Riot glad you lied to the community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglewolf

06-29-2012

After giving away the 1000 RP you go through and delete all you red posts about how you said you would discuss compensation after the que was fixed...and then we get this, from pendragon

'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

Mistakes? No you just out right lied to the community your lucky you covered your ass by deleting the Red Posts that said YOU WOULD hand out additional compensation and discuss it. You act like you can't do anything now, what a load of BS. NOT ANY company lies to its community as much or make "mistakes" as you put them.

Edit: Some additional points to support my argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doflamingo51 View Post
They also covered up the fact that we got compensation for the downtime of 15-17. Then next weekend the 23-24 servers were down as well (including during the week) and they played it off as if the 10 win IP bonus was from that.
Edit2-A summoner found this post, there were some other red posts in the other thread that was the service status thread that mysteriously disappeared. However this red post doesn't promise compensation it certainly eludes to the fact something was going to be given. And there was not a discussion on the issue it was a dictation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJeongal View Post
As discussed by CaptSturm in an earlier post, we will not be discussing compensation at this time. We are doing things one step at a time. We prioritized getting the servers to a playable state, restoring lost content to players was next, and getting the servers to full health is a continual process. Compensation will be discussed later when we know the full impact and timing of these issues. It has not been stated that only the players who lost inventory will be compensated in any way. Compensation will be discussed at a later time and by those with authority to grant it.
Edit 3: Does this look familiar to anyone? Seems almost like the exact same line to me, but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Folks,

When we originally talked about a Facebook reward, we’d been envisioning something big. Ultimately, that vision couldn’t work – but we still wanted to give you something cool.

Clearly a 34% IP boost and a funny GIF wasn’t cool. We’re going to up the boost to 100% for the weekend.

We’re also disappointed in our communication on this topic, and we’re going to do better in the future.

108th Fruit

06-29-2012

Yeah, I remember they said they'd talk about additional compensation.

Futurecat

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewolf View Post
'll close with a final statement.
Liar.

GGWPFriends

06-29-2012

Thanks for posting this thread. People need to stop forgetting so easily about Riot's poor decision making with this incident.

MajesticCrawdad

06-29-2012

Are you seriously complaining about this again? You don't deserve ANYTHING. NOTHING. No RP. No boosts, NOTHING. Leave the game if you are so upset by these "lies"

Smartsize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

gg wp

John Kennen

06-29-2012

bump

Armaldeus

06-29-2012

YAAAAAAAY for misplaced entitlement.

tru0ng

06-29-2012

Discussing compensation isn't the same as giving compensation. They discussed and thought it would be fair to only give to the people who lost content.

EDIT: I don't even understand why you're saying riot lied to you either. Some guy in this thread posted a screenshot of the post where riot said they were going to discuss compensation and no where in that post did I see that they said they were going to give compensation.(found the page, posted on page 10 if you wanna see for yourself)

Oh and don't even say that "we weren't even able to log in" as an argument to say that you should've gotten 1k rp. I was able to login fine and that might be because I'm only a high school student during summer so I have a lot of time and you might've not been able to login because you had a job, kids, etc, but riot isn't going to personally let you in their game just because of that. That just wouldn't be fair to give you special treatment just because you don't have time to wait in queue.

YouHearThat

06-29-2012

bump