Who is the fastest jungler? Let's find out...

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

I'm thinking that the best jungler is the one that can clear all five creep camps on your side of the river the quickest and then at level 4 and with both buffs, start ganking people that are still level 3.

That said.. obviously the faster you can clear all your creep camps on your side of the river, the sooner you'll be showing up unexpectedly in someone under-leveled's lane, or on the other side of the river ganking the enemy jungler while he's still trying to finish off a buff mob.

So... post what character you clear your side of the jungle with and what time shows on the big clock on the upper right when you finish the last mob.

I haven't gotten my runes exactly the way I want them yet, but with my current setup of runes, masteries, and gear, I'm able to clear my side of the river by the 4:05 mark with Warwick.

Anyone able to get a faster time with Warwick or a comparable time with another character, please post your time and the setup you use to do so.

Drey Malic

08-31-2010

how long will this little .... competition last?

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drey Malic View Post
how long will this little .... competition last?
As long as people want to post on the thread I suppose *shrug*.

Just trying to get a measure of jungling techniques that work and ones that do not work so that when I do get around to writing a comprehensive guide for warwick, I can have some solid data to back it up.

That and I don't have time to run all the trials necessary to narrow down the techniques, so what I'll do is when someone posts a strat for speed jungling that is close to the four minute mark, I'll try that one out and see how it does in comparison to the ones I've already tested.

That way, I'll minimize the number of trials that I do of things that just plain won't work. And it'll be fun to see what people can come up with for ideas on how to clear things faster.

radica

08-31-2010

Olaf is the fastest but the price you pay is worse initiating than Mumu, Wick, or XS for ganks.

Elrihm Theurg

08-31-2010

as nunu, i can out jungle people pretty well. granted, i can't start ganking very well, but my time is faster. i'll actually record it next time and post.

Cueballmac

08-31-2010

Nunu is the best jungler with the recent buff to consume. He doesnt have to use a single potion and he doesn't have to go home. That is his strength against the other junglers. Basically it is like having a second smite, with lifesteal as a bonus. Just grab a cloth armor and a single pot if you want.

Runes:
MPen or AP/level red
Dodge yellow
MR or AP/level blue
FlatHP or AP/level purple

Masteries 0/21/9 grabbing nimbleness and the damage reduction from neutrals to make sure that you will have a very easy time jungling. There is no doubt that Nunu is now the king of the jungle.

Kamaro

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueballmac View Post
Nunu is the best jungler with the recent buff to consume. He doesnt have to use a single potion and he doesn't have to go home. That is his strength against the other junglers. Basically it is like having a second smite, with lifesteal as a bonus. Just grab a cloth armor and a single pot if you want.

Runes:
MPen or AP/level red
Dodge yellow
MR or AP/level blue
FlatHP or AP/level purple

Masteries 0/21/9 grabbing nimbleness and the damage reduction from neutrals to make sure that you will have a very easy time jungling. There is no doubt that Nunu is now the king of the jungle.
So do you start at golem? Do you skip any camps? What summoner spell should you use next to Smite? Flash, ignite, or something else?

edit: what would be a good item build?
something like catalyst, abyssal scepter, situational boots, roa/banshee? or would soul shroud be a good start item? what about spirit visage?

Pureva

08-31-2010

I haven't tried either of these in a while, but I believe both Master Yi and Udyr can match your Warwick time, if not beat it (although Master Yi's jungling time varies a fair bit with luck). Hopefully someone else has actual times for these.

Karalius

08-31-2010

as far as i know, the OP didnt ask of oppinions who is the 'best jungler'
he asked times.

anyway, ive jungled with amumu, he is the fasters jungler i ever jungled with, done at 3:40 without using ghost or any other tricks. without any special +damage abilities, i think with special runes masteries just for a 'speed run' you can cut about 10 seconds of it, anyway, 3:40 is what i use in game.

from what i tested out some time ago

warwick falls behind amumu by about 10 seconds
udyr is very very close to amumu, depends on rune setup, the ones i used udyr was 5 seconds slower.

Jravolta

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro View Post
So do you start at golem? Do you skip any camps? What summoner spell should you use next to Smite? Flash, ignite, or something else?

edit: what would be a good item build?
something like catalyst, abyssal scepter, situational boots, roa/banshee? or would soul shroud be a good start item? what about spirit visage?
When I jungle with Nunu I get Smite and Ghost. Start at the wolves (next to golem) and consume the big wolf, finishing off the other ones while popping a potion. Then I Smite the biggest Wraith and continue running to the 2 golem camp. Pop another potion and kill them, and run to the Buff Golem. Smite should be off cooldown, so use it and go to town. After that you can take on the lizard and either start ganking or continue jungling. It is possible to take on the dragon at level 4, but consider your runes before you do that. I got killed right before I smacked it one last time, so I just wait till level 5.

I build my cloth armor into the Aegis of the Legion.

12345 ... 7