Smartcasting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoreMedz

07-02-2012

Another champion that uses smartcast is Irelia. If you see a wave of minions with low hp, then you can zip through them with shift-Q without having to click every single one of them.

Judas Priest

07-02-2012

I already got used to smartcasting, it's very useful!

psykodell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

I have read a few posts on smartcasting and I have a question that has not been addressed that I have seen- For the map-range ults such as Ashe and Ezreal, I often like to aim them at a fight that I am not part of; with regular casting I can do this on the minimap by clicking where I want it to go; for smartcasting would I be able to aim it by hovering on the map or would I have to either aim it from my screen or unlock my screen to aim it at the fight?

Thanks,

-Psykodell

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykodell View Post
I have read a few posts on smartcasting and I have a question that has not been addressed that I have seen- For the map-range ults such as Ashe and Ezreal, I often like to aim them at a fight that I am not part of; with regular casting I can do this on the minimap by clicking where I want it to go; for smartcasting would I be able to aim it by hovering on the map or would I have to either aim it from my screen or unlock my screen to aim it at the fight?

Thanks,

-Psykodell
first, unlock your screen, you'll have an easier time...and keep it that way... Second, I'd click on the map to see where the enemy is, try to find where they will be 10 seconds from now, and shoot there. you'll miss a lot, because it's not designed for that kind of usage, but you get what I'm saying

SOL Actual

09-21-2012

I've never tried smartcasting. I've always stuck to traditional point and click, and I think switching will take a lot of getting used to as far as instinctual reactions go.

Oh well, I'm giving it a try. :X

Khizan

09-21-2012

Smartcasting takes a bit of getting used to, but it really, really helps with reaction times and combos. It is worth it.

IMO, some champions, Ryze specifically, are damn near unplayable without it, since they rely on fast combos and Q/click/W/click/Q/click/E/click is a lot slower than QWQE, etc,etc.

You may also want to put smartcasting on your items if you use things like the Deathfire Grasp with any regularity.

EDIT: There are some things, though, like Veigar's stun and Anivia's wall, where I don't like smartcasting, so I change my keybindings at the start of those games.

Artifictional

09-21-2012

ok so, lets use rumbles E (electro-harpoon) as an example
Non Smart Casting
I hit e, the skill shot line appears, i move my mouse to line it up and click to fire
Smart Casting
I hit E and electro harpoon is fired in the direction of my mouse

TwistWrist

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcGS Jeanschyso View Post
first, unlock your screen, you'll have an easier time...and keep it that way... Second, I'd click on the map to see where the enemy is, try to find where they will be 10 seconds from now, and shoot there. you'll miss a lot, because it's not designed for that kind of usage, but you get what I'm saying
Seriously. Please aim your ultimate...

KaZyk

09-21-2012

Smart casting should be renamed to Quick Casting lol. It's more for people with accuracy who want to get their combos off faster and can hit the right target on first click.

Itsmedemo

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Smart casting seems a bad idea for some AoE spells, like Fiddlesticks ULT. But for the rest, I think it's worth a try, thanks!
You shouldn't use Smartcasting if you are not familiar with a champion's ability ranges. Once you are comfortable with the ranges, though, Smartcasting can easily mean the difference between a kill or the opponent running away at a sliver of health.

It can also mean the difference between your death and the same. :P