Smartcasting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

06-29-2012

Hello guys, I've just found out this assert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroBaro View Post
(...)

Smart casting is casting spells with a click of a button. Non-smart casting is when you hit Q on a champ for instance and then have to left-click on whatever u want to cast your spell on. It is very inefficient because most of the time you have to cast all your spells as fast as possible.

Smart casting (which you can set from your keyboard shortcuts) lets you press Q on the champion and it will be automatically casted on them without the need to click. If you even want to have a chance at higher level play I suggest you turn it on immediatly by setting your Q,W,E,R,D,F and 1,2,3 to smartcasting.

I realized that I do not smartcast and, to be honest, I didn't understand it completly. If there are more than 1 enemy champion on screen, how will this "smartcasting" guess which champion I want to cast? And how can I turn it on?

derindel

06-29-2012

i think it its like a mousover macro, where whatever your mouse is over is the target. or atleast thats what i got from it, i don't really see how it can improve your gameplay by all that much though, if at all. maybe im just mistaken though.

TwistWrist

06-29-2012

It speeds up casting by removing an action. Really good for quicker combos and spamming.

R3dRain

06-29-2012

I smartcasting let you hit a key on your keyboard like q it go where your mouse is for skill shot and it give you about a .5 sec faster reacting time over any that do not use it.

you set a key on your keyboard for it and it go to the one your mouse is over. It is abit harder to use at first but if it a lock on skill and you over the champion you want just hit that skill and it go off it take out if you just use the mouse the mouse over skill and then where you want to aim it. Which give you a fast reacting time.

I not sure if I said it right but it is only mouse over the place where you want to do it and a key press.

Judas Priest

06-29-2012

Smart casting seems a bad idea for some AoE spells, like Fiddlesticks ULT. But for the rest, I think it's worth a try, thanks!

Kalafai

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dRain View Post
give you about a .5 sec faster reacting time over any that do not use it.

Your clicking is ridiculously slow. A couple fast paced fps should fix that right up.

In Circles

06-29-2012

You can mouseover a target and click the hotkey of your skill, so it instacasts on that target. It's good for Cassiopeia's Twin Fang spell as it's uber spammable if the target is poisoned (.5 sec cooldown). It's also good for people like Ryze (no skillshots). You can also hotkey it on certain skills, instead of all the skills.

Athorith

06-29-2012

If you are just learning a champ and the range of their spells do not use smart casting because it can go very badly

bluemoonprncss

07-02-2012

so how to smartcast? i have heard about this a lot but not sure how to do it, i think this could be a great way to faster react in team fight, as sometimes I play a champ and I cannot cast my skill fast enough, then get killed how to you set your Q W E R to smartcast?

Kyph

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonprncss View Post
so how to smartcast? i have heard about this a lot but not sure how to do it, i think this could be a great way to faster react in team fight, as sometimes I play a champ and I cannot cast my skill fast enough, then get killed how to you set your Q W E R to smartcast?
You can hold shift and click Q W E R, or you can go into your hot key settings and change the smartcast spells to just regular Q W E R.