Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Hecarim good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AZbeast

06-29-2012

IMO hes boss dog. you dont even have to build dmg on him he just has it.

Nektralik

06-29-2012

Based on my personal time with Hecarim, he's pretty fun, his ult is great in teamfights, his Q damage adds up fast, W gives decent sustain, and E is really good for chasing/initiating/escaping. Great champion, I recommend him.

Nota

06-29-2012

I've been playing alot of solo-top Hecarim, and I think he's an amazing top. I know alot of people think he's better off in the jungle, but Hecarim is item reliant and putting him top helps him get the farm he needs, plus he has a pretty far auto attack range for a melee (Guess it makes sense...I mean he has a spear). Combining his Q+W makes it so the enemy solo-top can rarely trade with you, especially once you get a Sheen/Phage. Also, his late game presence is great too, you can peel very well with your Ult and E, however I rarely use my ult to initiate a fight.

Holy Malevolence

06-29-2012

He's sub par to a point where playing him holds a chance of holding your team back.
He needs a little work, primarily on his near worthless Q, to attain viability.

Rule 34

06-29-2012

I'm still not entirely certain if Hecarim is just not fully understood by the community or if he's genuinely underpowered, but most of the Hec's I see are average at best. I've seen him absolutely crush a few times against decent people, which is why I wonder if he's still being learned, and then other times he just completely falls flat and ends up being a nonfactor and completely ignorable.

GloriousKaiser

06-29-2012

Weak early game, will trample you late game provided he's fed.

Passive (WarPath) Bonus MS AD and Ignoring unit Collision. Good for charging right into a target.

His Q (Ramage) is awesome cause the low CD can constantly help proc sheen/trin/lich(if you play AP hec >.&gt effect.(resets attack timer)

His W (Spirit of Dread) seems lacklustre to me cause the damage and healing seems very minuscule but nonetheless it will keep you sustained if you choose to initiate.

TL;DR: Go read a guide, I like him, he's a bit weak early but later on is strong.

E (Devastating Charge) Solid ganking tool. Gap closer knockback.

R (Onslaught of Shadows) Like Malphite, you can't be disabled when you're charging. Gap closer AOE terrify excellent when combined with E. (goes through terrain)

Now those are just his skills.

He's a good jungler and solo top IMO but best playing in the jungle because of his amazing gank potential.
If you choose to play him solo top, make sure you don't trade too many times with the opponent as he is quite weak early as I mentioned.

enfabled mage

06-29-2012

Quote:
Puckthepwner:
He is the new meta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFw-C__upQg&feature=g-u-u).

ahh yes this is pretty lolz worthy

Umbasa

06-29-2012

ive only played against one guy who uses him so i wouldnt know much but he was a monster tank and quite intimidating.

Rezspiration

06-29-2012

Quote:
DivineMalignance:
He's sub par to a point where playing him holds a chance of holding your team back.
He needs a little work, primarily on his near worthless Q, to attain viability.

I don't think Hec's Q is worthless at all. it racks up some good AoE AD dps in teamfights, solid for shen/triforce procing too. Also truth is, it has alot more DPS then skarner's Q if you want to compare skills as many other forum goers seem to like to do, to reason why it's worthless. Also well played Hecarims can control teamfights like a boss so i see no reason on how he holds his team back.

Holy Malevolence

06-29-2012

Quote:
Rezspiration:
I don't think Hec's Q is worthless at all. it racks up some good AoE AD dps in teamfights, solid for shen/triforce procing too. Also truth is, it has alot more DPS then skarner's Q if you want to compare skills as many other forum goers seem to like to do, to reason why it's worthless. Also well played Hecarims can control teamfights like a boss so i see no reason on how he holds his team back.

*Against champions.
Which speaks nothing to the fact that it doesn't start doing worthwhile damage until you've already struck something with it twice. And that at all points in time it's going to scale quite a bit worse than a standard autoattack. And the fact that it's AOE is small to a point where the fact that it hits multiple targets is nearly irrelevant.

Oh, and that's ignoring the fact that it does, in fact, do reduced damage to minions. Which is truly a good thing to have on a jungler.

His Q is terrible in every sense of the word. The only use for the **** thing is for sheen procs and rageblade, which basically means it's something of a one point wonder.
It is, without a doubt, the only thing on him that needs work. There's no justification for it being as poor as it is.