Gamrs.net Tournament is disgustingly unorganized

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Clean Bird

06-30-2012

zzz

Francis

06-30-2012

A day before isn't a lot of time to plan either. You should be posting the entire schedule a week in advance. You know how difficult it is to get 5 players from different timezones and with different priorities on the same page? I told your ref already to remove us.

IzzyCasillasJr

07-01-2012

You are right, we did mess up, we are currently looking for staff, before the next league tournament we are going to make sure we have at least 16 League ref's to make sure the tournament goes smoothly. I apologize for the inconvenience. This is our first League Tournament we have learned alot and our next tournament will go alot smoother.

IzzyCasillasJr

07-01-2012

apparently we did well
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2307005

Francis

07-01-2012

Apparently one team received attention*

GoldFlower

07-02-2012

Our team placed third, being undefeated, for some reason.

Admins refuse to let us play for no reason and disable contact with us.

Do not recommend Gamrs tournaments in the future, regardless of how many new staff members they can get.

Sealrain

07-02-2012

You were not the only one NyanYuki.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._disorganized/

Francis

07-02-2012

Thank you.

IzzyCasillasJr

07-02-2012

It seems that our League of Legends 5v5 tournament has had mixed criticism from multiple teams, I would just like to apologize to all teams that signed. Our tournament schedule was made flexible, to allow all teams to participate, but this only made things worse. The problem was that most of our League of Legends tournament referees were not able to make it to Friday’s matches including myself. I also wanted to be lenient with the tournament timings by allowing all teams to play on Friday or Saturday, I understand that all teams cannot play on a Friday during the middle of the day ( job, etc. ) this enraged a lot of teams and they just decided to give up, which was bizarre to me, 1) it was a free tournament, 2) they were still allowed to play in the tournament and we had a lot of matches played on Friday but some patience was needed.I understand that the schedule should not have been so flexible and we should stick to our tournament times. I was trying to take everyone into consideration and make a flexible schedule so all teams would be able to participate. As for the Team Jacob ruling, after further thought I have decided that I wasn‘t as lenient as I was trying to be with all teams. The truth is there are a lot of teams that, let’s just say have bad manners, and decided to argue with me because they lost or because they didn’t make check-in time on saturday. This made me very irritable which led to the decision that I made regarding Team Jacob. I told their team that they either had to beat Gucci Gaming twice to win the tournament ( because Team Jacob got a free win ) OR they could just play Try Hard to Win and the winner of that match would be second place. I never said they had to do both, I apologize for the miscommunication. We will be hosting future tournaments for League of Legends after all of this I can honestly say I enjoyed myself, I am creating these tournaments for the Gaming Community, not for myself. I would like to apologize to Team Jacob I decided I will give each member on their team a $25 Riot point card, If any member on Team Jacob is reading this then send me an email to Icj@gamrs.net and we will further discuss this matter. P.S. Don’t try and impersonate these team members I have their skype and League IGN’s so all I have to do is check those before I give them out. Also a few comments on here were made and I would just like to clarify some things, we have ran tournaments just not for League of Legends, we are not like any other tournament site, our main focus is to provide a tournament site and in the future a ladder site for the gaming community, I used to play on a variety of sites and was tired of the high entry fees and low prize pools, so I decided to create Gamrs. If anyone is interested in working with us to better our tournaments, we are currently looking for staff, Team Jacob I would also like to extend a position to your entire team on Gamrs, if your interested include that in your Email.

FrozenFrame

07-10-2012

trash tournament