Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


I got sexually harassed for over half an hour.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derkoffski

Senior Member

06-30-2012

If you have a pen.is, you are not a girl.

Science


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critmaster Garen

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
doubleguac:
This is outrageously ignorant and ****ed up, and it's disgusting that these posts are getting upvotes.

If you have a ***** (male reproductive organ), you are biologically male. If you have a ****** (female reproductive organ), you are biologically female. Male and female are sexes. "Man" and "woman" are gender, and gender is totally different than s e x. The idea of being a "man" vs. a "woman" is more than just merely having particular genitalia, it's wrapped up in issues of identity and societal expectation.

Gender is an aspect of identity that's constructed by the individual based on how that individual sees him or herself and views his or her place in the world. Whereas s e x might be anatomical, gender is performative. It's a function of how you construct your identity. If you are born male but identify as a woman and construct your identity as such, you are a woman. Period. End of story. Having a **** or a ****** is not the same as being a man or a woman. And this is assuming you haven't had surgery.

If it "makes a difference for you," you're intolerant and ignorant. Homosexuality is finally beginning to gain acceptance in the mainstream, which makes it even more baffling to me that other forms of non-traditional sexuality and gender are still so stigmatized.


no its not. that may be your own opinion. for me personally its still a difference if a girl is actually a girl or a guy in a dress, calling himself a girl.

stop telling me what to think pls.

and fyi. gender is at the least determined by chromosomes. im not hating on gay people. the guy is gay and like to dress like a girl and pretend ok. doesnt make him a girl. the reason why its not accepted is, because if he tells other people otherwise its a straight up lie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enViies

Recruiter

06-30-2012

you must be new to the internet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gosuprime

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
doubleguac:
This is outrageously ignorant and ****ed up, and it's disgusting that these posts are getting upvotes.

If you have a ***** (male reproductive organ), you are biologically male. If you have a ****** (female reproductive organ), you are biologically female. Male and female are sexes. "Man" and "woman" are gender, and gender is totally different than s e x. The idea of being a "man" vs. a "woman" is more than just merely having particular genitalia, it's wrapped up in issues of identity and societal expectation.

Gender is an aspect of identity that's constructed by the individual based on how that individual sees him or herself and views his or her place in the world. Whereas s e x might be anatomical, gender is performative. It's a function of how you construct your identity. If you are born male but identify as a woman and construct your identity as such, you are a woman. Period. End of story. Having a **** or a ****** is not the same as being a man or a woman. And this is assuming you haven't had surgery.

If it "makes a difference for you," you're intolerant and ignorant. Homosexuality is finally beginning to gain acceptance in the mainstream, which makes it even more baffling to me that other forms of non-traditional sexuality and gender are still so stigmatized.


you dont get it.

whether someone is gay or straight, that doesnt matter.

however, you cant change what you are genetically, because you THINK you are something else. I cant say "hey, im a cat cause in my mind, I am a cat". genetics doesnt work that way.

you cant change what you were born as. if you were born a man, you are a man forever. and vice versa. that is COMPLETELY different from being gay or straight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zardoc

Senior Member

06-30-2012

.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sindustry

Adjudicator

06-30-2012

Quote:
IMelchorI:
no its not. that may be your own opinion. for me personally its still a difference if a girl is actually a girl or a guy in a dress, calling himself a girl.

stop telling me what to think pls.




I won't tell you want to think. I will just point you here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

You can't think yourself into another gender. You can only emulate another gender.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doubleguac

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
CTkiller:
Science says you're wrong

This isn't a subjective matter


Please, go into more detail. Because if you actually took the time to look at the social sciences (which are the only sciences that really have anything to do with gender, since gender is not biological or anatomical but a facet of society and identity), you'll find that basically any text written in the last five years is in line with what I posted, or, at the very least, is totally opposed to your view. But I would love to hear how "science" disagrees with me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
gosuprime:
you dont get it.

whether someone is gay or straight, that doesnt matter.

however, you cant change what you are genetically, because you THINK you are something else. I cant say "hey, im a cat cause in my mind, I am a cat". genetics doesnt work that way.

you cant change what you were born as. if you were born a man, you are a man forever. and vice versa. that is COMPLETELY different from being gay or straight.


But it's still an issue of human rights. If you can accept that homosexuals deserve to be treated the same as anyone else... why not the same for trans* people? They're not trying to 'force' anything on you. They're just trying to live their lives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Negrido

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
IMelchorI:

and fyi. gender is at the least determined by chromosomes. im not hating on gay people. the guy is gay and like to dress like a girl and pretend ok. doesnt make him a girl.


I think you're confusing trangender, gay, and crossdressing. There are three entirely different things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTkiller

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
doubleguac:
Please, go into more detail. Because if you actually took the time to look at the social sciences (which are the only sciences that really have anything to do with gender, since gender is not biological or anatomical but a facet of society and identity), you'll find that basically any text written in the last five years is in line with what I posted, or, at the very least, is totally opposed to your view. But I would love to hear how "science" disagrees with me.


What society thinks is subjective in which everyone has their own opinions and idea of what a women is
(Social science is mostly subjective because everyone has opinions on the matter)

Science is mostly objective and at birth you are determined which *** you are

And no this isn't a human rights issue, these are facts