I love playing support and hearing this line every 2 minutes from every player on the team

"We need wards" "We have no wards" "We need to ward baron"

Yeah... TRY BUYING ONE THEN *******. ^.^

Myridus

06-30-2012

Should the solos buy their own wards every time they shop? of course
Should you expect the solos to buy wards? no not really.

Most solos have this self entitlement issue that makes them think they're exempt from buying wards because they are a "carry" and you are the support. They are usually far too greedy to buy 1-2 wards every trip since it costs them a whopping 3-6 minions to do so (this is more common for lower ELOs).

This in turn makes the game harder because if for instance your mid(blue side) refuses to ward the enemy's wraiths, that opens up your top lane to ganks through river by the enemy jungler. Not having the proper 4-ward coverage over the map opens your team up to ganks and will lose you the game vs competent players. While playing jungler, I always watch the Tab screen when the solos come back. If I see no ward, I'm heading right there.

Your job is to keep bot/dragon area warded, but if you have extra wards and you feel your mid needs to get babysat then go give him a ward. I do this if I noticed I'm playing with idiots who don't buy wards.