Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Thanks to everyone who got this out quicker than i expected, been playing it for a while since release almost exclusively.

Just waiting for it to go into matchmaking so que's with buddies is easier.

Ms LadyDelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

The Testing Grounds are super fabulous. I am really pleased with this new addition. Great job Riot. As always I am one pleased Summoner!! <3

DarkPercy

07-04-2012

I am extremely satisfied with this nearly new game mode. I absolutely love the bushes here and there (and health packs and Dominion kind of setup). I could go on but you get the idea xD.

One bug that I have noticed though: Vladimir does not respawn with full health. I Think that the bonus Health that he gains from his AP doesn't seem to count towards his full HP... So when you die and respawn, you're always missing a bit of HP.

Not gamebreaking or anything. It's just a bug and it's there :P.

Level5Account

07-04-2012

Hi all.
I'd have some n00b questions concerning this new map - never tried to play on PTS so I'm not familiar with its "functions"... and I have been too busy playing D3 lately to play with LoL - cause the booring old meta and the autoattacker lanepusher "tryhard&ragehard"s made me "neglect" this game during the last few weeks... herpityderp... :S
-
- So let's get down to business:
-
1. Is this "mode" available only for premarde teams (Custom game map) or is it available for "random teams" as well (so the party-finder function is also available)?
2. Do you get any IP for this mode and if you do does it give you way less IP or approximately the same amount as you do in SR?
3. Is it a "deafult random" mode or are players allowed to pick their champs if they wish to do so?
-
- Thx for the answers in advance...

Neko Koneko San

07-04-2012

Not gonna lie, I'm loving it. Two thumbs up.

Mr Mystical

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level5Account View Post
Hi all.
I'd have some n00b questions concerning this new map - never tried to play on PTS so I'm not familiar with its "functions"... and I have been too busy playing D3 lately to play with LoL - cause the booring old meta and the autoattacker lanepusher "tryhard&ragehard"s made me "neglect" this game during the last few weeks... herpityderp... :S
-
- So let's get down to business:
-
1. Is this "mode" available only for premarde teams (Custom game map) or is it available for "random teams" as well (so the party-finder function is also available)?
2. Do you get any IP for this mode and if you do does it give you way less IP or approximately the same amount as you do in SR?
3. Is it a "deafult random" mode or are players allowed to pick their champs if they wish to do so?
-
- Thx for the answers in advance...

Answers::

#1 its a Custom Game map right now, you can set up your own custom game and invite your friends as well as allow other to join, or you can do password so only your friends get in your custom game --- just go look under Custom games and you'll figure it out.

#2 very small amount of IP is given for custom games and only for so many minutes. So if you play a lot of Custom Games same day you eventually get no IP.

#3 custom games have settings for team set up, All Random, Blind Pick etc

Best advice I can give you is go in to Custom Games, find a game on the list, jump in and play. The new map is really fun and you can sort in the custom game list by map if you want to find games with the map you want to play, you can sort by other fields as well.

Mr Mystical

07-04-2012

I'm noticing people who suicide so they can go back and buy get health regen etc ...there needs to be a penalty for suicide running under turrets to do it and stuff like that. I don't know if that's easy to do but it's not good sportsmanship and IMO cheating the game play on ARAM.

Sweagen

07-04-2012

If somebody hits you before you die under a turret, it counts as a kill for them

MoeRonn

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mystical View Post
I'm noticing people who suicide so they can go back and buy get health regen etc ...there needs to be a penalty for suicide running under turrets to do it and stuff like that. I don't know if that's easy to do but it's not good sportsmanship and IMO cheating the game play on ARAM.
Self executions were fair play in ARAM games I played.

YourFantasyGirl

07-04-2012

can you make it so we always get ip for this map?