Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level5Account

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mystical View Post
Answers::

#1 its a Custom Game map right now, you can set up your own custom game and invite your friends as well as allow other to join, or you can do password so only your friends get in your custom game --- just go look under Custom games and you'll figure it out.

#2 very small amount of IP is given for custom games and only for so many minutes. So if you play a lot of Custom Games same day you eventually get no IP.

#3 custom games have settings for team set up, All Random, Blind Pick etc

Best advice I can give you is go in to Custom Games, find a game on the list, jump in and play. The new map is really fun and you can sort in the custom game list by map if you want to find games with the map you want to play, you can sort by other fields as well.
-Thank you very much for your very informative guide. Glad to see there are still some helpful people around on the forums, not just "TL;DR trolls"....
- Thx a lot once again.

cravenfear

07-04-2012

is there some reason you cant que up for this, why do i have to sit in a custom game and wait for 9 others to join

Mella Kara

07-04-2012

I've been playing this map since it was put up on the live servers and I love it. I have always loved aram so this is really awesome for me. The only thing I would say is... Consider making the lane wider and adding some obstacles in the middle. Not just bushes, maybe walls or gaps (the difference being one restricts LOS and one doesn't). The bushes were a nice touch but there are lots of champs who gain incredible amounts of utility from their ability to jump over walls.

Also I feel that even with the healing debuff on this map, champions with very effective heals cause a bit of an imbalance. Alistar and Soraka are the only problem children I've seen so far. They already bring great lane sustain to begin with but coupled with the fact that you can't heal at your platform, they become deadly. Alistar is more of a problem than Soraka, since Soraka has such long cooldowns. I don't really have any solutions for this, just giving my observations.

Anyway I hope aram PG makes it to queue sometime soon because I absolutely love it but I absolutely hate waiting in custom rooms for 20 minutes. High five to those who made it happen

Mythior

07-04-2012

Varus is great at sniping enemies with low health, finishing them off in this.

SolarGodezzAngel

07-04-2012

I Love It But Are There Any Plans For A Completely New Map Like the 8v8 With Teleporters Or Anything That Would B Epic

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

the death timers REALLY need to be longer. by the time you can actually push up to their base after winning a fight, they've revived already. so you have to win 2 fights in a row, without going back to heal or anything, and the second fight is on their turf.

its making some arams last WAAAAY too long.

the lane feels a little narrow, ESPECIALLY WITH THOSE STUPID LITTLE CURVY BITS ON THE SIDES.
personally, im not a fan of bushes at all, but whatever. those curvy bits NEED to go if the lane stays the same. hell even with a wider lane, they arent that great. in summoners rift, the usual rule for "nooks" is "dont go deeper than the bush in the river", so maybe keep some kind of sight blocking terrain, but the lanes need to be wider.

PsykeSC

07-04-2012

This is awesome!!

What about bot support?!

Crohnsplosion

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Hey Dudes!

A little over two months ago, a number of developers and I participated in Riot’s first ever Thunderdome – a periodic, companywide event aimed at allowing developers to work on whatever they want. My team set out to make the Proving Grounds, our basic tutorial map, playable as full on 5v5. This is something I’ve wanted to do ever since I originally worked on the map, and with the help of some other devs (and a good bit of caffeine) we managed to get everything up and running. Everyone was pretty happy with how the effort turned out, and with the upcoming removal of Winter Summoner’s Rift we saw an opportunity to sneak the new map out by repurposing the same UI hooks.

We've been testing the Proving Grounds for a week or so on the PBE, and now I'm pleased to announce that it is also playable as a custom game on the live servers. While we’ve been playtesting it internally as All Random (and lovin’ it) for quite some time now, all the pick options will be available – Blind Pick, Draft, and All Random – because we’re excited to see what variation you enjoy the most. We’d love to hear any feedback that you may have, as both RiotNome and myself will be providing support post release. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Fellow Rioters who helped me sneak this out:
Bigbadabruin
chunkface
Drevarius
Kilmourz
RiotNome
Ponts
positron7
Riot Taco Storm
RiotTroyzilla
subninja
Veigar
ARAMS is amazing! ty!

BlGFISH

07-04-2012

Next step I think is to make it an actual PVP game type which will make it easier than going into customs.

splitshocker

07-05-2012

Not sure if you have a preference added for the random selection but. It would be nice if it would try to random some sort of normal team comp. I have gone up against full ad teams as well as full ap. Its no fun being in one of those situations.

Also it may just be my luck but I seem to get randomed the same champs a lot. I really dont like playing ad carry and I got vayne in something like 4 out of 5 games.

But the game is a lot of fun! Good work

Edit: Hurry up and get this thing going so I can make IP off of it!!!!