Bronze Ranked solo Que Downfalls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

white boy 17

04-20-2013

I appreciate you for taking the time to read a nobodies point of view of his playing in the ranked League. This is a long post and i understand that people probably won't read this, but, I have played over 500 ranked matches and have about a 48% win rate and i am a Bronze 5 with 0 LP currently.

Ok so i understand that there is a lot of complaining from bronze elo people and if you call me one of them i do understand, but just hear me out. I am upset that i have lost 6 ranked games in a row in bronze and went from 98 lp in bronze 4 back down to 13 in bronze 5 and it is true that one of those games i did poorly early game and couldn't pull my weight in that match. However, after playing in bronze for the past 3-4 months and not being able to carry myself out solo or duo i ask myself "why do i play Ranked?" My answer is that i am extremely competitive and normal matches do not interest me because there is nothing to show. I love league of legends but i am not too fond of the community in bronze and feel it is the worst environment to play in and is also home to the most toxic players. I understand my skills might not be the greatest but i feel i am already working at a disadvantage trying to grind up the solo que ladder. Luck seems to play a major factor in getting good teams and it seems the skill level is not as even as bronze could be. i dont understand how you lose so many games in a row when most of them are not your fault. just finished my 7th loss in a row while writing this post and to sum it up every lane lost. and i was blamed for being a S*** jungler because i didnt gank good when mundo is a bad ganker until he gets his health items. the bot lane went 5-12, the mid lane went 0-6, and the top lane went 1-6. I myself went 3-3 as mundo jungle. Constant fighting during the game caused our support to rage quit the game and stop playing.

This has gotten me extremely disappointed in this game and the community of the lower bracket people in bronze. I feel RIOT could solve this problem in one of two ways.

1: create a new tier of ranked! Said Tier would be called "Iron" and would have a skill level lower then Bronze. this is simple and could be very effective and could possibly keep some of the toxic or well underskilled players in a lower bracket. this would relieve some of the tensions in trying to grind up in Bronze elo and maybe make remove some ( i understand not all will be removed) immature players and "trolls".

2: Keep the same system as in place but lower the Per Loss LP to something more manageable so someone who wins 1 game and recieves 12 LP and loses their next game does not lose 20 LP and lose all that was worked for in the previous game.

I love this game and i think that riot does a wonderful job for the community, but i feel the lower level players in ranked are put at a disadvantage at the start of every season and i am becoming more and more disappointed after the constant struggle of trying to grind up and have consistently thought about stop playing this game after the hundreds of dollars i have put into the game i feel RIOT has not done as much as it could have in return with my playing experience.

Once again thank you for listening to my endeavors in league and Good Luck and Have Fun in the the Rift.

Möbîus

04-20-2013

Losing streaks can be tough, and very frustrating. However, the fact that you've played 500 ranked matches and are still in bronze indicates that, most likely, you are where you are meant to be. If you are playing significantly better than your division, you should be winning more than 50% of your games, and thus move up through the ranks.

Also, while it's true that trolls and rage quitters can ruin games for you, if you yourself aren't one of them, then the chances of the enemy team having more trolls/quitters than yours is always greater. For losing streaks, it can certainly be chalked up to bad luck, but over 500 games, you have to consider that luck isn't the main factor here.

I for one would suggest you have a look at what you yourself could be doing better. You can't improve your team, only yourself, and if you're better than the people you're playing with, you should slowly start winning more games than you lose, and move up, until you start winning only 50% of your games - then you're at your appropriate skill level in the ladder. So try approaching games with that mind-set, and you'll be on your way up the ladder in no time :-)

white boy 17

04-20-2013

i do i constantly watch streams look up my champions skills what i can and cant do. for example this last game im duoing with my friend and we lost because their adc and mid got fed not off either me of him. our fiddle jungle went 5-10 and our adc went 4-8? i dont claim to carry games but i play consistently and have more knowledge of the game then most ppl in bronze as i have done research in my year of playing.

Möbîus

04-20-2013

Consistent play is all well and good, but games at lower elo, as you've found, are far more volatile. At your level, if you want to move up you need to either be able to hard-carry and snowball off your opponent's mistakes, or be able to pick up the slack for the rest of your team.

For example, how did your adc go 4-8 and jungler 5-10? If it was just a matter of the adc losing straight up vs the lane, then there's not as much that could be done, but by the sounds of it, if mid got fed, then they must have roamed and ganked. Since you or your friend were mid, you should have called mia, warned your other lanes or followed them when they roamed. If you did, and the bot lane just ignored, then its a lost cause, but otherwise, that is something you should definitely work on.

Also, if it was in the teamfights most of the deaths occurred, then were you initiating badly, were members of the team being caught out? If so, was the map warded and did you know roughly where the enemy team was at each point in time?

These are all things to think about when playing the game. Winning lane via cs or kills is one thing, but unless you can make use of that by say roaming, forcing objectives or creating map pressure, then your lead does not really mean that much. Also, always check other lanes too - you cant rely on your other laners to call mia, so just glance at minimap, and see how many of the enemy team you can see. All visible = good, 2+ mia = danger unless you've got your area warded.

It's the small things like this that can really change the way a game goes, and can often be the difference between winning and losing

Colorstupid

04-20-2013

This is what happened to me, I just started playing ranked, I was placed in Bronze 1 and lost almost every match and was demoted to bronze 2 and went all the way down to 0 lP. almost every time I lost it was because bottom sucked, either the adc sucked or the support did, this caused 2 to 3 people getting fed on the other team for each death on my team. So they ended up pwning me every match. So after that I decided that I would no longer let other people solely have control of the bottom so I picked adc every time and when that was taking I picked support. I won the next 8 ranked matches and then lost one, and then just barely won my last one. I am now Bronze 1 and my last match was worth 30 lp because I was only playing with silver and gold people as bronze. The trick is to not let other people screw the game up for you.

You at the same time need to be super nice to everyone. I duo with a friend now, He takes top and I go bottom and we win over 95% of the time. Make sure to pick counters to other champions too, be good at as many champs as you can, nothing helps more then when you counter your enemy.

Colorstupid

04-20-2013

It helps to watch other ranked people as well and how they build

SeCKS Egai

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by white boy 17 View Post
i do i constantly watch streams look up my champions skills what i can and cant do. for example this last game im duoing with my friend and we lost because their adc and mid got fed not off either me of him. our fiddle jungle went 5-10 and our adc went 4-8? i dont claim to carry games but i play consistently and have more knowledge of the game then most ppl in bronze as i have done research in my year of playing.
You only have 2 rune pages and have been playing ranked since season 2? That's a sign you aren't learning as much as you think.

Neither your norm or ranked is above 50%, that's another sign that you're a significant factor in your losses.

You can win games well behind the other team in kills. Most of the folks I team up with/against in bronze are fairly capable but it tends to be their decision-making that gets them stuck, or attitude.

I do agree that there should be something lower than bronze, but in all honesty to sit at bronze 5 would mean you'd end up there too. I myself placed siv 3 and have effectively dropped below my siv 5 status, even after climbing back to siv 4. I can count on one hand the amount of games where I've clearly been the worst player, but afks/dcs aside, there have been plenty of losses where I could have played better as well.