Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThrillOfTheBlunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

better then dominion XD

Esaul

07-07-2012

I've watched a few custom games. I'd love for this to translate into PvP. Myself and a few of my friends shy away from Custom Games (for some unknown reason), and we really want to play this. I think it'd be fun to have Proving Grounds rotate into the spectate live.

Rhotacism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Make it Queueable for random

JaySten

07-07-2012

Was logging in to PBE mostly for this game mode, (and the free RP) I am excited to play it with all the champions I own!

Irenne

07-07-2012

What I think would be epic is making a game mode for this that's a mix between draft pick and all random.

Before the match starts, each team can ban champions, then from whats left every person will get a random champ. Because we all know there's the ones we hate...like Karthus, Master Yi, Gragas...but it wouldn't be fair to permanently ban a champ from a map. The teams should choose. That would be awesome.

ZeroKuno

07-07-2012

For one, playing against a premade of 5 is pretty annoying.
I wish this would be moved to the same way normal games and dominion games work.
Matchmaking with the "hidden" ELO.
I haven't played such player imbalanced games in a very long time but I know it since it's indeed custom games.

Also, if you guys don't want to get rofl stomped you guys can check the invite list for any pre-mades.
The game isn't fun if people coordinate **** against people who have no idea how to play.

Cpt Knuckles

07-07-2012

Can it be made less like Dominion and more like Classic?
I.E. Remove the health pickups, drop the 20% hit to healing/regen and whatnot?

Epocholypse

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrycox42 View Post
Brackhar, will you promise me something? If this gets an official Announcement, will you please highlight how you were trying to create a hybrid of ARAM and ARAB, and as a result it is not ARAM or ARAB? Maybe then people will realize that they're not playing ARAM and start calling it something else.

I'm getting so pissed because every time I try to play an actual ARAM on Summoner's Rift, people fail to read, and either dodge because it's on Summoner's Rift (And yes, they've actually specifically said so when they're on my side for me to notice it), or the match begins and at least one person goes "lol wrong map, HOST FAIL" and leaves. I've had 2 games where 2 people left (On the same team).

I know a lot of people like the map, and it's good to see something released that a lot of people like. But its release has completely destroyed my experience with ARAM. And given that ARAM is pretty much all I play anymore, it's completely destroying my LoL experience.

I know you can't control what people do, but maybe this would help... Hopefully.

Inb4 downvoted to hell because people didn't actually read what I said

precisely my thoughts as well

LOG3

07-07-2012

I must say, as much as I love the new map I also miss the old ARAM games...
We need a new acronym for this map so that we can find ARAM games on SR again.

I miss the AP nasus and AP mf builds... they were totally viable on SR with poking being so important.
With the new map the speed at which the gear is progressing makes most of strong early game champions weaker because there is a very short period that you can call early game (in old ARAM on SR manners).

I believe the new map highly promotes tanks/tanky builds and if you have a squishy poke team you will get steamrolled at the point where the enemy can tank towers. You have to really dominate early game to win this but most of the times the enemy tower hugs then.

tl;dr: I miss the old SR ARAM games and meta

Minzart

07-07-2012

This is great! It gives all players a chance to go back to their first arena in League of Legends and have fun with friends! I can't see how this can go wrong