Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I got sexually harassed for over half an hour.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llDeathCowll

06-30-2012

Quote:
FranPanginoon:
I was playing Shyvana, as usual, but in the champion select. it was obvious these guys were premade. They kept calling me dude so i made the comment that "im a girl" And as expected i heard "wut girls dont play games"
Well game starts and i get sexually harassed the entire game, getting called a f ag, a cu nt, dragon b it ch, and amoung many other slurs and things.
39minute game and all i hear the entire game is "shut up cu nt" "fa g" and other very discomforting words

I was considering throwing the game. i didnt want these guys to win, but thats agaisnt my ethic so we went and won the game.
the biggest wonder about this is that one of my team mates was playing pulsefire ezreal
Im seriously upset that i had to sit through a battery of insults and slurs.
And yes after about 20minutes of it ignored all of them and turned on all chat so i could request my enemies to report them. probably didnt.

this is why girls hate playing video games, we get so much backlash, and this wasnt the first game that ive had to sit through this kind of harassment.

Why isnt anything being done about this? I know that one guy playing ezreal sure as hell didnt care, or didnt think he was getting banned, he has a 20$ skin...

because im not a guy, and i hate being called male pronouns.
I doubt youd like it if everyone was calling you lady, miss, and ma'am all **** day.
It gets tiring. Im sick of being called "Man" "dude" "sir" and "bro" all the time.

This.

Im not asking for anything other than just to be recognized realize that im a female anymore than you want to be recognized for being male.
Im pretty sure that if you were in a situation where theres 90% female population and you kept getting called "miss" all the time youd be inclined to correct someone telling them that you're actually a guy.

I cant seen their pings if i ignore them.

Thats really too bad, sorry that you had to deal with them for so long.

ƒirebird

06-30-2012

Haha OH WOW!
Never have i seen a thread so fully imbued with with an obvious cry for self-attention.
As they say, **** or gtfo.

Don't like being treated like a *****? Don't go telling everyone around that your ***** looking for attention.

edit:COME AT ME WITH ALL YOUR DOWNVOTES!

Pika Fox

06-30-2012

1) Dude is gender neutral, referring to males and females.

2) Thats not sexual harassment, but it is general harassment and ****ery.

SP3

06-30-2012

I like to pretend I'm an atheist, anarchist, schizophrenic bisexual transgender (born male) orphan with cancer.

Whatever insult they throw at me is highly irrelevant.

2pudge1cup

06-30-2012

lots of 14 year olds who just learned cuss words on this

Orzadus

06-30-2012

Quote:
joeyjeremiah:
Why is it acceptable to assume everyone is male? Why is unacceptable to be female?

Why is my screenname acceptable but female screennames like... JaneJeremiah, can cop sh!t just because it's female?

YOU ARE GENDERLESS ON THE INTERNET you are bloody pixels and data you are 0's and 1's
where did i state that everyone is a male...
stop assuming things

joeyjeremiah

06-30-2012

Quote:
xfir3b1rd:
Haha OH WOW!
Never have i seen a thread so fully imbued with with an obvious cry for self-attention.
As they say, **** or gtfo.

Don't like being treated like a *****? Don't go telling everyone around that your ***** looking for attention.

Being a female is not a crime. Stating you're female is not a bid for attention. It's just a fact. If you're a girl and people constantly refer to you as a guy, it is not a crime to correct them, and that information does not warrant abuse.

So many people here trying to blame the victim, it's incredible.

Marsvoltian

06-30-2012

dem humanitarian/feminists cant let social pronouns slide

Sindustry

Adjudicator

06-30-2012

Quote:
joeyjeremiah:
I don't care if you're 5 or 50. If you attack someone because of their gender, you're an arse. And if you're a kid, then your parents are arses for raising you like that.

C'mon, get started.

I'm 28 years old and I'm raising a little girl myself and I'll tell you one thing right now. Boys will be boys and any responsible parent teaches their little girl this.

Maybe the problem lies in all this sugar coating of what humans are and how they should act.
We're still animals at heart regardless of how civilized we want things to be.

Captain Flynt

06-30-2012

Quote:
Fish n Chicks:
I like to pretend I'm an atheist, anarchist, schizophrenic bisexual transgender (born male) orphan with cancer.

Whatever insult they throw at me is highly irrelevant.

ANY insult should be highly irrelevant on the internet. Its words on a screen. *shrug*