Can we get rid of the "punishments" for queue dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corporate Joey

07-01-2012

Counterpicked? NP just dodge. Nah the change to long waits is a bad enough change as it is. keep it the way it is or go back to ELO loss.

D0ct0re

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by capismymain View Post
There has to be a big consequence though, that's what people aren't willing to accept. if there wasn't a time penalty there would be so many dodges and a lot less games played. It would take 30 + mins just to queue up a game because people care a lot about their elo and people will dodge when they get even a slightly unfavorable match up Imho I want the elo loss back on dodges. because now if you pick even an inch outside the meta people rage at the select and dodge queue, it's not good for the growth of the game and it's not good for the community. There needs to be a consequence of some kind.

And by the way. the only people who complain about this is either lazy or low elo players that don't want to earn their wins the hard way or that can't carry. They just want to get gold elo and sit on it until season 2 ends.I know your type.

By the way, you're level 26. Even if this is a smurf I have 0 respect for you because you don't even have the balls to post this on a main account.

I might sound like an ass but everything i've said are the hard facts dude. If you want to climb in elo you have to get better and play a lot of games and earn it, you can't just expect to play 50 games and be gold unless you're a professional. It takes work and a lot of games for most people.
there is a consequence for dodgeing in rank. Every time you dodge you get listed on their system that you have dodged. Once you reach a certain amount of dodges you get a penalty... I dont think losing elo for dodging is correct. you do have some ppl that go into the game cuz they want to troll. Ive had ppl say they are bored n going go troll in rank n had some ppl say Im playing this position/champ or Im trolling. If ask me there should be a vote system in there n when a vote goes through it gets put on the tribunal system n from there if it shows they have been trolling mult times then they should get a ban or whatever is needed.

Ppl having to dodge to escape cuz someone randomed or got pissy cuz they didnt get what they want shouldnt be punished at all. N if you want to rant at me cuz I dont agree the ppl trying to play the game right should get punished, Ive been gold n above. Still not right the trollers are winning the battle in the end.

xkevinz

07-01-2012

This applies to alot of situations, like if there is a troll on your team who doesnt care about losing, like a revive surge tryndamere, you have to dodge.

Stealtfy

07-01-2012

Quote:
There has to be a big consequence though, that's what people aren't willing to accept. if there wasn't a time penalty there would be so many dodges and a lot less games played. It would take 30 + mins just to queue up a game because people care a lot about their elo and people will dodge when they get even a slightly unfavorable match up Imho I want the elo loss back on dodges. because now if you pick even an inch outside the meta people rage at the select and dodge queue, it's not good for the growth of the game and it's not good for the community. There needs to be a consequence of some kind.
These are valid points. Howver, I think dodges for Normal blind picks should not be penalised. There is just too much **** picks that happens in these games and people can be real asses about it.

Quote:
And by the way. the only people who complain about this is either lazy or low elo players that don't want to earn their wins the hard way or that can't carry. They just want to get gold elo and sit on it until season 2 ends.I know your type.

By the way, you're level 26. Even if this is a smurf I have 0 respect for you because you don't even have the balls to post this on a main account.

I might sound like an ass but everything i've said are the hard facts dude. If you want to climb in elo you have to get better and play a lot of games and earn it, you can't just expect to play 50 games and be gold unless you're a professional. It takes work and a lot of games for most people.
Yeah, this part you are coming off as an ass!

bluemoonprncss

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eneha View Post
Really, it's frustrating having a horrible team composition with people that either don't understand how the game works or don't care. I just had a game where I requested to go bot as Varus and so in response people picked 2 other AD carries and didn't say anything until last second (dodged like a boss.) Another recent instance was when I chose Anivia and immediately after the other summoners chose Annie, Ziggs and Veigar with no signs of anyone wanting to switch. There are just so many times where you look at your team and think "Man, this is going to be awful--I don't want to waste 20-50 minutes of my life with this." (since bad teams like not surrendering)

I understand some penalty--having to log back in is fine; having a short "waiting" period before you can try entering queue again is fine; 5 minutes for the first queue dodge and then increasing after that is not fine. It's not fair to make players choose how they want to waste their time if they want to play League, whether the cause is a bad team or the ridiculous penalties for queue dodging.

My advice:
1st dodge = Log in again like always but no time penalty.
2nd dodge = 3 minute waiting time
3rd dodge and up = 5 minute waiting time

Maybe in draft it's a different story, as that's a much larger time commitment for champion select and whatnot, but I'm mostly griping about classic/blind-pick PVP.
the problem here could due to new players who dont know how to play anything else beside a certain few characters. Im lv 20 now but only started playing this game 3 weeks ago, i only know how to play like 5 champs and not very good at them, all of them are AD/AP carries. so if my team wanted me to tank or jungle, i would probably feed the enemy team bc i dont know how to play them. I think its better to have team members who can play the champ than to have all possible roles but not know how to play it.

but again, im new so i could be wrong.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eneha View Post
1st dodge = Log in again like always but no time penalty.
2nd dodge = 3 minute waiting time
3rd dodge and up = 5 minute waiting time
5 hours later, you get your match

Paladohdin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:

It's his main account you are just making yourself sound like a ****, he was also talking about blind pick, he has no idea what Elo is, quit being an arrogant ass and get the **** outta there too. You make me sick.

Shadow Light M37

07-08-2012

On The Flood, we used to have an old saying...

"Adapt"

MythicSwagmaster

08-13-2012

Frankly, I directly searched for some forum area discussing this, and I only have skimmed posts aside from the first. I am going to take a hardline extreme stance on this.

There should be no ridiculous punitive measures against leaving the character selection. The game hasn't started yet, and if there was a convenient, no hassle way to do so, the game could only be improved by quick avoidance of trolls, belligerent types, auto-lockers, and poor team composition. Having the foreknowledge that any of their teammates could leave the lobby would be extremely good incentive for people to be considerate for a change.

There is no justifiable reason why one should just adapt and make a null subject of an intense pain. Riot can be bothered for just a moment to improve interface and community interaction. They don't need to always be working on skins and characters.

unbelievably bad

11-19-2013

i agree with this. its so stupid when you see someone enter the game and (like a recent one of mine) says instantly that "i just downed a bottle of bacardi". thats a stupid reason to punish me for not wanting to play. or you get the whole team of trolls and things like toxic players why force us to play with them?