High FPS (60's) to Low FPS (3-10)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jpitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

I've recently noticed that my FPS fluctuates drastically during games. Seemingly random, as I do not have to be in the middle of a fight for my FPS to drop to unplayable levels. I then minimize and check the Task Manager to find that LoL has 3 different tasks.
One sits at about 550,000K memory, another sits at 220,000K memory, and another hovers around the high 6,000K memory.
I even tried to end the task on the 220,000K and the 6,000K and it didn't seem to help either.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with a ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card.
All drivers are updated. And I play on a laptop.

I've tried:

Game Booster
Tune-Up Utilities
Cleaning computer, scanning for viruses, etc. (Even installed fresh copy of Windows 7)
Very Low settings
Different resolutions
Seeing if there are any memory eaters playing in the background, there isnt.

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

chillfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-31-2010

feel your laptop. is it hot when this happens?

most likely your video card is overheating. i'd suggest changing some settings to produce less heat or getting a cooling pad

jpitty

09-01-2010

That's a good guess, but no, I have a cooling pad and it doesn't matter if I use it or not.

Kitavo

Recruiter

09-01-2010

Same problem, and it doesn't matter if im on high graphics or not :s
usually happens after 10 min more and less

ps: started after the patch :s

Probably isn't my video card, but w/e

Erniee

09-02-2010

I have the same issue from 60 fps to horrible 5-9 fps.

Raz7

09-02-2010

I've been having the same issue. Been playing for months, and always got 60 fps with v-sync. Lately, it seems like just about whenever we start pushing into the inhibitors, regardless of the gametime, I will start lagging something horrible at irregular intervals. I've dusted out my video card, and checked all the connections. Any other game I play for extended amounts of time that are much more graphically demanding have yet to show any similar issues. I play L4D2 games that regularly last around an hour, as well as extended sessions of Operation Flashpoint, Starcraft 2, Tropico 3, etc etc all on the highest settings. I have no idea what it is, but recently my fps in LoL will go from a perfect 59-60 with v-sync and highest settings to around 5-10, only for a few moments at a time, and then it will level out as if nothing happened.