I got sexually harassed for over half an hour.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jackbro

06-30-2012

Why would you want to attract attention to yourself like that, how can you not think this will happen if you point out you're female. Think first

Dragvio

06-30-2012

I respect both genders but those guys must be bunch of pricks

FranPanginoon

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orivos View Post
Why say your a girl?
because im not a guy, and i hate being called male pronouns.
I doubt youd like it if everyone was calling you lady, miss, and ma'am all **** day.
It gets tiring.

The Murdertrain

06-30-2012

There's an ignore function for a reason. This isn't because you're a girl too by the way, it is because the internet is full of scumbags who hide behind a monitor.

Believe me most of these people wouldn't say a word to you in real life. Just like when someone rages at me, I know for a fact they wouldn't say anything of the sort to my face but "Yes sir, I'm sorry sir"
lol...

Get thick skinned, or hide the fact that you're a woman if you're really hurt by what they're saying.

EDIT: For the record, "dude" is general neutral. Girls can be dudes too.

Captain Flynt

06-30-2012

It
Is just
TEXT.
ON A SCREEN.
GROW.
A.
PAIR.

joeyjeremiah

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orzadus View Post
ignore and report them
also gender has nothing to do with gaming so no need to tell someone about it
She shouldn't have to hide her gender. She simply corrected them when they called her a guy. That is not a crime, despite how many guys on the internet would like to pretend it is, so they can keep getting away with their misogyny. Blame the victim, etc.. Sad.

Report them OP, hopefully Riot permabans Pulsefire Ezreal guy and his mom grounds him for wasting her money.

imthenewfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranPanginoon View Post
because im not a guy, and i hate being called male pronouns.
I doubt youd like it if everyone was calling you lady, miss, and ma'am all **** day.
It gets tiring.
i wouldn't mind it good sir. As long as it wasn't intended as an insult, at least.

Shadowknoll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Do what I do, if they keep up with stupid comments and slurs all game ignore them(Right there) and report afterwards.

problem solved.

Busty Demoness

06-30-2012

*hugs* I'm sorry you got harassed so much.

Unfortunately, it's very common in games, regardless of what kind of harassment it is.

joeyjeremiah

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbro View Post
Why would you want to attract attention to yourself like that, how can you not think this will happen if you point out you're female. Think first
Why are you blaming the victim?

"It's your fault you told them you're female! You DESERVE to be treated that way because of it!"