Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

xerath changes, translation from riotish to english

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

captainwattle

06-29-2012

in riotish:

Quote:
Phreak:
Hey there,

Thanks for the report. This is not really intentional. We have/had no intention to nerf Xerath, nor to hide such a change from you guys.

AFAIK the intent of the change was to make the animation match the particle, but of course the gameplay impact is important as well. I can near-guarantee that we'll rectify this.

In english

Quote:
Phreak:
Hey there,
woops, didn't realize this went live

we wanted to change the animations, but gameplay should take prioritity. So we're going to rectify this

In riotish

Quote:
Phreak:
Hey guys I want to bump this with a bit of new information:

If I wasn't clear in my first post, I'm not promising that we're changing the ult cast time. However, we are still aware that this nerfed Xerath and we don't intend to nerf Xerath.

Thus, we (probably, nothing is ever 100% certain) intend to buff him, but it may not be just a revert of the prior change.

in english

Quote:
Phreak:
Hey guys I want to bump this with a bit of new information:
woops, it seems it don't know jack-**** on whats going on.

we are probably going to do something about it.

in riotish:

Quote:
Phreak:
Sometimes we make mistakes. I don't for sure know the entire story perfectly, but my understanding is:

We updated his animation to match the spell effects. We update animations and particles like this pretty frequently. We update them to make the champion feel more polished and for them to feel more "correct."

In this instance, it added a noticeable impact to his gameplay. For whatever reason, we didn't realize this before we pushed it out the door, but you guys did.

We like the look. However, we know it also has weakened the champion.

in english

Quote:
Phreak:

We screwed up.

We updated his animation and it added a noticeable impact to his gameplay. We didn't think changing the animation time would affect gameplay, and we didnt bother testing it.

We like the look. However, we know it also has weakened the champion, so we might give him minor buffs.

in riotish:
Quote:
Solcrushed:
Hey guys, here to explain what happened with Xerath and provide some updates

First, the ultimate change was intended for a number of reasons:
1) It brings Xerath’s playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned with the character (Constant siege barrage instead of instant burst)
2) The animation was broken with the previous ultimate and we wanted to fix that

We were also aware that this was a significant nerf to Xerath and intended to buff him at the same time to compensate for it, what we did NOT intend was the animation changes going in without the buffs accompanying it.

We will be giving Xerath the intended buffs in the next patch. We messed up on this one and I apologize on behalf of the team to all the Xerath players out there.

in english:

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Hey guys, soulcrushed here to crush the soul of every xerath player.
First, the ultimate change was intended for a number of reasons:
1) It brings Xerath’s playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned. unfortunatly it took us 8 months plus development time to figure this out, which allowed plently of people to get used to his design
2) The animation was apparently broken with the previous ultimate and we wanted to fix that, even though nobody could tell or did complain. These changes allow you to look at his ult more when you buy the new skin (he's very viable and strong atm).

We were also aware that this was a significant nerf to Xerath and intended to give him minor buffs (soon TM) to compensate for it (should compensate for 34% of his ult nerfs).

We will be giving Xerath the intended minor buffs in the next patch. We messed up on this big time and can tell that the xerath community is outraged at the change, but too bad it's here to stay.

this thread is now about dogs.

tl;dr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gk7ADi_Jjk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gk7ADi_Jjk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc)

DRMoFo

06-29-2012

lol

Lagginator

06-29-2012

You're good at this, could you be the official liason between riot and the community?

Sipsi

06-29-2012

Riot hire this man

captainwattle

06-29-2012

Quote:
Lagginator:
You're good at this, could you be the official liason between riot and the community?

gladly.

Ununseptium

06-29-2012

Wattle! You posted the same video I did. But yeah, Xerath was underplayed, and while I don't want to go off on a rant until I see what the buffs are like (I have a bad feeling Xerath is going to be left at Xin status, maybe not Eve status, but close). That being said, most Xerath players weren't asking for an ultimate change, yes, a few of us were looking for a charge system with his old animation. The majority wanted his passive to be changed, because it doesn't serve Xerath any actual use until it's already pointless. Instead they change the one fundamental part of Xerath that every player loves, his ultimate, and expect us not to go off quite a bit.

Hextech Gunblade

06-29-2012

I lol'd at the the "This thread is now about dogs" in the last translation. But ya this nerf sucks :C

Oberic

Recruiter

06-29-2012

Quote:
FlamesOfLance:
Riot hire this man

I second this.

Having to manually translate the Riot posts on balance into english is tough, this guy seems fluent. Hire him.

Genotoxic

06-29-2012

lol,very funny

captainwattle

06-29-2012

Quote:
Ununseptium:
Wattle! You posted the same video I did. But yeah, Xerath was underplayed, and while I don't want to go off on a rant until I see what the buffs are like (I have a bad feeling Xerath is going to be left at Xin status, maybe not Eve status, but close). That being said, most Xerath players weren't asking for an ultimate change, yes, a few of us were looking for a charge system with his old animation. The majority wanted his passive to be changed, because it doesn't serve Xerath any actual use until it's already pointless. Instead they change the one fundamental part of Xerath that every player loves, his ultimate, and expect us not to go off quite a bit.

i 100% agree with the ammo system for his ult. it would be a wonderful change that would increase his strategic depth. And then riot drastically changes his cast time.....

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ