Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quick Viktor quesiton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

06-30-2012

I bought some seals a while back to help with Viktor's mana troubles, since I honestly don't build into any. And sometimes i don't get blue (I should ask more...i kinda just let the jungler offer it to me).

But anyways, should i get the flat Mana regen, or the mana regen per lvl?
I bought mostly the per lvl, but feeling like I should get the flat mana regen. i believe somebody told me it balances out around lvl 11 or 13 as well? So at that point I suppose my mana pool is already pretty big?

GypsyhookMusic

06-30-2012

i get flat. you're fine on mana eventually.

Dire Squirrel

06-30-2012

The standard for AP carry runes is flat mana regen. for early game where all your spells cost a ton of mana.

I play Viktor with flat mana regen. seals and I feel like I haven alot of sustain in lane.

XElement

06-30-2012

When does it balance out again?I Forget the exact #, but yea, if it does balance out lvl 10+ then I'll get flat.
My mana control is fine mid/late game, not the best but it is fine where I don't need the per lvl ones.
Really just want the flat for the early game, whoel reason I got mana regen seals.

he is nearly the only mid champ i'll play besides morde, but i don't need mana regen for him.

Reptar

06-30-2012

I run a mix of per level/flats, I think like 4/lvl and 5 flat or something, just some dumb personal preference.

Something I'd like to point out though, even with mana reg yellows you can't really spam your laser as a harass tool, the laser isn't very cost effective mana wise until after you get some decent AP and/or red augment

fatrend

06-30-2012

If you don't think you're going to be getting blues you should probably consider purchasing Chalice since Viktors mana problems are so intense

I run flat regen yellows

KiIIstreak

06-30-2012

I dont have any mana runes and im having little mana trouble.

My advice to you is to stop spamming lazor all the time, especially during the early game. The lazor damage is also quite low at early levels and it uses almost double the mana of q, so theres almost no reason to use it early.

Q is prefect to haraas with as it gives a shield and uses less mana. I usually put 2 points on it early purley for harassment.

XElement

06-30-2012

Quote:
AK Downfall:
The standard for AP carry runes is flat mana regen. for early game where all your spells cost a ton of mana.

I play Viktor with flat mana regen. seals and I feel like I haven alot of sustain in lane.

Yea, just sucks to spend tons of IP on runes when i alreayd have mana ones X_X
plus need more runes for other champs...well i have runes just want to improve on them.
Like buy more MR runes for morde...have tons of armor, but that is for when i go top as him, if i go mid rather have the MR.

Blah you get the point. hate buying runes in general @_@ when i want champions so badly...but I actually think i'm set on them. Keeping enough for Jayce but besides that I think i can finally start buying more runes for specific champions.

Also what Quints do you use?
I use MS on all my champs, but thinking about getting the AP ones? Or would you keep MS? One guide had MS listed and i slightly agree that viktor feels slowish..plus i am so use to having those. Had them for nearly a year now.

astronomy

06-30-2012

I've come to really appreciate Deathfire Grasp on him...his burst is already fairly high but his CDs are long so adding an extra spell in is nice. Helps with his mana issues a bit as well as CDR.

I also use mana regen/lvl seals, and don't have much trouble.

XElement

06-30-2012

lol...so i use the rune combine thing with my left over runes.
So far i just got runes that i just bought >>
first was flat mana regen. Then MR >.>