Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Atheist NA

08-13-2012

^ I know. Dodgers are pissing me off. And the lack of IP after so many games sucks too

BBokes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We're waiting to see what you guys think of the map first before we make that call.
You've seen, you've heard. Matchmaking Pl0x. <3

UnKnOwNToK3r

08-14-2012

**** you league of losers , **** your ****ty riot games ******s

Yartch

08-14-2012

This is kind of a plea. ARAM has been around in MOBAs for a while, it was really popular in DotA also. Proving grounds is the perfect setup for ARAM, it's too fun. I like that you guys are giving attention to it. The changes to the turrets show you take it half-seriously.

What I wanna say is, PLEASE implement matchmaking. The only thing that's really wrong with Proving Grounds right now is the dodgers. It's just too easy to leave a game and join another. Plus, having 3 game modes will look cooler.

Having some ARAM only items would be cool too. I feel like it'd be easier to get away with slightly imbalanced items, which just means even more fun.

Nea De Penserhir

08-14-2012

A few issues with Proving Grounds

Health Relics
-There needs to be at least one Health Relic within the home base itself. As it stands right now, Champion select is already punishing enough and there's very little incentive to try and fight a game where, in an all other things equal set up, that get the magical double mage, ad carry, poker, and Tank set up against your Tryndamere, Fiora, +3 other melee team.

An additional health relic location aids in the near constant siege that a mostly melee team deals with. Perhaps even moving the health relic in front of the first tower to the back of the second tower is sufficient.

Alternatively, adding to the Proving Ground Global Buff, improving item based Health Regeneration would help out heavy melee teams as well, or removing the improved Mana Regeneration (Thus requiring a bit more thought or investment in mana regeneration to continue the poke fest.)
---------
Secondly, I personally don't approve of the "Execution" model of wrapping up a team fight. ARAM has that Iron Man kind of feel to it that you stay in as long as you possibly can only to come back even stronger; Being able to deny the experience and gold for your death and coming back being even harder to kill makes punishing team set ups even more so.

Solution? No Credit decay. Even if you ace the team and die 45 seconds afterwards, they still get credited with the EXP and gold. You can still strategically suicide if you have no health and dying in one hit in the next team fight would be very bad, or if you really want to buy, but someone's going to benefit from it.

Vellithe

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yartch View Post
This is kind of a plea. ARAM has been around in MOBAs for a while, it was really popular in DotA also. Proving grounds is the perfect setup for ARAM, it's too fun. I like that you guys are giving attention to it. The changes to the turrets show you take it half-seriously.

What I wanna say is, PLEASE implement matchmaking. The only thing that's really wrong with Proving Grounds right now is the dodgers. It's just too easy to leave a game and join another. Plus, having 3 game modes will look cooler.

Having some ARAM only items would be cool too. I feel like it'd be easier to get away with slightly imbalanced items, which just means even more fun.
Yep. And as a bonus, if it were an actual game it wouldn't be affected by Custom Game rules and therefore would be able to give appropriate IP per game.

Not to mention how much easier it would be to get into a game with friends!!!

Except there would be no way in hell they could make it All Random then. Putting matchmaking would make it a bit closer to normals with its try-hards and less of a "fun mode" game, so can't have that much luck getting in the way of things.

aek1989

08-15-2012

I live League of Legends

Xebasik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Please change this so we can queue for it. Dodgers and trolls are 100x worse in custom. Blind pick, draft and even an ARAM queueable PG would be great. Thanks.

The Codyman

08-15-2012

Saw ya changed it back to 2 turrets, I like how your working on it.

I commend those at riot who are working on the PG, it's a lot of fun to see rioters play also because not many dodges.

Bendak

08-15-2012

I really love the game because it's a new map, and even though Morello and Friends hate new maps (and most other forms of League innovation) it's a great way to distract from the monotony of Summoner's Rift.