Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RANDOM BANS for RANKED!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RIQT POINTS

06-30-2012

During the game, it just struck me, why always the usual champs are always banned like
morgana/shen/shaco and etc.

Although in good hands, they are seemingly hard to handle, but they are far from OP AND
if left alone YOUR team could have morgana or shaco or shen.

Since you take turns choosing champs anyway.

The thing is, i thing it is far more interesting to have like like 8 bans but random, i think it spices up the game a lot then.

What do you guys think?

Kitty Meow Heart

06-30-2012

agreed but 8 bans seems like a lot tht can block out almost everyones best champs which also would ruin it

kStiyl

06-30-2012

1. 8 is too much imo. imagine all jungler / support being banned?

2. one team may not get any of their mains banned, the other team may have all their mains banned
in lower elo, where people dont have good experience will all champions, this might be problematic

you say they are seemingly hard to handle, but far from op
so I'm assuming they're not banned in high elo where people know how to deal with them
- so maybe you should get to high elo? let 4 other people face it easy?

Turtle Omega

06-30-2012

Quote:
kStiyl:

2. one team may not get any of their mains banned, the other team may have all their mains banned
in lower elo, where people dont have good experience will all champions, this might be problematic

#2 strikes up a point that just completely refutes this idea, as fun as it may sound.

Atheau

06-30-2012

Quote:
kStiyl:

You make it sound like solo queue isn't basically luck of the draw as it is anyway.

Might as well add a real element of luck to everything.

Skreshavik

06-30-2012

• Because Morgana is impossible to counter and will waddle into your team with a 9000+ black shield and ace you guys with her ult
  • Because Shen can ult at level 2 and taunt you for five hours while never being gankable in the history of ever.
  • Shaco can Deceive across the map even though the entire jungle is warded and one-shot anything anywhere.
  • Kassadin is just bad.

Obviously sarcasm on all points, but that's the reasoning behind those bans. Rammus recently fell off because people finally understand he has one the worst clearing times in the jungle and dies horribly to counter-jungles early on. I've never seen random bans except for smurf duos.

2 extra bans would just mean Darius and Amumu/Rammus would become banned again. Forever.

Turtle Omega

06-30-2012

solo queue isnt luck

SasakitheCouncil

06-30-2012

More random in ranked is not a good idea.

kStiyl

06-30-2012

i think its already random enough ~.~

Tellua

06-30-2012

Morgana is so ****** friendly even people in my elo will succeed with her, so I ban her.

Shen I ban because he's ridiculous. Then I just ban shaco/kass so my team doesn't complain.