Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cao Dong

06-29-2012

:B!

SweetTooth

06-29-2012

The map has a lot of potential but it also has several glaring problems. SInce i do not want to type out everything i will copy/paste an edited version of what i posted on Reddit here.

Quote:
Just played a few rounds on this map and it has promise but needs several fixes. It removes a lot of the problems with playing ARAM on SR but doesn't have half the things that make ARAB much more interesting and dynamic.

• First off it has Warmogs still in it. That item alone is broken in these game types and pretty easy to get. This makes bruisers all the more powerful. And what makes it worse is that we get Kitaes but no bloodrazer. Sure Kitaes does 2% of their health, but you dont get the armor you get from bloodrazor. Basically Warmogs just needs to be removed from this like it was on CS.
  • Second, the passive aura on CS is better since you get armor pen. This means bruisers, while powerful, can still be dealt with thanks tot hat aura. Since it is gone here, if you are an AD carry you will lose after 15 minutes if the other team hasn't been retarded enough to feed you absurdly. Once they get armor you wont do anything. (Yes you can rush a last whisper but then they get thornmail and you lose. Period)
  • Third, the removal of the fountain healing you and allowing you to buy is BAD BAD BAD JUST BAD. Now here me out on this, it is bad because once you lose that inhib, you are done for. If you are pushed to your base you will lose. No question about it. You can win a team fight and push all the way to the enemy base and take out their inhib, but then that second team fight happens and you will lose it because you are all low and now you have a long spawn time and the enemy has the advantage of already having taken your inhib down before so their creeps will out push yours. Basically, once your inhib goes down you need to be able to buy and heal. This would allow for the chance of a comeback.
  • Fourth, the gold from pushing towers is nothing compared to neutralizing/capping a point in ARAB that allows the squishy characters to get items. But since carries and even casters will have a hard time getting their items, that means that health items are so much better and once again bruisers become really powerful.
Edit: Was looking at it and the passive gold in Proving Grounds seems to be about 2 per second while on Crystal Scar it is 3 or 4. This, once again , means carries and casters will have a harder time getting their items and makes health items on bruisers better.
  • Fifth, the double health relic mid promote stagnation. There are no fights when you can simply farm up creeps and have 2 health relics right around your first tower. There needs to be a single health relic in the middle of the map.
  • Sixth, the brush is bad. While you could argue that it is similar to the bottom brush on ARAB, i say you are wrong. Sure that brush in ARAB is nice but you also have the area around the health relic mid to play around wit that allows for poking through the wall and setting up of plays via flashes and other blinks. This brush mid in Proving Grounds is boring and allows for very little variety in plays. I say this is boring because there is only a single Narrow area to play with. Even in ARAM you have the little big of river and sides to play with that obscure vision enough to pull off things. Since there is none of this in PB, you are either in that little big of brush, or you are completely visible. With basically only 2 bushes of any consequence and no other things to obscur vision it means there is no real ability to be sneaky, and that is boring.
TLDR: Bruisers win this. Hands down. The longer the game goes the less chance any squishy character has of winning.

Vadorojo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

I've enjoyed a number of AR PG games today, and I must say, my only complaint is that the IP gain is limited! That being said, I played 3-4 games and received 0 IP just because I was having that much fun ... however, I don't see that happening too often. =P

MTaur

06-29-2012

I hope it goes matchmade soon, because it's impossible to get a custom ARAM started.

PurePrestige

06-29-2012

gnyedrbsejuybjgfdxaxfdfcxdrghjy7nub7e56r

Akai Tsuki

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTooth View Post
Third, the removal of the fountain healing you and allowing you to buy is BAD BAD BAD JUST BAD. Now here me out on this, it is bad because once you lose that inhib, you are done for. If you are pushed to your base you will lose. No question about it. You can win a team fight and push all the way to the enemy base and take out their inhib, but then that second team fight happens and you will lose it because you are all low and now you have a long spawn time and the enemy has the advantage of already having taken your inhib down before so their creeps will out push yours. Basically, once your inhib goes down you need to be able to buy and heal. This would allow for the chance of a comeback.
Disagree strongly. It's a rule that delays games for no real reason. There is no need to change the rules of the game once certain conditions have met.

I never liked the 'rule' on SR where you could do that. To me, it's more of a convenience rule because you are losing the match and hope for a comeback (and if you make a comeback, I consider it a cheated one because at some point in the game the rules changed in your favour).

D4RK3W0LF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

why no one want to play blind pick game or draft mode? imad

D4RK3W0LF

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadorojo View Post
I've enjoyed a number of AR PG games today, and I must say, my only complaint is that the IP gain is limited! That being said, I played 3-4 games and received 0 IP just because I was having that much fun ... however, I don't see that happening too often. =P
play against bots: earn limitless ip
play against real players on new map: earn nothing
riot logic

G4MR

06-29-2012

riot pls, proving grounds match making!

hyliandanny

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
BigbadabRuin
Fixed.

Great job, guys!

-Danny
FIGHT ON!